headset/headphones recommendations

Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,
3 minutes ago, hazen10 said:

I like having a strong bass while being able to hear the mids and treble nicely

hmmm the DT 990 and K553 comes to my mind. The DT 990 are open with a decent soundstage and bass and treble boost, but the treble can be a bit too much for some people, the K553 has a very big soundstage for closed headphones and a nice bass and treble boost, while still being more balanced than the DT990

Hello everyone, i've been wanting to change my headset, currently im using a steelseries 3hv2, had this one for 1 year and a half, they really hurt my ears after some time of usage :P

my budget can go up to U$150 , im running a asus xonar dg 5.1 sound card too.

yesterday i found the logitech g230 on a store, they looked pretty nice and comfortable , and they are affordable too, if you have this headset please leave your thoughts!

give me your recommendations ,thanks everybody

In my opinion I like these. They sound good and are pretty comfortable. 

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g633-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset

Only weird thing in my opinion is they are a bit big and kind of look a bit funny when being worn.

| Ryzen 9 3950X | EVGA 1200P2 | AMD 5700XT | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | G. Skill 4x16GB 3600Mhz CL16 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN | 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro | Lian Li O11 Dynamic |

Headset - HyperX cloud 1 or core if you don't need the accessories.

They sound exactly the same with differences in the accesories.

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558/Philips SHP9500 + vmoda boompro

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

hazen10

I can completely understand that the headphones can become really uncomfortable after such a long use. I have been searching for a good pair for myself and I myself prefer comfortable ones.

I think Linus covered a video related to this somewhere. Can't find it though.

However I came across this >>>>> http://www.techtyche.com/best-gaming-headphones-reviews/

I found it quite useful.

I wonder what kind of headphones Dennis uses...

3 minutes ago, Syed Mustafa Ahmed said:

However I came across this >>>>> http://www.techtyche.com/best-gaming-headphones-reviews/

holy shit that list is pure BS. Turtle beach sound quality = high LOL and I can shoot laser beams out of my eyes.

That list is made by some person that has zero idea about audio and have basically only ever used gaming headsets.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

OP will open headphones work or is closed a must?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

holy shit that list is pure BS. Turtle beach sound quality = high LOL and I can shoot laser beams out of my eyes.

That list is made by some person that has zero idea about audio and have basically only ever used gaming headsets.

Not to mention that according to that article, the Sennheiser HD598 SE has "high" noise cancellation, which is funny seeing as it's an open back headphone.

Oh, and apparently there is a headphone that's just "audio technica" they don't actually list a model at all.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

25 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Not to mention that according to that article, the Sennheiser HD598 SE has "high" noise cancellation, which is funny seeing as it's an open back headphone.

Oh, and apparently there is a headphone that's just "audio technica" they don't actually list a model at all.

yeah that website is just pure BS. I mean what would the HD650 be if the 598se are super high audio quality? Are we talking legendary high audio quality?

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

OP will open headphones work or is closed a must?

Never tried open back headphones/headsets, but isolation is not that important,so i could use open back ones

1 hour ago, Syed Mustafa Ahmed said:

hazen10

What would you recommend to someone?

Best for gaming....

Could use that advice.

Maybe the senheiser gsp 300, they seem to be pretty nice for its 99 dollars price

11 hours ago, nicobombai said:

Headset - HyperX cloud 1 or core if you don't need the accessories.

They sound exactly the same with differences in the accesories.

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558/Philips SHP9500 + vmoda boompro

And what about the cloud 2?

11 minutes ago, hazen10 said:

Never tried open back headphones/headsets, but isolation is not that important,so i could use open back ones

Do you have any preference in audio signature? Like more bass, mids treble, mix?

18 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Do you have any preference in audio signature? Like more bass, mids treble, mix?

3 minutes ago, hazen10 said:

hmmm the DT 990 and K553 comes to my mind. The DT 990 are open with a decent soundstage and bass and treble boost, but the treble can be a bit too much for some people, the K553 has a very big soundstage for closed headphones and a nice bass and treble boost, while still being more balanced than the DT990

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Thanks a lot, ill check them out and see if i can find them here, thanks!

2 hours ago, hazen10 said:

Thanks a lot, ill check them out and see if i can find them here, thanks!

One question about the Beyerdynamics, Which version would you recommend? 32 OHM, 250 OHM or 250 OHM Pro? They look really nice

7 hours ago, hazen10 said:

And what about the cloud 2?

They are exactly the same, waste of extra cash if you ask me.

4 hours ago, hazen10 said:

What about the senheiser Game Zero or Game One?

Game series are HD518 + boom mic, not really worthed if its near the dt990. As Dackzy mentioned, dt990 is a great choice. I would go for 250 ohms pro. Should be fine with nowadays mobos.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

14 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

They are exactly the same, waste of extra cash if you ask me.

Game series are HD518 + boom mic, not really worthed if its near the dt990. As Dackzy mentioned, dt990 is a great choice. I would go for 250 ohms pro. Should be fine with nowadays mobos.

I thoughta about picking the dt990s and a modmic, costing 225 dollars, what do you think? Or maybe with a V-moda boompro?

1 hour ago, hazen10 said:

I thoughta about picking the dt990s and a modmic, costing 225 dollars, what do you think? Or maybe with a V-moda boompro?

Cant use the boom pro unless or until you do a detachable 3.5 mm mod.

Modmic should be fine. Good combo :)

5 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

Cant use the boom pro unless or until you do a detachable 3.5 mm mod.

Modmic should be fine. Good combo :)

Yes, you're right, the dt990s dont have a detachable cable, thanks!

2 minutes ago, hazen10 said:

Yes, you're right, the dt990s dont have a detachable cable, thanks!

Dackzy deserves the best answer btw, he basically gave the right answer :P

21 hours ago, Dackzy said:

yeah that website is just pure BS. I mean what would the HD650 be if the 598se are super high audio quality? Are we talking legendary high audio quality?

what would they be? i guess they would have purple text over them in your inventory - every MMORPG player knows what that means

GEtSqmN.jpg