2.6.1 performance?

JamesHewitt

I'm mainly waiting for 3.0 so i can use my constellation aquila and the major optimisation patch due for release then, but has there been any with 2.6.1?

I know a lot of the issues are due to the netcode, so would regional servers improve that at all?

Well we got regional servers and especially for Star Marie they worked wonders. However with new stuff there is always new bugs so I happened to get kicked by error codes a few times today and people with higher pings seem to get favoured by netcode. There is also a wierd bug on Nvidia GPUs where you crash until you do a full reinstall with the current driver.

Other than that it's pretty playable once you deactivate vsync

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

2 minutes ago, Napper198 said:

Well we got regional servers and especially for Star Marie they worked wonders. However with new stuff there is always new bugs so I happened to get kicked by error codes a few times today and people with higher pings seem to get favoured by netcode. There is also a wierd bug on Nvidia GPUs where you crash until you do a full reinstall with the current driver.

Ah I see, may update and try star marine out again.

What was wrong with vsync?

It bounces constantly between 30 and 60 wich makes the game seem sluggish but I never noticed tearing without it so just deactivate is

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Performance is greatly improved on my end.

The regional servers thing may have had some kind of effect on that.

Played at 1440p, Very High settings...

It was a laggy, glitchy mess for me before.

14 hours ago, Napper198 said:

How do you disable vsync?

Intel i7-7770K | Asus Maximus X Hero  | EVGA GTX980 SuperClocked | 16GB Memory| Samsung 960 EVO M.2 | Corsair RM 750W | Dell 27" S2716DG main display | Dual Dell ST2320L 23" Secondary displays | Windows 10

Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Logitech G502 mouse | Kingston HyperX Cloud headset | Corsair H100i 

2 hours ago, Arcmanov said:

What specs do you have? Also did you do any changing to files or is that base?

1 hour ago, Jaredcb03 said:

How do you disable vsync?

console key 

r_vsync = 0

3 hours ago, Arcmanov said:

sorry for the double post but noticed that you are bleeding out a lot, you need to hit V (might be double tap v) you can tell when your bleeding out because of the flashing health sign.

@JamesHewitt

Specs: 

5820K @ 4.3 GHz

4 x 4 GB DDR4-2400

2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

Samsung 850 Evo m.2 SSD (Primary OS drive)

Didn't make any file changes.  Running it just as I downloaded it.

What files do people change? And what effect does it have on performance?

@rentaspoon

Thanks for that tidbit about the bleeding out...I was wondering how to use the health packs after picking them up.

23 minutes ago, Arcmanov said:

@JamesHewitt

Specs: 

5820K @ 4.3 GHz

4 x 4 GB DDR4-2400

Since SCs Star engine is based on CryEngine or now the Lumberyard fork by amazon you can use a cutom .xml to change your graphics settings and tweak it to your liking however CIG asks people not to do that since using a custom xml means that they have to drop the debug data your client is sending to them. Even deactivating VSync could already be considered an unwanted change since it isn't present in the options menu yet, but if you only use the console to change your settings the debug data doesn't get dropped, because there is no custom xml detected.

Edit: something like this: https://t.co/0RF6N6MH4c

4 hours ago, Arcmanov said:

@JamesHewitt

Specs: 

5820K @ 4.3 GHz

4 x 4 GB DDR4-2400

@rentaspoon

Thanks for that tidbit about the bleeding out...I was wondering how to use the health packs after picking them up.

Kinda similar

5820k @4.33

4xgb ddr4 @ 2666

980 ti hybrid 

m.2 ( can't remember exactly what type ) as primary, SSD for Star citizen and 4tb hdd.

On 19.2.2017 at 3:44 AM, JamesHewitt said:

I'm mainly waiting for 3.0 so i can use my constellation aquila

Cool, I'm waiting for 30.0 so I can use my Idris

T_T

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it has made Star Marine much more playable. 

But I spend ungodly amounts of time in Arena Commander and the netcode changes and regional servers dun broke that. :) Pips are all wrong, jerky and inaccurate. Ships rubberband around and are harder to hit, especially if there is a large latency disparity between you and the target. Also there is a (presumably netcode related) bug where you land all hits on target for 10+ seconds and more and get like 1 or 2 points for your efforts, where you should have gotten hundreds and destroyed the target. The latter happens with specific players and we have detected no commonality so far, it just happens.  And the regional servers mean it's even harder to get people in AC matches.

Overall it's a bad patch for AC, but an indication that they are working on the networking side, which is good.

More fixes and improvements scheduled for 2.6.2. Fingers crossed.

On 18/03/2017 at 5:38 AM, Gyre-Taenn said:

Yes. Yes you do.

Still can't shoot a Mustang down tho