Adjusting my monitor settings (iiyama xb2483hsu)

Hello,

I'd like to have a really true color display which is safe to eyes. I don't know how to set my monitor properly. When I set the brightness or contrast to highest it's too bright. but when I set it to some recommended values I've found on the internet, it seems really dark to me. I've even tried those sites which are supposed to help me to calibrate my screen, but I couldn't see any difference... Do you guys have any suggestions on what to do?

CPU i5-4460, Motherboard MSI Z97 GAMING 3, RAM 16 GB HyperX Fury Blue, GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING, Case CONNECT IT Battle Case, Storage 1TB HDD, PSU S12II-520, Monitor iiyama ProLite X2483HSU-B2, Cooling SilentiumPC Fera 2, OS Windows 7 Professional

Every display is different (including two exact models). Don't expect settings that worked for someone else work for you as well (my two dells, despite being the same, dont match up when using the same exact settings). If you really want colors to be as accurate as possible, get yourself a color calibrator.  

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Press Win+R and type dccw. That is the best way to get brightness levels for your enviroment.

The brightness varies a lot from person to person.

If you want the most accurate colors on your existing monitor you might want to pick up a colour calibrator

You can also try finding a place where you can borrow one as they are pretty pricey.

You might want to invest in a color accurate monitor if you're getting really serious about content creation.

28 minutes ago, Mantix said:

Press Win+R and type dccw. That is the best way to get brightness levels for your enviroment.

The brightness varies a lot from person to person.

If you want the most accurate colors on your existing monitor you might want to pick up a colour calibrator

You can also try finding a place where you can borrow one as they are pretty pricey.

You might want to invest in a color accurate monitor if you're getting really serious about content creation.

Yeah I've tried to use that windows calibration tool, but as the monitor can be set wrong, those examples are also wrong because of it, right? 

The main reason why I want to calibrate my monitor the best way possible are my eyes, because I sit in front of my computer for lots of hours and that can be really hard for them. I've tried to use the default settings of my monitor, but I was able to use it that way only for about 30 minutes and then my eyes felt horrible... 

CPU i5-4460, Motherboard MSI Z97 GAMING 3, RAM 16 GB HyperX Fury Blue, GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING, Case CONNECT IT Battle Case, Storage 1TB HDD, PSU S12II-520, Monitor iiyama ProLite X2483HSU-B2, Cooling SilentiumPC Fera 2, OS Windows 7 Professional

1 minute ago, tomaaspetrus said:

Yeah I've tried to use that windows calibration tool, but as the monitor can be set wrong, those examples are also wrong because of it, right? 

The main reason why I want to calibrate my monitor the best way possible are my eyes, because I sit in front of my computer for lots of hours and that can be really hard for them. I've tried to use the default settings of my monitor, but I was able to use it that way only for about 30 minutes and then my eyes horrible... 

Ahh, so it's about eye strain, you might have really sensitive eyes. This usually has to do with the quality of the monitor and its features.

If you want a cheap solution that doesn't look too great pick up a pair of Gunnar optics. They look silly but really help.

If you really don't like the way they look you can pick up a monitor that has the highest refresh rate possible (75Hz is preferred) also find some anti-blue light technology. This is always named differently by companies so I'm sorry I can't offer you any set name. 

Here are some other free/cheap things you can do to avoid eye strain, blink frequently, add a normal light not too far away from your PC (just not shining on your PC). 

Hope this helps!

1 minute ago, Mantix said:

Ahh, so it's about eye strain, you might have really sensitive eyes. This usually has to do with the quality of the monitor and its features.

If you want a cheap solution that doesn't look too great pick up a pair of Gunnar optics. They look silly but really help.

If you really don't like the way they look you can pick up a monitor that has the highest refresh rate possible (75Hz is preferred) also find some anti-blue light technology. This is always named differently by companies so I'm sorry I can't offer you any set name. 

Here are some other free/cheap things you can do to avoid eye strain, blink frequently, add a normal light not too far away from your PC (just not shining on your PC). 

Hope this helps!

There is actually a called DEV1S here in my country - they make really good looking glasses for gamers, so maybe I'll look for one of their prodicts.

And yeah the monitor, my monitor should have those low blue light, flicker free technologies and I use it all the time! :D 

1 minute ago, tomaaspetrus said:

There is actually a called DEV1S here in my country - they make really good looking glasses for gamers, so maybe I'll look for one of their prodicts.

And yeah the monitor, my monitor should have those low blue light, flicker free technologies and I use it all the time! :D 

Most LCD's have flicker-free technology, don't buy into the marketing scheme there! :P 

7 minutes ago, Mantix said:

Most LCD's have flicker-free technology, don't buy into the marketing scheme there! :P 

yeah I know that most of them have it, but I read somewhere, that flicker free is good for eye strain prevention :D