Looking for a 4K Monitor

venedikli

Hey guys, im looking for a 4k monitor. I wont buy any monitor next 5-6 years. so i want to buy the best. I play games sometimes, but mostly i edit videos and watch many movies, coding and research on the internet. i sit front of the monitor 6-7 hours in a day. i heard lg's panel is the best but i dont know which to choose. can u help me? . thank u very much for now

For a more budget version get the LG 27ud68-w, if money isnt a problem get the LG 27ud88. I own both and highly recommend them!

MAIN BUILD!

2 minutes ago, MilitantCro said:

For a more budget version get the LG 27ud68-w, if money isnt a problem get the LG 27ud88. I own both and highly recommend them!

what do i need to be carefull buying monitor? does it have hdr10 and any staff like that? money isnt problem for now . my budget is nearly 2000$ . i have a coupon at amazon.com

24" to 34" inch the technology isn't there with many of the larger screens at this time. What size are you looking for? 

Are you picky when it comes to 4k? Is 3.8k fine for you? 

Do you want a higher refresh rate? Does 60Hz matter or do you want 144Hz? 

The one MilitantCro linked is a 3.8k. 

How picky are you here? 

2 minutes ago, venedikli said:

what do i need to be carefull buying monitor? does it have hdr10 and any staff like that? money isnt problem for now . my budget is nearly 2000$ . i have a coupon at amazon.com

In that case look in to the Asus Rog 4k g sync monitors. Panel is the most important stuff, everything else is just features that a company picks and implements which ones will it use in the products, just look in to what you are interested in.

MAIN BUILD!

2 minutes ago, e23 said:

24" to 34" inch the technology isn't there with many of the larger screens at this time. What size are you looking for? 

How picky are you here? 

95% of people mean 3.8k when people say 4k. Even companies say 4k when its actually 3.8k

MAIN BUILD!

10 minutes ago, venedikli said:

You'll be hard pressed (for the time being) to find computer monitors with support for the HDR features found in flat screen TVs like the ones made by Samsung and LG.  Perhaps get a LG TV with HDR features.

I'd go with a panel like the Dell UP3216Q if you do serious video editing, this sort of monitor would be my minimum recommendation.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

4 minutes ago, MilitantCro said:

95% of people mean 3.8k when people say 4k. Even companies say 4k when its actually 3.8k

It's still 4K, the difference is DCI 4K which is 4096 pixels wide and UHD which is 3840 pixels wide.  There's no such thing as 3.8K so stop being anal about these things.

Here's a table with a list of resolutions that fall under the heading of 4K.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution#Resolutions

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

In that case look in to the Asus Rog 4k g sync monitors. Panel is the most important stuff, everything else is just features that a company picks and implements which ones will it use in the products, just look in to what you are interested in.

yeah i researched on the internet and mostly i find out asus monitors. relased asus monitors at ces 2017, when will bought at amazon.com

for example: https://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/

footnote: what do u think about curved monitors ?

Just saying with a budget of $2,000. Might be nit picky with a budget like that. 

3 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

It's still 4K, the difference is DCI 4K which is 4096 pixels wide and UHD which is 3840 pixels wide.  There's no such thing as 3.8K so stop being anal about these things.

Just saying with a Budget of $2,000. That's 3.8k not 4k. You said the difference then you said there is no such thing as 3.8k. You just disproved yourself. 

13 minutes ago, e23 said:

How picky are you here? 

im looking for 27 inch and over. and i understand what u mean. its fine 3840*2160 for me.

i dont play games much so if refresh rate important at only playing games, 60 hz will be fine for me. 

5 minutes ago, e23 said:

Just saying with a budget of $2,000. Might be nit picky with a budget like that. 

Just saying with a Budget of $2,000. That's 3.8k not 4k. You said the difference then you said there is no such thing as 3.8k. You just disproved yourself. 

You may want to read this post, 4K is a category of resolutions and 3840 pixels also falls under the category of 4K.  No one calls it 3.8K, only retards do.

All these resolutions fall under the heading of 4K

Ultra-high-definition television   3840 × 2160     1.78:1 (16:9) 8,294,400
Ultra-wide-television   5120 × 2160     2.37:1 (21:9        11,059,200
DCI 4K (native resolution)   4096 × 2160         1.90:1 (256:135) 8,847,360
DCI 4K (CinemaScope cropped)   4096 × 1716 2.39:1 (1024:429) 7,028,736
DCI 4K (flat cropped)   3996 × 2160 1.85:1 (999:540) 8,631,360

im looking for 27 inch and over. and i understand what u mean. its fine 3840*2160 for me.

i dont play games much so if refresh rate important at only playing games, 60 hz will be fine for me. 

As I said, the Dell UP3216Q, 32" true 10-bit panel with support for 99.5% AdobeRGB and 87% DCI-P3.  I just installed one in my studio today.

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-UP3216Q-Screen-Monitor/dp/B016IBVKNU

If 60Hz is fine then the 144Hz on that monitor might not be worth it to you. 

1 hour ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

You may want to read this post, 4K is a category of resolutions and 3840 pixels also falls under the category of 4K.  No one calls it 3.8K, only retards do.

All these resolutions fall under the heading of 4K

Ultra-high-definition television   3840 × 2160     1.78:1 (16:9) 8,294,400
Ultra-wide-television   5120 × 2160     2.37:1 (21:9        11,059,200
DCI 4K (native resolution)   4096 × 2160         1.90:1 (256:135) 8,847,360
DCI 4K (CinemaScope cropped)   4096 × 1716 2.39:1 (1024:429) 7,028,736
DCI 4K (flat cropped)   3996 × 2160 1.85:1 (999:540) 8,631,360

Nice ad hominem attack there. 

Many people use the term "true 4k" which separates the 3.8k from the 4k. That's why they refer to it as "true 4k". Just so you know. So I guess were all retards then. 

1 hour ago, venedikli said:

I looked over the specs of many 4k monitors. I recommend the 27UD88-W as well. 

Edit - forgot to mention. If it were myself I'd get the https://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/. I'm more in the gaming realm so it would fit my needs more here. Depends what you want here in the end. 

If you have such a high budget, just wait for the UHD, 144 Hz Monitor with HDR10?

Or just tell us, what exactly do you want to do with this Monitor? Pure Gaming? Productive Work?

On 19.02.2017 at 1:41 AM, Darkseth said:

If you have such a high budget, just wait for the UHD, 144 Hz Monitor with HDR10?

Or just tell us, what exactly do you want to do with this Monitor? Pure Gaming? Productive Work?

actually both of them. but mostly productive work.

what if i want to wait for specs that u said. how much time do i need to wait?

That one was announced at CES, and is supposed to hit the market in Q3 this year :/ so... pretty much over a half year away.

And it is supposed to be at 1999 usd~

• 3 weeks later...