xbox controller wont work on Windows 10

sergamer
Go to solution Solved by sergamer,

it was a dumb setting on steam that screwed it all up, but thanks for your help

so the other day I was using my controller perfectly fine on my desktop, then it stops working, I can use it all but the d-pad, right analog stick and the b button sometimes, if anyone can help

7 minutes ago, sergamer said:

so the other day I was using my controller perfectly fine on my desktop, then it stops working, I can use it all but the d-pad, right analog stick and the b button sometimes, if anyone can help

Are you sure its Windows 10? Have you tested other controllers?

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Is it just those inputs that aren't working or does the whole controller stop working?

If it is the former, then your controller might be on its way out.

If it's the later, then check your device manager. If it is not recognized in there then search for "find and fix problems" on the computer (or go through control panel) and run that. Sometimes Windows 10 is a butt. It doesn't always play nice with my wireless receiver because it is not a "genuine microsoft" receiver.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

it's actually not all the time the buttons work on gog.com and on one game on steam but everything else wont register the rest of the buttons

it was a dumb setting on steam that screwed it all up, but thanks for your help