February's Patch Tuesday was skipped? Wait until March i guess...

AlTech

February's patch Tuesday came and went with not a single change coming to any PC around the world.

Microsoft has confirmed that February's Patch Tuesday was delayed at the very last minute and so the newest bug fixes and patches will come out in March instead.

Not earth shattering by any means but still worth noting nonetheless.

This came from Microsoft:

We will deliver updates as part of the planned March Update Tuesday, March 14, 2017.

Our top priority is to provide the best possible experience for customers in maintaining and protecting their systems. This month, we discovered a last minute issue that could impact some customers and was not resolved in time for our planned updates today.

After considering all options, we made the decision to delay this month's updates. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this change to the existing plan.

Ehh. Whatever. I mean I noticed that Windows 10 was recently getting less bug fix updates on the official release channel but this is the first news from the source we've heard.

http://www.windowscentral.com/februarys-patch-tuesday-updates-delayed-until-march-14

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

What I find odd is that they don't release the February patch as an optional update when available instead of releasing it as a critical (mandatory if you will) update in March. That way those who wish to have a secure device whether you're a consumer or a business have the option to update at their own leisure. This seems like a move to appease businesses so that they can update at the regular schedule.

7 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Radeon user here. Doesnt know how that feel. Why is it fucking up?

I dont think its an Nvidia specific issue. Its straight up a windows issue, they pushed the path out and if you are running triple screens (not even surround just game on 1 screen other 2 doing whatever) you will get alot more stutters. I've noticed my watch dogs 2 performance has been effected by it ... peobably other stuff too once I notice it in WD2 i just ran on the single display

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

5 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

I dont think its an Nvidia specific issue. Its straight up a windows issue, they pushed the path out and if you are running triple screens (not even surround just game on 1 screen other 2 doing whatever) you will get alot more stutters. I've noticed my watch dogs 2 performance has been effected by it ... peobably other stuff too once I notice it in WD2 i just ran on the single display

hmm, i dont have 3 screens anymore. But when i did i had no issues in W10... Albeit i know NV Surround is outright cancer even with just two screens.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

hmm, i dont have 3 screens anymore. But when i did i had no issues in W10... Albeit i know NV Surround is outright cancer even with just two screens.

it was something that just became a thing with their Jan patch with the answer being *shrug* wait for us to fix it even though we are pushing out a faulty patch

its nothing do to with surround AT ALL I dont run surround (ok I do very seldom but not for WD) simpley having them active displays makes this happen

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I also wonder what's the issue they encountered. But oh well, better not release broken update though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

If it would affect a lot of users, I'm glad they didn't push it out since many people haven't disabled the fuckin' automatic updates. GJ M$ GJ

Sounds like this month's Patch Tuesday is indeed cancelled. 

It's not like there's nothing wrong this month, there's a couple zero-days and some new exploits that are now being disclosed because MS didn't patch them on the 14th. 

Apparently everyone's system being vulnerable isn't that important.

This is exactly why you're supposed to release a number of small patches that each deal with one problem rather than 1 big update that contains everything.  That way you can still release a fix for most of the problems.

33 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Sounds like this month's Patch Tuesday is indeed cancelled. 

It's not like there's nothing wrong this month, there's a couple zero-days and some new exploits that are now being disclosed because MS didn't patch them on the 14th. 

Apparently everyone's system being vulnerable isn't that important.

This is exactly why you're supposed to release a number of small patches that each deal with one problem rather than 1 big update that contains everything.  That way you can still release a fix for most of the problems.

meh its annoying to install updates at all on Windows. On limux it updates and you're done on Windows.

download updates, install, reboot, configure updates, done.

sure sometimes you need to reboot on Linux but not often.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

True that.  I also have yet to see an update break my Mint install.  And you usually don't need to wait months for a vulnerability to be patched either.

Microsoft releases a security patch, breaks minor thing- Community flips shit

Microsoft holds off a security patch to not break something- Community flips shit