RyZen 1700X Pricing Confirmed - Frys Electronics (and call in to CS)

goodtofufriday
36 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

how do we know you are telling the truth and not pulling a patrick or something like that. ;) 

I just love how he has his own...well that. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

4 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Lol yes. That guys was just beyond my comprehension at times is all.

Do you think that price difference is just VAT or taxes? in the US taxes would att about 35$ usd more to that price in most places.

well it was spotted costing just over 500$ in Sweden and that is with VAT and all that, but the 6800k also cost just over 500$ in Sweden.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I mean release is near and we all know prices approximately so whatever if they're off some. We'll get there soon.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

@goodtofufriday There will be at least 3 mITX AM4 boards at launch. Biostar, Gigabyte and MSI (I think) are making them.

Any confirmation on whether any of them will be X370? I'd love to see an mITX Ryzen board that can still OC. Might even switch my Intel platform to AMD for my upcoming 5L build if that's the case. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

Any confirmation on whether any of them will be X370? I'd love to see an mITX Ryzen board that can still OC. Might even switch my Intel platform to AMD for my upcoming 5L build if that's the case. 

I'm pretty sure one of the Biostar boards will be X370/X300.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Ok. So JUST for you, I called Fry's and stood on hold for 15 minutes. I provided the PLU code and they said the price was $389.99.

Good enough for you?

You're just as credible a source as the Reddit post. I could of course call them myself, but I'd honestly rather not dig into presumptive information at all, I'm fine waiting.

Though, something to note, is that the PLU is random and therefore you have no reason to assume it's for a Zen CPU unless they told you that when you called them.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

HYPE TRAIN!!!!

Edit: On hold now to verify the price.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Wrong!!! I got the guy to tell me it was for the 1700x 3.4-3.8gz processor am4. But HE SAID THE PRICE WAS 379.99. I even asked him to double check!!!!

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

4 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

ok. So JUST for you, I called Frys and stood on hold for 15 minutes. I provided the PLU code and they said the price was 389.99.

Good enough for you?

and @potoooooooo ^

You should have recorded the call with a notary and witness present, sent it to your country leader so he can give you a proper signature to confirm the legitimacy of it.

48 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

You should have recorded the call with a notary and witness present, sent it to your country leader so he can give you a proper signature to confirm the legitimacy of it.

I should have, as i guess it wasnt enough for him lol. some people cant be wrong here

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

2 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

You're just as credible a source as the Reddit post. I could of course call them myself, but I'd honestly rather not dig into presumptive information at all, I'm fine waiting.

Though, something to note, is that the PLU is random and therefore you have no reason to assume it's for a Zen CPU unless they told you that when you called them.

PLU codes are not random. PLU means price look up. That code, once assigned, doesnt change or get reused. That would be silly if it did. Then you have @Orangeator's comment as well.

2 hours ago, Orangeator said:

Wrong!!! I got the guy to tell me it was for the 1700x 3.4-3.8gz processor am4. But HE SAID THE PRICE WAS 379.99. I even asked him to double check!!!!

Either way, it's verifiable information. Sorry that you're wrong and don't want to be.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Hmmm hopefully that means the 65w chip is indeed $229. Bring on the mITX boards!

5 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

@goodtofufriday There will be at least 3 mITX AM4 boards at launch. Biostar, Gigabyte and MSI (I think) are making them.

I really hope there's more than that. Those were all A series boards IIRC.

Hopefully MSI puts out a really nice one. Gigabytes recent ITX boards have been castrated USB port wise.

4 hours ago, Dackzy said:

You do know that I meant it as a friendly jab right? :D 

I have seen the 1700x up on a Swedish site for the same as the 6800k cost in Sweden, which doesn't really match the MSRP of what frys says, since a 6800k has a MSRP of 435$, so that leaves a 45$ gap.

It is only 11 days more and then we will know for sure, so I personally don't see much of an point with these topics. (but they are fun to read)

Also no way in hell I am calling Frys, that would cost me a lot of money. xD 

Sweden might just have higher import fees. Could also be place holder pricing. Lots of things can change :P

14 days for the rest :|

3 hours ago, MageTank said:

What case are you using? I'm waiting for a case on HardForums to become available, and it's quite tiny as well.

It'd be X300, X370 is for the big boy boards.

2 hours ago, ONOTech said:

The platform for Ryzen mITX motherboards is X300 & A300. X300 can OC while A300 is business SFF.

I definitely know Biostar has X300s in their inventory. Not sure about the rest.

OP, your call only confirms a placeholder price. It's not indicative of an actual MSRP. Just wait until AMD unveils it themselves

*shudder* Biostar...

I hope that the other guys get their feet wet. It'd be foolish to only have a small sampling of ITX boards.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Sweden might just have higher import fees. Could also be place holder pricing. Lots of things can change :P

14 days for the rest :|

it is most like just a pricing holder. The import fees are also on the 6800k, that's why I wonder a bit, but I will happily pay 500$ if it is any good, it is only 70$ more than a 7700k, so yeah.

It might also just be a store that is expensive compared to other shops I dunno, since I am not a damn Swede.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

What case are you using? I'm waiting for a case on HardForums to become available, and it's quite tiny as well.

It'd be X300, X370 is for the big boy boards.

It's a custom chassis. At first, I was working to go sub-4L, trying to achieve the most performance per cubic inch. However, I was going about it all wrong, and a buddy of mine put me back on track. Instead of settling for 4L and be completely devoid of overclocking, I can go 5L, and actually grant myself the ability to OC my CPU. I'll be strapping a 180mm Silverstone AP182 to my 45mm vapor chamber, and that single fan will be more than enough to have positive air pressure throughout the entire case. It's static pressure is 3x that of the current fan on my heatsink, and it's CFM is almost 5x as much.

If you give me some time to work out the rough edges, I'll send you the sketchup model I am working on for it (right now it's made of wood, I want a company to fabricate it for me and I need a 3D model to do that).

Also, the case you are waiting on, is it the one iFreilicht designed? He's quite talented when it comes to ITX systems. 

8 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

it is most like just a pricing holder. The import fees are also on the 6800k, that's why I wonder a bit, but I will happily pay 500$ if it is any good, it is only 70$ more than a 7700k, so yeah.

It might also just be a store that is expensive compared to other shops I dunno, since I am not a damn Swede.

At first I was pretty surprised by the leak. Prices seemed too low. But, if you really think about it, their i5 equivalent is only $40ish less than Intels. So the pricing could just be that aggressive. AMD in the position where they can't ask close to Intels pricing. Thus, price lower, increase over the next year or two once they prove themselves. I see it as more of a marketshare grab than a profit grab, though the definitely need both.

It does help that they don't have to invest in their own fabs.

6 minutes ago, MageTank said:

-snip-

If you give me some time to work out the rough edges, I'll send you the sketchup model I am working on for it (right now it's made of wood, I want a company to fabricate it for me and I need a 3D model to do that).

Also, the case you are waiting on, is it the one iFreilicht designed? He's quite talented when it comes to ITX systems. 

Yeah for sure, are you planning to make it just for yourself or do a production run?

Your cooling sounds rather exotic. I'm just hoping that the AMD stock fans are enough to keep it nice and cool.

I've not heard of him, no. What's the name of the case he's working on? I'll look it up.

The one at the top of my list right now is the MI-6 by firewolfy. I was considering the mATX SFF case...Orthrus? It's quite a bit larger though and requires a Flex PSU which I'm not overly fond of having to mess around with.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Yeah for sure, are you planning to make it just for yourself or do a production run?

Your cooling sounds rather exotic. I'm just hoping that the AMD stock fans are enough to keep it nice and cool.

I've not heard of him, no. What's the name of the case he's working on? I'll look it up.

The one at the top of my list right now is the MI-6 by firewolfy. I was considering the mATX SFF case...Orthrus? It's quite a bit larger though and requires a Flex PSU which I'm not overly fond of having to mess around with.

Yeah, I planned on just making one for myself. I wouldn't mind sharing the 3d model with others that wanted to get one fabricated for their personal use, as long as they don't intend to sell the design as their own (that'd be pretty shady). As for the cooling solution, it's not that exotic. It's this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA59T2X80637 modified with one of these: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835220048&cm_re=silverstone_ap182-_-35-220-048-_-Product strapped to it. The AP182 is no joke, and will seriously force air out of every nook and cranny in an ITX case. Positive pressure to the max, lol.

As for iFreilicht, here is one of his models that I really liked:https://hardforum.com/threads/the-freilite-brevis-s-a-5l-case-with-internal-psu.1862045/

Am personally not a big fan of the HD Plex (I prefer my PSU's to be completely internal) but I can't argue with how sleek that design is. He also helped contribute to the Sentry case we recently saw. The man understands small cases, lol.

11 minutes ago, dizmo said:

At first I was pretty surprised by the leak. Prices seemed too low. But, if you really think about it, their i5 equivalent is only $40ish less than Intels. So the pricing could just be that aggressive. AMD in the position where they can't ask close to Intels pricing. Thus, price lower, increase over the next year or two once they prove themselves. I see it as more of a marketshare grab than a profit grab, though the definitely need both.

It does help that they don't have to invest in their own fabs.

It wasn't their aggresiveness that surprised me, it was more that the swedish store sells it for the same as a 6800k, when the MSRP of the 1700x is 45$ less, but then again I don't know if that is a expensive tech store compared to other tech stores or if it is just a place holder.

15 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Yeah, I planned on just making one for myself. I wouldn't mind sharing the 3d model with others that wanted to get one fabricated for their personal use, as long as they don't intend to sell the design as their own (that'd be pretty shady).

-snip-

As for iFreilicht, here is one of his models that I really liked:https://hardforum.com/threads/the-freilite-brevis-s-a-5l-case-with-internal-psu.1862045/

Am personally not a big fan of the HD Plex (I prefer my PSU's to be completely internal) but I can't argue with how sleek that design is. He also helped contribute to the Sentry case we recently saw. The man understands small cases, lol.

How did you find the cooling? From what I remember that cooler didn't perform particularily well compared to the Noctua offerings.

That's one slim case! Interesting, for sure. Though tbh I don't think I'd get one that's that thin and tall. Seems a little risky :P

Plus if I'm going that tall, I wouldn't mind making it a little fatter and getting the Orthrus.

What's your plan for PSU?

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, dizmo said:

How did you find the cooling? From what I remember that cooler didn't perform particularily well compared to the Noctua offerings.

That's one slim case! Interesting, for sure. Though tbh I don't think I'd get one that's that thin and tall. Seems a little risky :P

Plus if I'm going that tall, I wouldn't mind making it a little fatter and getting the Orthrus.

What's your plan for PSU?

The cooler does perfectly fine, but ID Cooling has some terrible QC issues. People have mentioned theirs being convex, concave, dented, etc. Mine has a dent on it as well, but luckily it's on the side and doesn't impact cooling at all. I've tried the Cryorig C7, and it actually performs slightly worse than this VC while being 2mm thicker, but I must admit, the Cryorig C7 is much quieter. 

As for PSU, I ordered this unit: http://www.wiredzone.com/supermicro-racks-kvm-chassis-power-server-power-supplies-500w-to-980w-pws-505p-1h-10025327 Along with one of these: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/22990/cab-1932/Premium_Bitcoin_Mining_18AWG_EPS_12V_8-Pin_TO_2x_PCI-E_62-Pin_Splitter_Cable.html?tl=g11c413s427

The Super Micro unit doesn't have any PCIE cables, but has dual EPS, each supporting 300w. Using a single EPS converter, I can safely convert into 2x 6+2 (150w per split cable). It's 12v rail is a single rail, and it's massive coming in at 41A. Plenty enough for a Titan XP if need be.

$389.99 is employee discount price. Retail price is $9,000.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, goodtofufriday said:

PLU codes are not random. PLU means price look up. That code, once assigned, doesnt change or get reused. That would be silly if it did. Then you have @Orangeator's comment as well.

... I meant the assignment is random. If the code were randomized between uses, it would be useless, that's obvious.

1 hour ago, goodtofufriday said:

Either way, it's verifiable information. Sorry that you're wrong and don't want to be.

How am I wrong? I'm not saying the information is inaccurate, I'm just saying that it's not confirmed unless it's officially released. I'm arguing semantics.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

48 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Snip

download (4).jpg

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

@MageTankI too hope for a nice ITX X370 board, but only if I decided to built a small system in one of the various compartments of my truck. I like my computers like I like my engines: big, powerful, and completely overpowered for the task at hand.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

@MageTankI too hope for a nice ITX X370 board, but only if I decided to built a small system in one of the various compartments of my truck. I like my computers like I like my engines: big, powerful, and completely overpowered for the task at hand.

My hope is, AMD will bring DTX back. A Zen DTX X370 board would absolutely smash any current performance:cubic inch record. 16 threads AND multi-GPU setups? Yeah, sign me up, lol.