What should I do if I know someone who is currently living in the US without citizenship?

Profoundsoup

They have been here a few years now and still haven't tired to get citizenship.....should I do anything or just let them worry about it? 

I mean, there's two ways to approach it.  
One, they're here illegally.  They're breaking the law regardless.  You could report them. 

Or, as Misanthrope said, you could mind your own, if they aren't doing anything else wrong (because being here illegally is wrong) then leave it be.

There's a good chance the feds already know though.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

He doesn't necessarily have to be a citizen in order to live here. He could have a green card or a certain type of visa, etc. So long as he has some kind of valid, non-expired form of ID, he's good. If his valid ID is expired, and he's still living here, then he's technically breaking the law and is supposed to get deported, which makes sense since he would not have a valid form of ID. If he doesn't have a valid form of ID, IMO don't rat him out, but he should expect what's supposed to happen to him if he's caught.

COMIC SANS

I lived in the US without citizenship for a couple years, in fact I get my citizenship next year.

Just because you live in America and aren't a citizen doesn't make you an illegal alien.

Don't talk about stale memes.

4 hours ago, Acorn Eyes said:

I lived in the US without citizenship for a couple years, in fact I get my citizenship next year.

Just because you live in America and aren't a citizen doesn't make you an illegal alien.

Hey congrats!

21 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Hey congrats!

Yeah I don't have citizenship in any country, my parents never applied me for a Danish citizenship even though I was born there and lived the 8 years. It was the same year I left for the states tho.

Don't talk about stale memes.

1 minute ago, Acorn Eyes said:

Yeah I don't have citizenship in any country, my parents never applied me for a Danish citizenship even though I was born there and lived the 8 years. It was the same year I left for the states tho.

Hmm, well, you'll have an American citizenship soon.  Though it is quite weird you didn't get a Danish citizenship

You shouldn't, it's up to the government or the relevant authorities to remove them if they have a problem with them being in the country.

"We are all Citizens of the Planet! We breathe the same air and our blood is the same color. We do not let imaginary boundaries tell us otherwise."

Don't stress yourself out about it. Occupy your mind with more relevant things that deal with yourself. All will be good.

16 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Unless you actually witness a relevant crime or something that could personally affect you or people you know, you really should mind your own business.

You mean a crime like smuggling themselves into the country illegally and affecting people by not paying their taxes and taking jobs from legal citizens and immigrants. Hhhmmmm

Edit: Other than that who cares? They usually only get jobs a college or high school student would want anyway. So do nothing.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Unless that's your job then no, it's not up to you to deal with that.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

58 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

You mean

I know what I meant, you are just spewing conservative talking points not grounded in reality: Having an illegal status implies a lot more than just "Muh jobs! Muh Taxes!"

Point is that you don't even know what their status is, you don't know what taxes do they pay, you don't know what jobs they might do and if it truly has an impact on the economy, you know nothing at all: you just want to generalize and demonize someone personally because of stupid statistics that are 1) Not the full picture and 2) Not in any way applicable to individual cases.

-------

Current Rig

-------

17 hours ago, Profoundsoup said:

They have been here a few years now and still haven't tired to get citizenship.....should I do anything or just let them worry about it? 

Trump is that you?

I would try contacting ICE and see what the options are here. 

https://www.ice.gov

They are also looking to hire 10,000 agents which will be beautiful. Trump doing amazing things here. MAGA. 

Don't report crimes unless they affect you or someone else directly. Let the police worry about this sort of thing. The moment citizenzs start spying on each other we have stepped too close to 1984.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yeah i suppose that if they are not affecting you wrongly in any way, they will probably feel the fury of Trump the Dump as time goes on.

If it were on the Internet.... you should report illegal users!

Groomlake Authority

18 hours ago, Profoundsoup said:

Go about your day. Just don't hire them or sell them a gun. 

And there's a difference between citizenship and being here legally. You can be here legally in many ways. Hell even if he is illegal, he may be overstaying a legal visa. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

I know what I meant, you are just spewing conservative talking points not grounded in reality: Having an illegal status implies a lot more than just "Muh jobs! Muh Taxes!"

Point is that you don't even know what their status is, you don't know what taxes do they pay, you don't know what jobs they might do and if it truly has an impact on the economy, you know nothing at all: you just want to generalize and demonize someone personally because of stupid statistics that are 1) Not the full picture and 2) Not in any way applicable to individual cases.

Bottom line they are breaking a federal law and have no right to be where ever they are if they got there illegally. We have borders for a reason. Not to mention who pays for them once they get old and go on medicare without paying a cent into the system.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

*squints*

Looks like politics to me. 

On 2016-01-19 at 7:52 PM, Windspeed36 said:

No Trolling

• This includes flame wars such as NVIDIA vs AMD, political or religious debate.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB