Office for Mac 2016 now supports Apple's latest gimmick

AlTech
34 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Since my comments were directed against Apple I wasn't trying to show him.  I was comparing Apple to him.

Not saying his name is due to you not liking him. Doing it the way you did it seems quite petty and adds nothing to your point. It also doesn't really make sense as PewDiePie does care what people think. He's made plenty of videos correcting news article's interpretations of his videos and such. If he didn't care he wouldn't be bothered by people misinterpreting his stuff.

There is not liking his content and then there is saying 

It's the pew whatever pie of the computer world.  (I won't validate that moron by saying his username correctly)

which makes it look like you are hating on him cuz it's a popular thing to do. Like hating on Justin Bieber or any other number of people who have become famous and people take issue with that.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

12 minutes ago, Bensemus said:

Not saying his name is due to you not liking him. Doing it the way you did it seems quite petty and adds nothing to your point. It also doesn't really make sense as PewDiePie does care what people think. He's made plenty of videos correcting news article's interpretations of his videos and such. If he didn't care he wouldn't be bothered by people misinterpreting his stuff.

There is not liking his content and then there is saying 

which makes it look like you are hating on him cuz it's a popular thing to do. Like hating on Justin Bieber or any other number of people who have become famous and people take issue with that.

He only "cares" because his screw ups are biting him in the rear and costing him money.  

And I hated that smug bastard before it was cool.  ? lol

My opinion of him was validated by this current mess he got himself into and not caused by it.  

I do think Bieber sucks too btw.  His music is awful and he's done enough stupid crap of his own to deserve my low opinion of him as well.  

13 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I like my iPhone because I find droid to be rather not user friendly and intuitive.  

I like my iPad because again not droid and since getting an iPhone pairs with it very well for things like iMessage.

If you find Their software to work better than Androids, then it's your choice.

14 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

New?  If new means soldered in place SSDs and batteries and last year's hardware I'll take old thank you.  

Soldering things isn't new, but to put add a SSD drive solder or not is

17 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Apple seems to always be months to a year behind PC in hardware found in their computers from what I've seen.  

Their claim to fame is fancy shells for their computers that they keep changing even though many people said no we don't like what you're doing please stop.  

Thunderbolt is only used by Apple unless I'm mistaken?  

USB-C?  My desktop has USB C on my Z170 board that was released sometime in fall 2015 I think it was.  Before Apple decide to piss people off with its USB-C only laptop.  

Apple has done good things but it's also done a lot of stupid things but people are stuck with it if they want to use the OS.

Apple isn't afraid to push new thing because they have the ability to do it, due to their genius way or marketing. If PC was to force something new, people will start bashing it from left and right until, they give up and go back to something old. With Apple, it's either you buy it or GTFO, and since many wants to be associated with something cool like Apple, they will find any type of excuse to adopt the new standard. Because of this, device manufactures will start making devices for it. And when PC sides see this, they adopt the new standard too, so it's a win win on both sides. Macbook with single USB type C came out in early March of 2015, your Z170 came out in August of 2015.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

12 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Now when did I say I hate apple?

I'd like to use macOS if it wasn't locked down to their hardware.

So you like Apple ?

It's locked down cause they pay for it with the costs of the hardware. I would imagine if they made it open they would need to make people pay for it. Would you buy OS X ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Check out my new ultrawide oled monitor!

I thought you were banned? What is this sorcery? :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

14 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

and its a Waccom just like the SP3

The Surface Pro 1 and Pro 2 used Wacom technology. The Surface 3, Pro 3, Pro 4, Book, and Studio all use the newest versions of N-Trig's digitizer and pen.

That's why the Surface pens for the Pro 3 and up can be used on any one of those devices, but the pens for the Pro 1 and Pro 2 can't, and vice versa.

15 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

And that still doesn't preclude the fact that no desktop OS offers a particularly good touch experience.

That depends a great deal on who you are and what you're doing with that machine. Windows and OSX both deliver great touch experiences to artists.

Windows 10's tablet mode is also highly capable at touch, with the only issues being metro style app selection and the wasted space on the taskbar when in tablet mode, imo.

Outside of Win32 apps, I wouldn't call Windows 8.1 a horrible experience either, if there was some physical or capacitive Windows button.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

19 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I strongly dislike the touchbar. Sue me.

Definitely, the opposite, if it indeed ever get out of MS's butthole. Of course you and I know that they can't :P

It's completely unnecessary and removes the function keys. I happen to use the function row of keys almost every single day on my Pro 4's type cover.

What for? To increase/decrease volume and brightness. That's the most retarded thing I've heard in a while. If you used F keys as shortcuts, well they're still available but more intuitive. If you used the F keys, which I highly doubt, you can still use them

I also happen to care about battery life which the touchbar does not enable.

A OLED strip, which is mostly black is going to suck out all those juices, amirite?

I'm annoyed right now that I have to deal with having touch on one device and not on the all of them.

Well, Im annoyed that OEMs can't figure out how to make trackpads (save for Apple). I'm annoyed how Windows sucks so bad as a touch interface

Having touch on a laptop and yet not having that as an option on other devices is annoying. It's just a back and forth between input devices and is annoying.

I've kind of given up on a lot of trackpads.

That;s only becasue you favour one over the other. If you actually used the touch bar you would feel the other way around, ie windows not offering it, but of course you wouldn't admit that

Providing a touch screen is always (to my mind) a nice backup or +1 because it can act as a substitute for when OEMs don't know how to make trackpad properly.

Yeah, but Apple knows

Yes. I have touched it with the laptop turned off. It seems like an incredibly useless thing.

Were you expecting it to produce pixie dust when it was turned off? Smh. so hard

I would never ever use it and then on top of that this is at the expensive of the function keys.

lol again with the fn keys, that no one lost, but got added functionality

What do you want the touchbar to do?

Shortcuts for everything and simple function presses which you would have otherwise needed to navigate/reach out to

Replace keyboard shortcuts? No, that's what muscle memory is for.

RIght, like there is a shortcut for everything on the laptop. Jeez, I don't know why people use mice with their computers

The only reason I don't use mine more often is due to a lot of terrible Win32 programs not being optimized for touch.

WIn32? Windows itself isn't optimised for it. Well, what do you expect from a company who can't port their settings from control panel to the "Modern UI" Settings even after almost two years

I would say this thread pretty much sums up the general anti Apple sentiment around here.   

People who think that only their use case matters and anything that doesn't fit their needs is stupid.  

The real world doesn't work that way.  In the real world different people have different needs. And what is useful to some people isn't to others.   The difference is that most people don't get themselves bent out of shape over what OTHER people need. 

I don't like cars from Acura.  I feel they are overpriced for the features compared to what you get with other luxury brands and are ugly.   But I don't go around acting like an idiot about the company and getting upset when they add features or partner with other companies. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

22 hours ago, KWelz said:

I would say this thread pretty much sums up the general anti Apple sentiment around here.   

People who think that only their use case matters and anything that doesn't fit their needs is stupid.  

The real world doesn't work that way.  In the real world different people have different needs. And what is useful to some people isn't to others.   The difference is that most people don't get themselves bent out of shape over what OTHER people need. 

OMG this

how can you not like a flexible set of fn keys

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

On 2/19/2017 at 8:02 PM, KWelz said:

I don't like cars from Acura.  I feel they are overpriced for the features compared to what you get with other luxury brands and are ugly.   But I don't go around acting like an idiot about the company and getting upset when they add features or partner with other companies.

Please don't bundle all anti-Apple people together into one group. That's just as bad as bundling every Apple user into the "you just want a 3000 dollar facebook machine to use a star bucks".

There are legitimate reasons to like and dislike Apple as well as their products.

Most people (on both sides) usually can't justify their beliefs though. Like how people go "OS X is great because it's Unix!" without knowing what Unix is and why it matter/don't matter. Or like how people say the iPhone has bad hardware when in reality the hardware is phenomenal. But the people who don't know better just assumes that it performs well because iOS is "optimized" without realizing what a massive amount of performance and clever tricks Apple puts into their phones to make them appear as snappy as they do.

Quite frankly, I wish the ignorant fools from both sides would just shut up because they are insufferable fanboys/haters who don't know the first thing about the devices they talk about.

This thread contains people from both sides that fit this category...

tbh I don't really like Apple that much either and think they lost their minds with the iPhone 7 and 2016 MacBook Pro, but I'm not gonna be a complete jackass about it. Thinking that everyone's use case scenario is the same as mine is pretty damn narrow-minded. Ignorant, even.

On-topic, it's cool to see companies adopt the touch bar, I guess. I still see it as pretty gimmicky, but if people can get use out of it then that's cool.

4 hours ago, Daring said:

tbh I don't really like Apple that much either and think they lost their minds with the iPhone 7 and 2016 MacBook Pro, but I'm not gonna be a complete jackass about it. Thinking that everyone's use case scenario is the same as mine is pretty damn narrow-minded. Ignorant, even.

On-topic, it's cool to see companies adopt the touch bar, I guess. I still see it as pretty gimmicky, but if people can get use out of it then that's cool.

While it's gimmicky, I can see potential in it -- especially when the function row goes generally unused anyway. My only gripe with it is the high premium that it carries. Although, in fairness, it is a first gen product and the next iteration will hopefully see a nice price drop. I also really hope Apple adds an iGPU only 15" Pro back into the lineup (as that's what I would personally want, not that I plan on upgrading in the next five-ish years). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

9 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

While it's gimmicky, I can see potential in it -- especially when the function row goes generally unused anyway. My only gripe with it is the high premium that it carries. Although, in fairness, it is a first gen product and the next iteration will hopefully see a nice price drop. I also really hope Apple adds an iGPU only 15" Pro back into the lineup (as that's what I would personally want, not that I plan on upgrading in the next five-ish years). 

I still find use in the FN key row, mostly for Vivaldi. But that doesn't mean that everyone uses the FN key row extensively.

Also, are you expecting Apple to price drop?

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

I still find use in the FN key row, mostly for Vivaldi. But that doesn't mean that everyone uses the FN key row extensively.

Also, are you expecting Apple to price drop?

The touch bar still works as function keys as well. For the select few people who touch type on the function row frequently, it's probably worse, but I think that group of people is far from the majority. 

Yeah, generally first gen products from Apple carry a premium that gets eliminated on the next iteration. With that said, if they're forced to pay import taxes/fess and/or move their factories into the US then it's all up in the air. Putting the latter bit of that hold, I'd guess that the 13" touch bar will start around $1500 and the 15" touchbar around $2200 with a dGPU and hopefully an SSD bump (supposedly there is no iGPU variant because they wanted to promote all 15" MBPs as being able to run dual 5k displays and HD580 couldn't). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

The touch bar still works as function keys as well. For the select few people who touch type on the function row frequently, it's probably worse, but I think that group of people is far from the majority.

For those people (me included) it isn't really a suitable replacement; typing on a flat plane of glass just doesn't feel the same as and can't replicate the feel of typing on a physical key. I'm not the only one, either.

23 minutes ago, Daring said:

For those people (me included) it isn't really a suitable replacement; typing on a flat plane of glass just doesn't feel the same as and can't replicate the feel of typing on a physical key. I'm not the only one, either.

If we were talking about typing then I would agree.  However you don't "type" on the function keys.  You use them for the function.  That is all. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

On 2/18/2017 at 4:39 PM, Pohernori said:

The guidelines are still too vague to handle stuff like this.

At the very least the guidelines should be updated to include how opinions should be kept out of thread titles.

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | CPU: i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz | RAM: Corsair DDR4 16GB @ 3000MHz | Case: Fractal Define S Mid ATX | Cooler: H100iV2
Mobo: Aorus z270 Gaming 7 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma @ 400 DPI | Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+
Keyboard: CM Storm (Cherry MX Green) | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50x | Monitor: 27" ASUS 1440p @ 59Hz