Stage Theatre Recommendations?

GuyGalaxy

Hey all! 

I have been put in charge of finding a Projector for a Community Theatre, and I figured some of you all may have some insight. 

It will be "hung" from the ceiling, so it can be projected onto the back wall, without the actors being in the way. 

Nothing too fancy, just regular aspect ratio, 1920x1080, etc. 

Thank you guys and gals so much for any recommendations!!

It is going to be projected on a screen kind of like this: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/110-diy-screen-section/1677826-easy-ambient-light-rejecting-screen-paint.html

And it needs to be bright enough for people that are sitting about 160 ft away to be able to see. Also, it has to be kinda bright for it to not be affected by the staged lights. (They wont be pointed anywhere near the screen, so this should be too much of an issue, 

As far as price goes, we are on a bit of a budget. So if there are like, 3 options to choose from (One 'Budget', one 'Mid-end', and one 'Higher end, but not too crazy'), that would be great. But either way, it has to get the job done.

And as far as connections, VGA, DVI, or HDMI would do. Nothing fancy.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:10 AM, GuyGalaxy said:

Hey all! 

I have been put in charge of finding a Projector for a Community Theatre, and I figured some of you all may have some insight. 

It will be "hung" from the ceiling, so it can be projected onto the back wall, without the actors being in the way. 

Nothing too fancy, just regular aspect ratio, 1920x1080, etc. 

Thank you guys and gals so much for any recommendations!!

How are you going to hang it.
Also your about to have a big shock when you realize the price of a high end projector. There was one for sale a couple days ago on a facebook group if you live the UK
ba880525bc1241349d2504941693c958.png

Going to need so much more info then youve given.

• Budget
  • Distance from projector to screen
  • Size of screen
  • how bright it needs to be (compete with stage lighting is fucking bright so rip budget)
  • How its going to be hung. Do you need a hanging cage, certain rigging requirements. Does it need to be a under a certain weight to be hung. Can you even lift the thing to the ceiling.