unreleased intel i7

Hello I recently saw a youtube video made by tech city called the 100 dollar skylake i7 where he talks about a unreleased processor which is called the QHQG and I was wondering If this would be a worthy buy for a new gaming build or would It be a risky and bad Idea I dont know as there is little to no info about these processors and their compatability with different motherboards and different graphics cards 

@nerdslayer1

oh i thought they were regular i7 processors  with different badges If this is the case I will most likely go with ryzen

please avoid it. it's an intel engineering sample CPU - illegal to resell. they could be unstable, broken, dead, etc, and you can only use specific motherboards.

best off getting a 6700 locked and a cheap board instead

idk

1 minute ago, hellochicken said:

@nerdslayer1

oh i thought they were regular i7 processors  with different badges If this is the case I will most likely go with ryzen

yup that's the best idea, just remember if something is too good to be true it is. samples are cheap engineering units meant to be used for a short time. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yup that's the best idea, just remember if something is too good to be true it is. samples are cheap engineering units meant to be used for a short time. 

just some information - these processors were given to OEMs, motherboard manufacturers, etc in bulk and then stolen by disgruntled employees or shipped to fraudulent companies. buying one is supporting fraud up the supply chain. 

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

just some information - these processors were given to OEMs, motherboard manufacturers, etc in bulk and then stolen by disgruntled employees or shipped to fraudulent companies. buying one is supporting fraud up the supply chain. 

yup i know and it sucks for everyone, engineers and employees lose jobs over this, its a moral gray area if you do buy it. 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yup i know and it sucks for everyone, engineers and employees lose jobs over this, its a moral gray area if you do buy it. 

Well moral grey yes, no issues legally in good old land of oz

More fucking around than its worth for the money saved I'd say

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

2 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Well moral grey yes, no issues legally in good old land of oz

More fucking around than its worth for the money saved I'd say

With some of the xeon es's it's a good value with some stablity issues.. but mainstream ES is a waste of time due to bad board compatiblity

idk