Windows Dual Audio Split?

Mitizaro

SO far i have to thank to EVERYONE who have offered their opinions and replies! Thank you people! I might not agree 100% with all, but i appreciate EVERY reply! Great forum!

I want to ask something. As i've posted a thread, we will be getting a budget Gaming PC to do some light video editing, photo editing, fitness software and music (spotify) usage at the reception.

HOWEVER i forgot about something.

Is it possible to make that the output of the audio with Spotify is ONE output...
and then have another one dedicated to the windows usage, like vieweing the videos and overall sounds that DO NOT affect the first output? (the second one on headphones)
Like sorta "Sound multi-tasking" or multiple virtual "sound realities".

We will be using external sound card like ASUS U5/U7 if that helps.

I dont even know how to "formulate" this scenario in order to google it,

But i bet if SOMEONE can think of solution, its the LTT forums!

Thank you!

Software can use any sound device on the PC, not just the default one, but the app has to have the option to select.  So it'll all depend on how you are running Spotify.

Usually it's a software setting. 

Aparently Spotify doesnt have a native "select output device" so a workaround was created here 

https://github.com/audiorouterdev/audio-router (audio changing software)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I also noticed the ability to CHOOSE an audio SOURCE if you have more than one sound card.

If i get the Xonar U7 and connect via USB, can i assign it only for spotify, and then use my native sound card for the rest, or is that part of the "audio capability of Spotify" that you guys say it misses?

That's part of that audio capability it's missing

You're no the only one groaning, reading that sentence. When I looked this up the internet is full of upset people who cant route their spotify sound natively through the program to a specific source. Most people have suggested the method above, so thats what I linked. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25