Suggestion For Linus Tech Tips

VirusStorm

Is it just me or is it impossible to get noticed in the off-topic forum? I mean, you don't really notice any urgent posts where people need answers because its filled with random off-topic discussions. The linus tech tips forum needs to change its ways. Be more versatile, make more forum topics! Like music, steam market, etc. Or, make off-topic discussions viewable in the "recent topics" section. I only say this because of my respect for the forum. Please consider these changes 

2 minutes ago, VirusStorm said:

Is it just me or is it impossible to get noticed in the off-topic forum? I mean, you don't really notice any urgent posts where people need answers because its filled with random off-topic discussions. The linus tech tips forum needs to change its ways. Be more versatile, make more forum topics! Like music, steam market, etc. Or, make off-topic discussions viewable in the "recent topics" section. I only say this because of my respect for the forum. Please consider these changes 

Mhm? Sure... 

If you want support, go to the specific hardware section. 

4 hours ago, VirusStorm said:

I want you to think through this carefully. You're complaining that in the off-topic section of the forum, off-top discussions are taking attention away from posts that need legitimate answers. Posts about "music, steam market, etc" aren't any more urgent than the other stuff discussed on this section.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Theres already games, peripherals, software, build logs, etc, etc, etc. If it's tech related go onto general or the relevant if it's not at all tech list here and hope it gets noticed. If you Really need an answer quick post to the relevant subreddit like pcmr, techsupport, relationshipadvice, rare peppers, etc. 

- snip-

19 hours ago, VirusStorm said:

We used to show them in recent topics, but the issue is that we ended up having very few tech related topics in the sidebar (because of the volume of OT topics made)... and we're a tech forum... 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

6 hours ago, Blade of Grass said:

We used to show them in recent topics, but the issue is that we ended up having very few tech related topics in the sidebar (because of the volume of OT topics made)... and we're a tech forum... 

Thanks for the response! I really appreciate it. That makes sense, I could see people spamming the recent topics thread with non-tech related stuff. I would love to see a music section though