Cuddlez

What should I do with usb-c port?

Posted · Original PosterOP

What should I do with the usb-c port on my laptop? 

I don't really need any extra adaptors...maybe some external hard drives? I know the Samsung T3 drives are really nice, same with some sandisk ones but they be EXPENSIVE :3

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Ty in advance.

| Contact me the1beanie@gmail.com | Follow me @beaniesonwhales | Dream Rig @ PCPartPicker | ♪♫SoundCloud♮♭ |

Are you wanting to do something with it just for the sake of using it?

A usb 3.1 type c external HDD would most benefit from it. USB type c is expensive atm since it's so new.

apasz.com

-アパゾ

2 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

external hard drive i would suggest, what laptop? 

Some ultrabook with a reasonable amount of ports

2 hours ago, APasz said:

Are you wanting to do something with it just for the sake of using it?

A usb 3.1 type c external HDD would most benefit from it. USB type c is expensive atm since it's so new.

Yeah it feels like kinda of a waste not using it.

What external hard drives are there right now that use usb c?

| Contact me the1beanie@gmail.com | Follow me @beaniesonwhales | Dream Rig @ PCPartPicker | ♪♫SoundCloud♮♭ |

51 minutes ago, Cuddlez said:

Some ultrabook with a reasonable amount of ports

What external hard drives are there right now that use usb c?

I would call using something purely for the sake of saying you used it a waste of time and potentially money.

CPU || Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4.2ghz (125 strap)  Motherboard || X99 SOC Champion  RAM || 16GB (4x4) DDR4 Ripjaws @ 3000mhz  GPU || XFX R9 390 Crossfire @ 1130/1500  Case || Cougar Challenger  Storage || Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K65 RGB  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

6 hours ago, Purgent said:

I would call using something purely for the sake of saying you used it a waste of time and potentially money.

Can't I use the port for charging or hooking it up to an external monitor?

You look like you have a solution and are looking for a problem. That's rarely a good way to go about it. Even worse, you're looking for a big significant problem to solve. You have a fly swatter, and you're looking for a hornet to swat?

i7 4770 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 780 Windforce SLI | 16GB 1600
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone SE ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Macbook Air 13" 2010

On 2/16/2017 at 7:48 PM, Cuddlez said:

I have to agree with this:

On 2/16/2017 at 8:39 PM, Purgent said:

It seems odd to go looking for things it can do just for the sake of it.  I worry that if you do that, you'll end up overspending on something just so you can say you used it.  Honestly, this is a good analogy:

On 2/17/2017 at 9:06 AM, dtaflorida said:

You look like you have a solution and are looking for a problem.

[...]

You have a fly swatter, and you're looking for a hornet to swat?