Deciding on my Aio

The Black Guy
21 minutes ago, The Black Guy said:

So I have a corsair h45 and i want something less noisy i was thinking about buying a NH-L12 or an nzxt kraken X52 what should i do .

Air coolers will always be quieter than most AIOs because they don't need pumps. I'd either suggest a 240-280mm AIO or a dual tower air cooler

Which case? If you have plenty space, there's no reason to go for down-draft cooler. Besides that, comparing 240mm AIO to low-profile air cooler is really bad comparison. What kind of budget are you working with and what are you looking from cooler?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I do not think that a dual tower is necessary. A single tower is fine for most applications. I like the Arctic Freezer i32 due to its excellent performance/price ratio. If yuou are thinking of spending more, the Noctua NH-U14S is also good for the money.

CPU Air Cooler Mega Test: Summary by Cooler Type

CPU Air Cooler Mega Test: Cost Vs Performance

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer i32

Noctua NH-U14S

7 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Which case? If you have plenty space, there's no reason to go for down-draft cooler. Besides that, comparing 240mm AIO to low-profile air cooler is really bad comparison. What kind of budget are you working with and what are you looking from cooler?

The budget is not a problem my case is the riotoro cr 1080

and

5 minutes ago, LoneKrafayis said:

I do not think that a dual tower is necessary. A single tower is fine for most applications. I like the Arctic Freezer i32 due to its excellent performance/price ratio. If yuou are thinking of spending more, the Noctua NH-U14S is also good for the money.

CPU Air Cooler Mega Test: Summary by Cooler Type

CPU Air Cooler Mega Test: Cost Vs Performance

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer i32

Noctua NH-U14S

umm interesting but i would like an air cooler with a front facing fan like the nh l12

The Scythe Fuma is a good high end air cooler that has excellent noiselevels and control range.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

6 minutes ago, The Black Guy said:

The budget is not a problem my case is the riotoro cr 1080

and

With that low limit on cooler heigh, you will gain more with AIO. If you want performance over noise. Noctua will be more quiet, but it will definetly fall behind on performance. At that point H80i from Corsair or some other single rad might be best overall pick, but I'm not sure. I don't have personal experience from AIOs.

1 minute ago, Gonio said:

The Scythe Fuma is a good high end air cooler that has excellent noiselevels and control range.

Case has 120mm limit for CPU coolers. No dual tower will fit.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 minutes ago, The Black Guy said:

umm interesting but i would like an air cooler with a front facing fan like the nh l12

Sure, you can get a 120mm top-down cooler, like the Noctua NH-C14S. I think Noctua's 92mm tower-style coolers do a better job then their 120mm top-down-style coolers, see the CPU Air Cooler Mega Test that is linked above. The Arctic i11 is a good cooling deal, and gets temperatures close to the top-down-style coolers.

12 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

With that low limit on cooler heigh, you will gain more with AIO. If you want performance over noise. Noctua will be more quiet, but it will definetly fall behind on performance. At that point H80i from Corsair or some other single rad might be best overall pick, but I'm not sure. I don't have personal experience from AIOs.

Case has 120mm limit for CPU coolers. No dual tower will fit.

yeah i think the x52 might fit even if riotoro said only 140mm supported why nzxt did not make a sequel to the x31

Is the fan, pump, or both too loud? What speeds are they running at and have you tried lowering them?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.