WD Black or Seagate FireCuda 3.5" confused!!!

Hi this is Sat here I am confused too much about which is best for gaming and video editing.

I wanna buy a 1 TB hdd but I don't know what to choose, I checked user benchmark WD Black is winning in read & Seagate FireCuda is winning on Write.

Hey guys please help me I wanna a buy something which is best overall.

Thanks in advance & sorry for my bad English......

1 minute ago, MaDSaT said:

Hi this is Sat here I am confused too much about which is best for gaming and video editing.

I wanna buy a 1 TB hdd but I don't know what to choose, I checked user benchmark WD Black is winning in read & Seagate FireCuda is winning on Write.

Hey guys please help me I wanna a buy something which is best overall.

Thanks in advance & sorry for my bad English......

Your English is fine for the most part. Don't worry about it.

I'd actually suggest buying an SSD instead of a high-end HDD. It might be a little more expensive but it's much much much faster.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

the WD black drive is an HDD, the Firecuda drive is an SSHD. You should get an HDD + SSD instead of an SSHD if you want speed. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

I have a 2TB Firecuda for my storage/game drive and its been p. nice so far. 

WD black are the best quality, but not so fast. (but not that slow either) lol

If you're going for 1tb drive, take the WD blue. It's the best drive for gaming and video editing, as you want. WD black won't offer speeds so high, but it comes in much higher capacity, should you so desire.

@MaDSaT if I were you, I would go with the WD Black due to its speed and I totally recommend it since I already do own a 500gb WD Black. And it is running the same way it ran the first time.((It's about 3 years old))

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

1 minute ago, Light-Yagami said:

If you're going for 1tb drive, take the WD blue. It's the best drive for gaming and video editing, as you want. WD black won't offer speeds so high, but it comes in much higher capacity, should you so desire.

WD blue drives max selling capacity is 1TB. That's one factor as well. And it's a bit more quiet due to how dense the information are written and some stuff I don't understand, but the needle moves slower in blues and in blacks because of different density, making blues quieter and faster.

5 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

You are totally wrong. WD Black is WAY faster than the WD Blue. 

EDIT: Seems like it took a bit to post it..

EDIT2: Also WD offers a variety of storage capacity. From 500 to 6TB. Check their website.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

3 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

You are totally wrong. WD Black is WAY faster than the WD Blue. 

EDIT: Seems like it took a bit to post it..

EDIT2: Also WD offers a variety of storage capacity. From 500 to 6TB. Check their website.

Ups, thanks for correcting me. I seem to turn it upside down. I watched a review/comparisson between the two types a few months ago and yeah.. I plan to buy WD black, because it comes in bigger sizes and is commonly known to be more reliable.

5 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

WD Black is WAY faster than the WD Blue. 

Depends on the specific drive and workload byut i wouldn't call 20-40% faster way faster.

2 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Ups, thanks for correcting me. I seem to turn it upside down. I watched a review/comparisson between the two types a few months ago and yeah.. I plan to buy WD black, because it comes in bigger sizes and is commonly known to be more reliable.

reliability is about the same. Id probably get the cheaper segate barracuda drives or hgst drives

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Depends on the specific drive and workload byut i wouldn't call 20-40% faster way faster.

When you do not have money to get a SSD you simply try to get the fastest HDD. That's my opinion and that's why I consider the WD Black faster than the blue one EVEN if it's about 20 to 40 % faster.

TO BE UPGRADED:

1 minute ago, R3ep3r said:

When you do not have money to get a SSD you simply try to get the fastest HDD. That's my opinion and that's why I consider the WD Black faster than the blue one EVEN if it's about 20 to 40 % faster.

not even close to the faster hdd.

For normal use you won't even notice the speed difference, Id just save up for a ssd, that is much faster.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

not even close to the faster hdd.

For normal use you won't even notice the speed difference, Id just save up for a ssd, that is much faster.

That's what I am doing right now xD

TO BE UPGRADED:

Is this a secondary drive, or the only drive in the system?

If it's the only drive you'll see some speed increases with an SSHD, however a combo of an SSD and HDD is preferred.

If it's a secondary storage drive, most would say go for the Black due to the price savings over the SSHD. If you want the quicker load times, the SSHD after a bit will load a little faster.

Your English is better than quite a few native English speakers on here. If you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have even known. Welcome to the forum! :)

18 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

Your English is fine for the most part. Don't worry about it.

I'd actually suggest buying an SSD instead of a high-end HDD. It might be a little more expensive but it's much much much faster.

I wouldn't call something 6x the price a little more expensive ;)

14 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

the WD black drive is an HDD, the Firecuda drive is an SSHD. You should get an HDD + SSD instead of an SSHD if you want speed. 

How do you know he doesn't already have an SSD and he's just asking about a secondary hard drive ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

25 minutes ago, dizmo said:

How do you know he doesn't already have an SSD and he's just asking about a secondary hard drive ;)

Then he should get a harddrive, not an SSHD. 

3 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Then he should get a harddrive, not an SSHD. 

My point was that you didn't bother asking you just assumed.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

My point was that you didn't bother asking you just assumed.

52 minutes ago, MaDSaT said:

I wanna buy a 1 TB hdd

assumed what? i just said that he should consider an HDD + SSD instead, because hes comparing an SSHD to an HDD. Already have an SSD? great. Already have a harddrive? nice. both? terrific. Still should just consider another one of the former rather than an SSHD. 

38 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I wouldn't call something 6x the price a little more expensive ;)

WD Blacks are a bit less expensive that I remember, but still, more like 3-4x more expensive.

EDIT: Your point is still valid.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Hey guys calm down I don't have any HDD now I just wanna ask that which one is better I have few external HDD so I am thinking now to buy a 120 GB ssd and I will put my rendered data into my external HDD.I have only budget of $70-80 or in Indian rupees ₹6000-6500.

So what do you guys think what shall I do.

And one more question, is 120 gb ssd is enough for video editing?

Thanks again for replying guys thankyou so much.....??

• 5 months later...

I would recommend WD over Seagate, in the end my business has had to RMA almost 35% of all Seagate Drives versus 6% of our WD Drives.  For SSD's I always tell people to buy Crucial or WD due to usually costing less then Samsung, however if you have the money go for the Samsung.