RyZen 1700X Pricing Confirmed - Frys Electronics (and call in to CS)

goodtofufriday
17 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

Yeah, I shudder a bit too, lol. This could be a turning point for them. Who knows?

From what I recall their Racing motherboards of the Z170 kind were actually pretty good for what they were.

I won't blame skepticism, but I think Biostar is pulling an Andyson here and making a comeback but not in a big way.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

12 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

Yeah, I shudder a bit too, lol. This could be a turning point for them. Who knows?

I always like to think "lower tier" brands will excel...but they've been around forever and haven't really made huge strides.

I think they're happy with their OEM stuff. Like on their top tier Z270 boards, only 5 USB ports, and it just has an unfinished look I/O wise. Their boards look mid range, but I must say better than years prior. Biostar was the first company I saw actually make a CPU perform noticeably worse with their motherboard.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, MageTank said:

My hope is, AMD will bring DTX back. A Zen DTX X370 board would absolutely smash any current performance:cubic inch record. 16 threads AND multi-GPU setups? Yeah, sign me up, lol. 

I feel like you're trying to make a computer that'll fit under my Dakota's hood. I'm just going to say, you'll need to go significantly smaller than 4L, or have a weird ass case.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

I feel like you're trying to make a computer that'll fit under my Dakota's hood. I'm just going to say, you'll need to go significantly smaller than 4L, or have a weird ass case.

I actually had a design in mind for a DTX board that could support SLI while still being only 8L in size. Sadly, I could never find the right board for it. Asrock was working on that MXM Z170 board, so I suppose there is still hope for that. Time to contact some friends and get some custom heatsinks made, I want to fulfill your sub-4L fantasies. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

5 minutes ago, MageTank said:

I actually had a design in mind for a DTX board that could support SLI while still being only 8L in size. Sadly, I could never find the right board for it. Asrock was working on that MXM Z170 board, so I suppose there is still hope for that. Time to contact some friends and get some custom heatsinks made, I want to fulfill your sub-4L fantasies. 

Unless you can seriously fit a powerful computer in under the hood of a 2000 Dakota SLT with a 5.7L V8 Magnum, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Although, that Dakota is seriously powerful given how small it looks until you put it next to a 2009 Tundra.

But I would like to have a Ryzen system incorporated in one of my trucks, and the Zen logo painted on the doors or hood.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

11 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

-shutters- Dont associate me with that guy. Dude tried to argue me that making water a human right meant we could legally eat humans for the water in their bodies...

Anyone can call in and ask about the PLU code too, unlike patrick who only ever sourced places that couldnt be confirmed or had a paywall. 

i cant wait either =[ hype train and all

@MoonSpot i didn't, never ordered from them so i didnt even know if I could with them. And a normal customer shouldn't have a PLU code either way. Plus I want a 1800x. 

Was tempted to ask about other products, but didn't want to push my luck or get that rep in trouble.

Are you talking about patrickjp? What happened, what have I missed while I was inactive on the forum? I have seen a lot of hate towards him recently hahaha

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

6 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

I agree - when I think of cheap, I think specifically of Biostar & ECS. Wait, you mean that the motherboard lowered performance? Is that even possible?

It is indeed. I can't remember what comparison I was looking at but it had a Biostar board in the group. It was a solid 10fps (if not more, it's been a bit) below the other boards. While generally there isn't a huge difference, there is variations in performance board to board. It's just usually within a few FPS so it's not worth noting.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

I'd love a link if you have it. That seems very odd to say the least.

I took a quick look but didn't find it. It's part of a comparison review, and it wasn't one of the featured boards it was just in their database list. It also wasn't something I searched it was just a link I clicked here for another board.

There is this, which in the top tier boards shows that it can have up to a 5fps variation.

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/asus_rog_z270_maximus_ix_code_and_formula_review_comparison/18

However since these are top end boards it's less likely to happen.

It's also a little odd that it only happens on some titles. But I remember the Biostar being behind in all of them which is why I thought it particularly odd.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

3 hours ago, FakezZ said:

Are you talking about patrickjp? What happened, what have I missed while I was inactive on the forum? I have seen a lot of hate towards him recently hahaha

Got a temp ban. Day it was lifted went full throttle in the amd threads.  Permabanned now. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

6 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Got a temp ban. Day it was lifted went full throttle in the amd threads.  Permabanned now. 

Omg hahahahaha I expected nothing less from him xD

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

19 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Either way, it's verifiable information. Sorry that you're wrong and don't want to be.

Excuse me? I am not wrong, I promise on my life I called Fryes customer service and got the guy to tell me what the product was and asked him to repeat the price several times to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding. I do not appreciate being called a liar.

Edit: Hell if you want I will record the call and post it here. I called them this morning as well and they told me am4 1700x 3.4-3.8ghz for $379.99. I live in Atlanta, so maybe the prices are different here. Idk what the deal is but I am not lying.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

On 2/18/2017 at 5:09 AM, goodtofufriday said:

Dude tried to argue me that making water a human right meant we could legally eat humans for the water in their bodies...

Well actually food and water is a human right, but as we all know human rights are broken all the time and not all countries are members of such UN resolutions. So really human rights have about as much credibility as these Ryzen leaks.

P.S. Confirmation can only come from official and sanctioned AMD releases, anything else isn't confirmed. Verifying a product stock code and it's price is only confirmation of that piece of information, doesn't confirm that is the pricing for the official product. Heck it could even be an intentional dummy record, it's what I'd do to protect that kind of information. Means you can call up all you like and confirm it but it's still wrong ;).

23 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Excuse me? I am not wrong, I promise on my life I called Fryes customer service and got the guy to tell me what the product was and asked him to repeat the price several times to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding. I do not appreciate being called a liar.

Edit: Hell if you want I will record the call and post it here. I called them this morning as well and they told me am4 1700x 3.4-3.8ghz for $379.99. I live in Atlanta, so maybe the prices are different here. Idk what the deal is but I am not lying.

Only quoted you for the other guy,  wasnt calling you wrong. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

On 2017-02-17 at 3:20 PM, MageTank said:

-snip-

Did you OC the CPU or just stock? how much worse was the C7?

Not bad about the PSU, though I'm surprised the warranty is so short.

I just saw a line up of all the big guys AMD boards. Sadly, no mITX. :| Which isn't a total loss. I'm likely stuck waiting for Vega as well anyway.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Did you OC the CPU or just stock? how much worse was the C7?

Not bad about the PSU, though I'm surprised the warranty is so short.

I just saw a line up of all the big guys AMD boards. Sadly, no mITX. :| Which isn't a total loss. I'm likely stuck waiting for Vega as well anyway.

CPU is stock (4.2ghz all-core boost). As for the C7, it's only slightly worse. 3C under load at best, with idle temps somehow being better (perhaps it's just how vapor chambers work). 

If I didn't absolutely need that extra 2mm of clearance, I'd rather use the C7. It's far quieter than the VC45 and looks better aesthetically speaking. Not to mention it's literally half the price and available in the US. I had to wait 2 weeks for my ID VC45 to ship from China.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.