"Scan lines" on VGA Monitor

aneil1998

As the title says, I've been seeing these lines for a while but never really took it on as i never paid enough attention to it. Only today it started to occur to me that this is annoying AF. So i decided to try the monitor on a laptop I had lying around that has native VGA support and suprise, the issue is not there. Switched back to my desktop and its there. My GPU is this- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127756

I have to use a DVI-I to VGA adapter that was provided for VGA and i have no other monitor to test it with nor do i have any other GPU's to test it with and my monitor only has VGA(I got it free from where my mother works).

My question I would like to ask is if anyone has ever had this issue and what your solution to it and what could be my issue. 

Edit: It's alot easier to see the lines on dark colors

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

17 minutes ago, aneil1998 said:

As the title says, I've been seeing these lines for a while but never really took it on as i never paid enough attention to it. Only today it started to occur to me that this is annoying AF. So i decided to try the monitor on a laptop I had lying around that has native VGA support and suprise, the issue is not there. Switched back to my desktop and its there. My GPU is this- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127756

I have to use a DVI-I to VGA adapter that was provided for VGA and i have no other monitor to test it with nor do i have any other GPU's to test it with and my monitor only has VGA(I got it free from where my mother works).

My question I would like to ask is if anyone has ever had this issue and what your solution to it and what could be my issue. 

Edit: It's alot easier to see the lines on dark colors

Might just be a bad VGA cable or adapter on my desktop I keep in my room that I used a VGA cable and a DVI to VGA I get some not too noticable but still there wavy lines on the display when there's a dark image on the screen and I know it's from the cable since if I jitter the cable a bit the lines go away and come back