Understanding the Noctua aesthetic

wololololo

https://www.i-ski.co.uk/static/media/property/Chalet_Ski_Lodge_Stoanerhof_Mayrhofen_Austria_Terrace.jpghttps://2.bp.blogspot.com/-y-7efdPVY9s/T4nPEez8xuI/AAAAAAAAAxI/dTwjP76bCgg/s1600/9.PNGhttps://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-o/01/68/88/b6/the-attractive-chalet.jpg

Austrian ski lodge, Austrian fan. With all these RGB rigs going on, why not try the ski-lodge aesthetic! I may drape sheepskin over my next rig and use those Noctua beauties.

How would you deal with the Noctua aesthetic?

For many people, it's function over form. You can have both of course, but Noctua is marginally better at what they do than the others on the market and people are willing to pay for it (like myself).

I just put it into a white case with an AsRock Mobo that has orange heatsinks and have the LED profile on my GPU set to an orange/tan coloring. 

2 minutes ago, wololololo said:

https://www.i-ski.co.uk/static/media/property/Chalet_Ski_Lodge_Stoanerhof_Mayrhofen_Austria_Terrace.jpghttps://2.bp.blogspot.com/-y-7efdPVY9s/T4nPEez8xuI/AAAAAAAAAxI/dTwjP76bCgg/s1600/9.PNGhttps://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-o/01/68/88/b6/the-attractive-chalet.jpg

Austrian ski lodge, Austrian fan. With all these RGB rigs going on, why not try the ski-lodge aesthetic! I may drape sheepskin over my next rig and use those Noctua beauties.

Spontaneously it feels like that ski-lodge and RGB lighting isn't very compatible. If i would do a ski-lodge rig, it would be with a lot of wooden mods. But you re right, the Noctua fans would fit like a glove in such a theme.

2 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

You beat your other components into submission with more Noctua.

That photoshop job.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:
  Hide contents

TJEYGNE.png

That motherfucker's about to fly off into the distance

idk

15 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

TJEYGNE.png

Really wants to direct their airflow. No trust in physics.

36 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

Hardly noticeable in the case as is.

20161004_211004.jpg

It works well to do that, I like your rig. But it would be interesting to see people make them work in a full glass case.

6 hours ago, Nimrodor said:
  Hide contents

TJEYGNE.png

It's a masterpiece. 

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

5 hours ago, ElZamo92 said:

It's a masterpiece. 

He missed one thou (back of the cpu cooler).

11 hours ago, wololololo said:

I have an NF-F12 exhausting GPU heat and to be honest I don't really see the color of it, it's still one of the best fans I have ever used though.  

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

28 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Can't you just paint it?

wouldn't that effect the performance. Although I would quite like to Bob Ross my fans.Bob at Easel.jpg

29 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Can't you just paint it?

Can mess up the balance of the fan blades, leads to unwanted noise, vibration, etc. Could work but you'd need to be very careful and gentle.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I think it's become their color, and they're not THAT bad. 

Didn't they come out with that industrial black version?

3 minutes ago, GreenToxon said:

I think it's become their color, and they're not THAT bad. 

Didn't they come out with that industrial black version?

The PPF or something? I've heard they're worse than the standard ones at cooling from somewhere. Honestly I'd rather some other fans, except if it's covered up. Like my Corsair fans in my 250D.

idk

13 hours ago, Nimrodor said:
  Hide contents

TJEYGNE.png

I'd rather die tbh

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I actually quite like the aesthetics of their beige and BROOOOWN (RCR mode: on), maybe because i'm old deep down inside.

Noctua actually has the Redux series as well, the gray fans match quite well with some older gray cases and modern mostly-black cases, i think i'm going to buy one for my Chieftec, since it doesn't have any exhaust fans at the moment.

noctua_nf_s12b_redux_5.jpg

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

how would i deal with the looks of Noctua fans you say? just take a look at my rig m80.

IMG_20170217_144655.jpg

idgaf how it looks as long as it preforms better :P kinda wish i had the right fans for my NH-D14 but the fractal ones on there are preforming great so im not changeing them

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

52 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

When you don't have window, you don't have issue.

And color scheme is reference to owls...
220px-Athene_noctua_(cropped).jpg

Yhanks, Owl themed rig it is then! sweet.

16 hours ago, wololololo said:

i dealt with it by getting the "B" range of redux noctua fans, they are sexy grey :)

got NF-B9 on cpu and NF-S12B's in the case. 

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64