6-core Ryzen 5 1600X Benchmarks shows to be 50% faster then Core i5 7600K

i_build_nanosuits
12 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Day theme?!   What is wrong with you?   Already gone blind because of googles "outshine the sun theme"  on all their services?

*psst* Blackle is a thing.

14 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Day theme?!   What is wrong with you?

my screen is glossy , idlike to not see nothjing but my face and dust all day 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

11 hours ago, techstorm970 said:

Guru3D...

and reddit , and wccftech , dude they are all over the place , i saw the first on r/AyyMD ffs 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

11 hours ago, cj09beira said:

we will see, but if i am buying something, it will probably be ryzen just to support amd and do my part in increasing market-share, we need these companies at 50-50,

although i will probably only do that near October.

This thought should never be on your mind as a consumer. It's not your job to support a company or promote healthy competition. It's the companies job to earn your money by offering a competitive product/service at a competitive price. If Ryzen launches, and the product turns out to be lackluster, you shouldn't buy it just because you think it's the morally responsible thing to do. If anything, you are only letting a company know it's okay to release sub-par products, and that they will get your money anyways.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

still nobody posted a CPU-Z benchmark score of a stock core i5-7600K with boost (stock settings) to compare with the arcticle claim of +50% faster

i will add your screenshot to the original post for comparison, just do it!...someone :)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Wait a second.... Does CPU-Z support Ryzen CPUs? :dry:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

18 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Even then, a CPU would idle at around 0.7-1V, not 0.3...

18 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

what makes you say that? my haswell CPU idle at 0.71v but that does not mean zen couldnt idle even lower...that's proof of efficiency...zen is on a smaller manufacturing process and it's more power efficient than haswell, i wouldn't be surprised at all to see it idle as low as 0.35v... :)

18 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Well, I guess it's possible, but it just seems too low..

Think I said already in this thread but my 4930k idles at 0.5V, Zen could easily idle as low as being shown. Doesn't mean anything been showing is any more valid because of this.

2 hours ago, MageTank said:

This thought should never be on your mind as a consumer. It's not your job to support a company or promote healthy competition. It's the companies job to earn your money by offering a competitive product/service at a competitive price. If Ryzen launches, and the product turns out to be lackluster, you shouldn't buy it just because you think it's the morally responsible thing to do. If anything, you are only letting a company know it's okay to release sub-par products, and that they will get your money anyways.

i know it shouldn't be our problem, but if we don't have amd, we will have a big problem,

the way i work is, if the perf and price are close enough i will get the product from the company that needs a comeback, i wouldn't by a 9590 for example, but if its close, why not

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

i know it shouldn't be our problem, but if we don't have amd, we will have a big problem,

the way i work is, if the perf and price are close enough i will get the product from the company that needs a comeback, i wouldn't by a 9590 for example, but if its close, why not

Not really. Someone will take their place, I assure you. Deals will be made by someone, and competition will eventually take place again. AMD still has something Intel wants, and they know it. You shouldn't buy something from a company out of pity, or out of a sense of righteousness that you must sacrifice in order to save others. Others certainly won't feel that way, and your contribution won't make enough of a difference to save them if their product is indeed inferior.

AMD got themselves into this situation, they can certainly get themselves out of it. I have faith that they will do so, but my faith is not of the blind variety. In order for them to earn my money, they must succeed in offering a competitive product at a competitive price. If they can do that, then they will be fine. 

19 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Finally, a CPU-z screenshot that isn't actually fake. I say it isn't because the core voltage isn't being read correctly :P Now, if the pricing is true, Intel should retaliate with a 7 core, 14 thread CPU on 1152 or whatever their next socket is.

Eight cores might be better, particularly from an engineering perspective. Any numbers where you have nothing easily divisible(for example, you can't break down 7 any further without getting decimals) is just annoying.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

26 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Think I said already in this thread but my 4930k idles at 0.5V, Zen could easily idle as low as being shown. Doesn't mean anything been showing is any more valid because of this.

That's true, but the likelihood of it maintaining it's base clock, let alone boost (it's base is 3.3, it's boosting to 3.4) while also holding an idle power vCore, seems very unlikely. I still say take this image with a grain of salt though, as we can't ever really know until the product is in the hands of reviewers. 

26 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Not really. Someone will take their place, I assure you. Deals will be made by someone, and competition will eventually take place again. AMD still has something Intel wants, and they know it. You shouldn't buy something from a company out of pity, or out of a sense of righteousness that you must sacrifice in order to save others. Others certainly won't feel that way, and your contribution won't make enough of a difference to save them if their product is indeed inferior.

AMD got themselves into this situation, they can certainly get themselves out of it. I have faith that they will do so, but my faith is not of the blind variety. In order for them to earn my money, they must succeed in offering a competitive product at a competitive price. If they can do that, then they will be fine. 

thats why i said if it Close, Like 480 vs 1060, i am not going to buy shit just because.

30 minutes ago, MageTank said:

That's true, but the likelihood of it maintaining it's base clock, let alone boost (it's base is 3.3, it's boosting to 3.4) while also holding an idle power vCore, seems very unlikely. I still say take this image with a grain of salt though, as we can't ever really know until the product is in the hands of reviewers. 

True that, don't really believe 0.374V at 12% utilization. However vcore can be low even at higher GHz.

Spoiler

HFAuYU.jpg

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

True that, don't really believe 0.374V at 12% utilization. However vcore can be low even at higher GHz.

Then there is me: Delidded, undervolted, and extremely tame LLC just because 6700k + ITX, lol. 1.12v is what I hit under 48k FFT Prime95. 

2 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Then there is me: Delidded, undervolted, and extremely tame LLC just because 6700k + ITX, lol. 1.12v is what I hit under 48k FFT Prime95. 

Managed to spot it even lower, btw I'm actually running higher than stock voltage lol.

Spoiler

6J9tCg.jpg

@MageTank

Ok something is just broken with CPU-Z, it's actually showing half the vcore voltage it actually is. Got suspicious when I Prime95 tested and only got 0.616V, AIDA shows 1.232V. Maybe it's the same here with that Ryzen, maybe it's actually 0.748V.

Edit:

Updated to 1.78.3 and it now shows correctly.

Well even with leaks and these tests looks rather good, just need to see actual retail unit reviews and benchmarks which are close. But, OC will be very interesting. 
If Ryzen chips can OC like FX ones that will be amazing.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

20 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

do it again with a CPU-Z screen shot 

photo_2017-02-18_20-07-30.jpg

PSU Tier list

21 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Problem is that it's not aligned properly, so it's easy to see it's fake :P

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Notional said:

Problem is that it's not aligned properly, so it's easy to see it's fake :P

i could invest 2 more minutes to fix that , but you get the idea 

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, Space Reptile said:

i could invest 2 more minutes to fix that , but you get the idea 

Yup, not difficult to do.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

PSU Tier list

On 17/02/2017 at 3:47 PM, Himommies said:

I'm going broke in march.Switch+Ryzen

Just wait for the switch, it's gonna have 4 games at release

1 hour ago, Space Reptile said:

*snip*

The codename suggests it's a 65W part, but the frequencies match the rumoured 1600X... interesting.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds