Question about TV/Monitor

Evellence

So i am getting a new pc really soon. It will be mostly for 1080p gaming. 

Now i already have "Daewoo DC EP24R3BF"   24" TV/Monitor 

Will it be better if i upgrade to this one (23,5", 1080p, curved) 

I have heard that TV/Monitor will have some issues, don't know which one exactly

Also, whats up with 1080p and 27"? Some people told me that its really bad and that i shouldn't get it. 

I saw this one which is same model as one i mentioned before just 27". Will it be blurry/pixelated?

16 minutes ago, Evellence said:

So i am getting a new pc really soon. It will be mostly for 1080p gaming. 

Now i already have "Daewoo DC EP24R3BF"   24" TV/Monitor 

Will it be better if i upgrade to this one (23,5", 1080p, curved) 

I have heard that TV/Monitor will have some issues, don't know which one exactly

Also, whats up with 1080p and 27"? Some people told me that its really bad and that i shouldn't get it. 

I saw this one which is same model as one i mentioned before just 27". Will it be blurry/pixelated?

its about pixel density. a 1080p tv or monitor will have the same amount of pixels no matter what the size is so if you have the same amount of pixels but in a larger screen it will look less crisp. that being said a 27 inch 1080p monitor doesn't look awful and is more about personal preference. 

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

its about pixel density. a 1080p tv or monitor will have the same amount of pixels no matter what the size is so if you have the same amount of pixels but in a larger screen it will look less crisp. that being said a 27 inch 1080p monitor doesn't look awful and is more about personal preference. 

Yeah but some people told me its really bad.  So i'm asking if it really is :D

Anyways what do you think of this monitors? Should i keep the one that i have or should i upgrade it to one of this 2 that i mentioned?

2 minutes ago, Evellence said:

Yeah but some people told me its really bad.  So i'm asking if it really is :D

Anyways what do you think of this monitors? Should i keep the one that i have or should i upgrade it to one of this 2 that i mentioned?

well i would definitely recommend upgrading at some point. both of those monitors are quite nice and would be much better than your current monitor. i personally have a 24inch monitor and think it is plenty big for my tastes but if you really want a 27inch monitor the other one wont be a bad idea either. just be aware that the 27 inch won't have as sharp of an image. i personally wouldn't let the slightly less image sharpness stop me from getting a 27inch monitor if i really wanted one. 

It's also not just about "pixel density" (btw I have a 27" monitor and its fine)

The reason why TV monitors dont make good computer monitors is because they have a high amount of input lag. TV's can have upwards of 100ms input lag, mostly because for a IR remote to a TV, changing channels or a volume doesnt need to be instantaneous. However, for gaming, 100ms extra input lag can be the difference between getting the quick scope in time, or dying like a noob and having your team grief you. It's talked about a little bit in this video. (Note, response time and input lag are not the same)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

It's also not just about "pixel density" (btw I have a 27" monitor and its fine)

The reason why TV monitors dont make good computer monitors is because they have a high amount of input lag. TV's can have upwards of 100ms input lag, mostly because for a IR remote to a TV, changing channels or a volume doesnt need to be instantaneous. However, for gaming, 100ms extra input lag can be the difference between getting the quick scope in time, or dying like a noob and having your team grief you. It's talked about a little bit in this video. (Note, response time and input lag are not the same)

yeah i wasn't talking about the tv monitor. i was referring to the 27inch monitor that he was looking at. 

The thread was moved to the Displays section

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !