PC posts, then gives Q-Code 61 and freezes

Manchu

Last night I turned off my PC because ESET said that an application update was necessary. This morning I turned on my PC, it posted and booted to Windows. The thing is, neither my mouse nor my keyboard seemed to work. I restarted, nothing. What's interesting is that the M+KB work in the BIOS and the Windows recovery options, but not anything else. I loaded optimized defaults, nothing, except this time when booting I got a Q-Code of 61 (NVRAM Initialization) and the PC hung before Windows would load. Restarted, the PC then booted fine to Windows, but still no USB. Fast-forward half and hour, and now whenever I boot the PC posts and then hangs with the Q-Code of 61. I've tried enabling/disabling XMP, and using only one stick of RAM. One time I got it into Recovery mode, where the M+KB worked fine, but then not in the login. All of my subsequent restarts result in Code 61.

Specs: i7 6800k, H100i v2, ASUS ROG STRIX X99, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, GTX 970, 500GB 850 EVO, 1TB WD Blue, EVGA 650 G2, Windows 10

CPU i7 6800k @ 4GHz, 1.255v

Cooler Scythe FUMA 2

Motherboard ASUS X99 ROG

RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (+100MHz core, +200MHz memory)

Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 500GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD 

PSU EVGA 650G2

Case Phanteks P400S TG + 3x NZXT Aer 2 RGB Fans + NZXT Hue 2

Monitors Acer CB271HU, Dell S2440L

OS Windows 10

PCPartPicker Link https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MiniManchu/saved/cHnWZL

A quick search says that Q-Code 61 is related to USB, but it can also be bios and gpu related, as different people says different things.

So try different USB devices first, maybe you got a bad port or something like that.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

3 minutes ago, OddsCrazyStuff said:

A quick search says that Q-Code 61 is related to USB, but it can also be bios and gpu related, as different people says different things.

So try different USB devices first, maybe you got a bad port or something like that.

I don't believe it's a dead port, more of an issue with the board not giving them power once Windows has loaded. I just got it to load into Windows with only one stick of RAM plugged in but alas the mouse and keyboard still don't work.

CPU i7 6800k @ 4GHz, 1.255v

Cooler Scythe FUMA 2

Motherboard ASUS X99 ROG

RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (+100MHz core, +200MHz memory)

Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 500GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD 

PSU EVGA 650G2

Case Phanteks P400S TG + 3x NZXT Aer 2 RGB Fans + NZXT Hue 2

Monitors Acer CB271HU, Dell S2440L

OS Windows 10

PCPartPicker Link https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MiniManchu/saved/cHnWZL

• 2 years later...