Alternative fittings for custom loop

I used ek's custom loop configurator and it recommends 

Ek-ACF Fitting 10/13mm - Black fittings. I was just wondering if there where cheaper fitting for around the same quality or better fittings for about the same price.

CASE: deepcool dukase v2 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte gaming 3 CPU: intel core i5 6500 GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming CPU COOLER: enermax liqmax II 120s SSD: Kingston ssdnow uv400 240gb RAM: crucial ballistic sport (1 x 8) PSU: Cooler Master GX 650W

If you are planning to go custom WC, don't cheap out on anything.

Do it properly or don't do it at all :P

EK might be a bit expensive but they are solid AF.

Maybe bitfenix bitspower has some good fittings, they are also very good :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Maybe bitfenix has some good fittings, they are also very good :P

Bitfenix makes fittings?

CASE: deepcool dukase v2 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte gaming 3 CPU: intel core i5 6500 GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming CPU COOLER: enermax liqmax II 120s SSD: Kingston ssdnow uv400 240gb RAM: crucial ballistic sport (1 x 8) PSU: Cooler Master GX 650W

10 minutes ago, creepybob said:

Bitfenix makes fittings?

Oh, it's bitspower, my bad xD

Messed up their names.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Ok

1 hour ago, samcool55 said:

What he said. Listen to him, or don't... and regret it. ;)

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

4 hours ago, creepybob said:

I used ek's custom loop configurator and it recommends 

Ek-ACF Fitting 10/13mm - Black fittings. I was just wondering if there where cheaper fitting for around the same quality or better fittings for about the same price.

Barrow, The same build quality of Bitspower but half the price.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Or use some barb fitting. Cant really cheap out on them as there isn't anything to go wrong.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

In the beginning there were barbed fittings, than man wanted a more secure, safe and better looking fittings.

The PC water cooling God delivered the Compression Fitting in a variety of styles and colors.

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel

15 hours ago, samcool55 said:

I cheaped out on everything lol! Got 630$ worth of stuff for 340$

I posted this in

This was for,

2x Swifttech MCP240 280mm Quiet Power Radiator (Copper) - New

1x EWKB EX240mm Radiator (Copper) - Used on Amazon but turned out to be new

1x GPU Block - Used

1x EWKB Nickel Plated Supremacy (Copper) - Used on eBay

1x Swiftech MCR655 Pump (w/ 1-5 speed)

13x Fittings - New

1x Y Splitter - New

1x Ball Valve - New

1x Chinese Reservoir because blew budget on the MCP35x reservoir that only fits with MCP35x or MCP50x pump - New

2x SP140 Fan, took 3 fans from AIOs and also a fan from the case. I know I'm using 1 airflow fan for the radiator but it's fine for now. better than nothing. - New

1x Primochill LRT 10 feet - New

= 340$ not including price of the thrown away reservoir.

I looked around, if I bought them all MSRP retail priced from pc-performance like you did it would be

65$+65$ 2x 280mm Rad

50$ 1x 240mm Rad

140$ 1x GPU Block

78$ 1x CPU Block

75$ 1x Pump

97.5$ 13x Fittings (considered your 6x for 45$, so 7.5 each)

10$ 1x Y Splitter

10$ 1x Ball Valve

16$ 1x Chinese Square Reservoir

28$ 2x SP140

---This total would end up being 634.5$ without tax or shipping costs. But I got it all for 340$ with tax and shipping all included.

13 hours ago, atomicus said:

What he said. Listen to him, or don't... and regret it. ;)

I mean, I've gotten away with it for years now.

Koolance barb fittings with home depot tubing and zip ties rather than hose clamps.  Custom res with JB Welded barbs.  Not pretty.  Cools well.  Never leaked a drop.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

16 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Barrow, The same build quality of Bitspower but half the price.

https://modmymods.com/barrow-g1-4-thread-3-8-id-x-5-8-od-compression-fitting-black-thkn-3-8-v3.html

would that work?

4 hours ago, creepybob said:

EK fitting you list is for 3/8'' - 1/2'' tubing. If you don't have the tubing yet, you can switch to 3/8 x 5/8 tubing. Then yes these would work. Plus 3/8 x 5/8 is one most used sized when it comes to soft tubing.

1 hour ago, Revan654 said:

EK fitting you list is for 3/8'' - 1/2'' tubing. If you don't have the tubing yet, you can switch to 3/8 x 5/8 tubing. Then yes these would work. Plus 3/8 x 5/8 is one most used sized when it comes to soft tubing.

But what if I already bought a res? I have the xspc tank 3 as a res.

25 minutes ago, creepybob said:

But what if I already bought a res? I have the xspc tank 3 as a res.

3JqqIlj.jpg

The res is just threaded with G 1/4 (Every res are exactly the same). Just about 98% of all fittings are threaded with G 1/4 on the one side. The other side is the compression side which is important side, it will determine what size of tubing can be placed over the barb and then be sealed with the compression.

Hope I explained this well enough for you to understand.

3 hours ago, Revan654 said:

3JqqIlj.jpg

The res is just threaded with G 1/4 (Every res are exactly the same). Just about 98% of all fittings are threaded with G 1/4 on the one side. The other side is the compression side which is important side, it will determine what size of tubing can be placed over the barb and then be sealed with the compression.

Hope I explained this well enough for you to understand.

Thanks, I understand everything now.

Buy a little plexi and make your own manifolds, Y's and T's.

mani01.png

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel