Could this tool cut a decent window?

Mobby Dick

Hey guys,

Since I am going to mod a window into my case I was wondering what tool is best. After some research I learned that a Dremel/Rotary tool is best, but I was wondering if a Bosch PMF 220 CE could get the job done? I would use a U-Channel and sand the edges down, but that tool still looks a bit rough. So if you have any ideas/experience just let me know :) 

1 minute ago, Mobby Dick said:

Hey guys,

Since I am going to mod a window into my case I was wondering what tool is best. After some research I learned that a Dremel/Rotary tool is best, but I was wondering if a Bosch PMF 220 CE could get the job done? I would use a U-Channel and sand the edges down, but that tool still looks a bit rough. So if you have any ideas/experience just let me know :) 

That's an oscillating tool not ideal for cutting metal, you will want a rotary or dremel type tool with a reinforced abrasive cutting disc. You will want to afterwards take a metal file and straight out the cuts and clean up the edges. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dremel-3000-15-Multitool-130-Accessories/dp/B0078LENZC/ref=sr_1_1?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1487448986&sr=1-1

I'd say you're posting in the wrong forum!!!!

Get a full circular cutting head that is reinforced, don't cheap out as you'll probably want it for later projects. Literally even the weakest dremel took or just a sharp point and hammer could do the same thing but it won't look pretty.

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

That's an oscillating tool not ideal for cutting metal, you will want a rotary or dremel type tool with a reinforced abrasive cutting disc. You will want to afterwards take a metal file and straight out the cuts and clean up the edges. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dremel-3000-15-Multitool-130-Accessories/dp/B0078LENZC/ref=sr_1_1?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1487448986&sr=1-1

OK thank you, I might look for someone who can borrow me a Dremel then :)