PewDiePie

jeffmeyer5295

Hey guys,

So this topic is beaten to death all over the place but I am just curious what other people ACTUALLY think about the guy? I used to hate his old videos of just annoyingly shouting at the camera and stuff like that, but at the end of the day, any one of us would be more than happy to do that for his kind of money, which is not what I want this topic to be about.

In recent months he has changed a bit in my opinion, he still kind of hits voice levels that I don't think are necessary and make it hard to sit through some of his content, even now. But it has gotten a lot better. He is currently the biggest YouTuber, being talked about everywhere, and I think he is handling it fairly well even with a lot of big news organizations doing everything they can to destroy him.

But overall a lot of his videos in my opinion are tolerable now, mostly the ones where he sits down and just talks about a specific topic.

What are your thoughts?

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

PewDiePie is a good guy. I don't like a majority of his content but I love him no homo. I'm glad he was blessed with the success that he was because he seems deserving of it.

I used to dismiss him as a clown. I watched a couple of the new Resident Evil 7 videos because they seemed interesting. Then some other recent videos. They were all enjoyable... I subbed.

Now he's actually one of my favorites lol. I still don't want to watch the old videos, but the new, more mature and honest Felix is a good guy in my opinion. I really hate the recent events that happened. I'm still closely following what's going to happen.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

10 minutes ago, Tam3n said:

-Snip-

I feel the exact same way, the guy has improved a lot and I would say maybe matured(?). I look forward to his new videos, however some of them I still can't watch xD

14 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

PewDiePie is a good guy. I don't like a majority of his content but I love him no homo. I'm glad he was blessed with the success that he was because he seems deserving of it.

I agree, he seems like a good guy and has good intentions, even if he crosses the line at times(which I have never felt offended by his videos, but I am not Jewish, soo... XD) I do think he is growing into his name/channel now and is making good changes in his content. I am curious to see where he ends up.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

I may not necessarily like him, but he really doesn't deserve what's happening to him at all. I appreciate that he apologized for the whole misunderstanding, although I didn't take any offense from the so-called "racist" videos, but yeah. I honestly smell a lawsuit coming since this is clearly slander. As for the Disney thing, I fully understand why they dropped him, and there's not much he can do.

Nothing.

4 minutes ago, TheSuspect said:

I may not necessarily like him, but he really doesn't deserve what's happening to him at all. I appreciate that he apologized for the whole misunderstanding, although I didn't take any offense from the so-called "racist" videos, but yeah. I honestly smell a lawsuit coming since this is clearly slander. As for the Disney thing, I fully understand why they dropped him, and there's not much he can do.

There is a small part of me that hopes a lawsuit is the outcome of this, I feel like it would be very interesting to see what a YouTube giant like PewDiePie could do to a company like that for misusing his content to try and dethrone him so to speak.

I as well can see why Disney and Google would drop him, it is bad press and totally makes sense, but if anything I think it not only helps his case if there ever is a lawsuit(lost income and what not) but I also think it could turn out to be a good thing, Phillip Defranco put it best, he's a free agent with the biggest audience on YouTube.

I can't stand his let's play/gaming stuff. His more recent, general shitposting content however....meh. I mean he has genuine entertaining moments and has gotten more than a few chuckles out of me but he's still not my cup of tea on that area either. I've seen worst though I can understand the appeal.

-------

Current Rig

-------

17 hours ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

There is a small part of me that hopes a lawsuit is the outcome of this, I feel like it would be very interesting to see what a YouTube giant like PewDiePie could do to a company like that for misusing his content to try and dethrone him so to speak.

I have no love or hate for the guy, but i would like to see a lawsuit come out of this as well.

Media outlets have gotten a free pass to print/report whatever they want with little to no consequences when they are wrong.  

To quote Malcolm X 
“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”

He's a great guy, but makes terrible choices for combat. His taste of comedy goes over the line, don't you think?

Did you see his little Nazi-related video where he dresses up as a Nazi soldier, hailing to Hitler?

3 minutes ago, AniJan said:

Did you see Nazi-related video where he dresses up as a Nazi soldier, hailing to Hitler?

Satire is satire mate. 

4 minutes ago, Thunderpup said:

Satire is satire mate. 

However, other's don't recognize it that way.

PewDiePie has over 50 million subscribers, so don't you think there's some sort of responsibility he has? 

While others may think of it as a joke, not everyone will interpret it in the same way.

13 minutes ago, AniJan said:

PewDiePie has over 50 million subscribers, so don't you think there's some sort of responsibility he has? 

While others may think of it as a joke, not everyone will interpret it in the same way.

I haven't watched the video, but it doesn't matter.

Satire is still satire. 

You cannot be held responsible for the manner in which others perceive you, as those perceptions are based on those peoples own thought processes. 

I dont like his content but hes a good person IMO

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

i honestly hate his old content, the shouting and the terrible fake reactions to everything was good for young kids(i guesse), but in the last year orso he started making content that wasn't beeing loud for the reason of beeing loud and isnt to bad imo.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:27 AM, AniJan said:

I think that statement is whats wrong with a lot of the things going on right now. You are saying that what PewDiePie did was wrong just because of the size of his following? I just don't get that. I agree, some of his jokes are a bit insensitive but that's no reason for him to have to start censoring himself when he is doing what he loves. Most of the hate that gets thrown around towards that guy is just misguided jealousy, every says "I hate him because[insert random complaint here]" when at the end of the day, if you were getting paid that much cash, to do something you love and not give a fuck what others have to say, you would do it too.