Pewdiepie responds to articles labeling him as a Nazi

ObscureMammal
2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Is that the black dude? I only caught the last part but going back to the joke he seems to be chocking on that red pill: He needs to either spit or swallow that shit.

Yeah that dude seems to be flip flopping left and right.

Something on the internet got taken out of context, I'm flabbergasted I tell you. 

The internet culture is his business, he really should have know that this would get taken out of context and used against him, he's an idiot.

I also think perfectly reasonable for people to be upset at using Hitler being right, and killing all Jews, as an example for these chaps to hold up. Genocide is quite rightly a subject that people feel uncomfortable with when used in humour, especially when done in such a crass way. And the Holocaust is a genocide that is still within living memory too, making it an even more sensitive subject. I also expect a lot of the people who are annoyed with peoples reaction to this, and think he should be able to say whatever he likes with no repercussions, would have absolutely lost their minds with rage if a black guy had got the Indian chap to hold up a sign saying 'kill all white people', free speech as long as I agree with it....

7 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

Something on the internet got taken out of context, I'm flabbergasted I tell you. 

The internet culture is his business, he really should have know that this would get taken out of context and used against him, he's an idiot.

I also think perfectly reasonable for people to be upset at using Hitler being right, and killing all Jews, as an example for these chaps to hold up. Genocide is quite rightly a subject that people feel uncomfortable with when used in humour, especially when done in such a crass way. And the Holocaust is a genocide that is still within living memory too, making it an even more sensitive subject. I also expect a lot of the people who are annoyed with peoples reaction to this, and think he should be able to say whatever he likes with no repercussions, would have absolutely lost their minds with rage if a black guy had got the Indian chap to hold up a sign saying 'kill all white people', free speech as long as I agree with it....

He could have had them hold a sign with something like:  I like the smell of poop.  It would have a similar effect, on a comedic level.  He is not trying to be funny, but wanting to start controversy. 

So news outlets are dumb enough to post crap for clicks, and dummies cry foul and preach hate to sound hip and edgy.  News gets their clicks, he gets attention and loses some cash.

Big news... so glorious.  If Sargon is handing out his brand of red pill, do yourselves a favor and go back to sleep. 

10 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Does you labeling it a witch hunt mean you like PDP and his videos?

I am indifferent about PewDiePie.

I don't watch his videos except for every now and again when someone links it to me and goes "you should watch this", then I give it a chance. It seems like he has changed though. From fake screaming to just making random videos where he takes the piss at different things.

I labeled it a witch hunt because this is the definition of a witch hunt (other than the literal term of course):

the searching out and deliberate harassment of those (as political opponents) with unpopular views

Even though I sincerely believe that PewDiePie was just making jokes and isn't actually an anti-Semite, I still think this is the media harassing him and doing everything they can to push a false image of him.

I mean, I posted this video as a joke:

But imagine if the wall street journal was the one posting it and writing an article with the headline "YouTube Star Linus Sebastian says Hitler was right".

That's kind of what is happening right here and it needs to stop.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

I also expect a lot of the people who are annoyed with peoples reaction to this, and think he should be able to say whatever he likes with no repercussions, would have absolutely lost their minds with rage if a black guy had got the Indian chap to hold up a sign saying 'kill all white people', free speech as long as I agree with it....

There is a difference between "being able to say anything without repercussions" and "let's take everything he says and does, and try to twist it into him being a nazi". For crying out loud they freeze framed him pointing at something and tried to make it seem like he was Sieg Heiling.

If some black guy said "it is so absurd that someone would willingly say 'kill all white people' for 5 dollars" then I don't think many people would be upset (idiots would though), but if the black person who said that had his clip clip taken out of context and a mainstream media outlet like Wall-street journal went "black Youtube star wants death to all white people" then I would defend the black guy.

This is not "free speech as long as I agree with it". It's "Don't take shit out of context to push a false image of someone". Or are you going to say that Linus is a nazi because of the video I posted above?

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

He could have had them hold a sign with something like:  I like the smell of poop.  It would have a similar effect, on a comedic level.  He is not trying to be funny, but wanting to start controversy. 

No it would not... The joke/point was to make it as absurd as possible. You don't go "wow this site is the lowest of the low. People would do almost anything for 5 dollars" and then have them hold up a sigh that says "I like the smell of poop". That does not have the same impact at all.

I got a feeling that you either didn't watch the video, or didn't understand it.

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

- -

No it would not... The joke/point was to make it as absurd as possible. You don't go "wow this site is the lowest of the low. People would do almost anything for 5 dollars" and then have them hold up a sigh that says "I like the smell of poop". That does not have the same impact at all.

I got a feeling that you either didn't watch the video, or didn't understand it.

No, I did not watch the video.  I have never watched one of his videos.  I did not want to start because of this. 

Then you don't understand comedy.  Absurdity =/= make people convey hatred.  This was for the lolz of a tasteless nature.

4 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I am indifferent about PewDiePie.

I don't watch his videos except for every now and again when someone links it to me and goes "you should watch this", then I give it a chance. It seems like he has changed though. From fake screaming to just making random videos where he takes the piss at different things.

I labeled it a witch hunt because this is the definition of a witch hunt (other than the literal term of course):

Even though I sincerely believe that PewDiePie was just making jokes and isn't actually an anti-Semite, I still think this is the media harassing him and doing everything they can to push a false image of him.

I mean, I posted this video as a joke:

But imagine if the wall street journal was the one posting it and writing an article with the headline "YouTube Star Linus Sebastian says Hitler was right".

That's kind of what is happening right here and it needs to stop.

There is a difference between "being able to say anything without repercussions" and "let's take everything he says and does, and try to twist it into him being a nazi". For crying out loud they freeze framed him pointing at something and tried to make it seem like he was Sieg Heiling.

If some black guy said "it is so absurd that someone would willingly say 'kill all white people' for 5 dollars" then I don't think many people would be upset (idiots would though), but if the black person who said that had his clip clip taken out of context and a mainstream media outlet like Wall-street journal went "black Youtube star wants death to all white people" then I would defend the black guy.

This is not "free speech as long as I agree with it". It's "Don't take shit out of context to push a false image of someone". Or are you going to say that Linus is a nazi because of the video I posted above?

I'll admit the media may be getting carried away, I haven't watched anything about this so idk firsthand, but PDP did still do some really stupid and messed up stuff.  This didn't start because he's innocent of any wrongdoing.  

Also, dressing as a nazi like you mentioned he did, was an incredibly poor choice under the current circumstances he's facing.  It speaks to his poor judgement and only gave people opposed to him more fuel to attack him and the media to latch onto.  

Lastly, as I pointed out to TetraSky, does this look like the face and action of a person sorry for making some huge errors in judgment, for offending many people, and willing to admit when he's in the wrong?

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Answer: No, it is none of those things.  This is the expression of someone who screwed up in a very bad way and isn't sorry at all.  He clearly doesn't care that what he did was wrong or who he offended/pissed off.  And flipping people off?  The cherry on the douchebag cake that he is.  

Sure it seems the media isn't sticking entirely to facts from what you've said but PDP isn't helping things either.  

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

No, I did not watch the video.  I have never watched one of his videos.  I did not want to start because of this. 

Then you don't understand comedy.  Absurdity =/= make people convey hatred.  This was for lolz of a tasteless nature.

Yeah... Maybe you should watch the thing you try to criticize? Voicing your opinion without knowing what you are actually is a pretty bad idea.

I understand comedy. You don't. Going "wow people will do anything for 5 dollars" and then have someone hold up a sign which says "I like the smell of poop" is something a toddler might laugh at, because you know "xD poop is funny!". Having someone hold up a sign that says death to all Jews solidifies the absurdity and enforces the point that "wow, people really will do anything for 5 dollars".

With your suggestion you end up with something like this, where it's more of an anti-joke:

ae9.jpg

Do you think essays such as "a modest proposal" would have had the same "punch" if you replaced the word "children" with for example "bread"? It would lose all meaning.

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Yeah... Maybe you should watch the thing you try to criticize? Voicing your opinion without knowing what you are actually is a pretty bad idea.

I understand comedy. You don't. Going "wow people will do anything for 5 dollars" and then have someone hold up a sign which says "I like the smell of poop" is something a toddler might laugh at, because you know "xD poop is funny!". Having someone hold up a sign that says death to all Jews solidifies the absurdity and enforces the point that "wow, people really will do anything for 5 dollars".

With your suggestion you end up with something like this, where it's more of an anti-joke:

If "I like the smell of poop" is targeted at toddlers, then what demographic is "Death to all Jews" targeted toward? 

That sign is all I personally need NOT to watch the video.  The context is irrelevant to me.  I am just not interested in his content.... from "Let's play", to whatever he is doing now.  Maybe some day I will try a vid of his... but not for something stupid like this.

9 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What happened to him is he did something really stupid and now he's suffering the legitimate consequences of his actions.  

Perhaps the the media isn't innocent either but it doesn't change what PDP did.  Stuff like the the stuff that started all this and what LAwLz mentioned about him dressing like a nazi and apparently flipping people off like Majestic showed.

I don't think that anyone who does bs stuff like flipping people off does not deserve the money and fame that PDP has.  

He's a comedian making a nazi joke. I really don't see the issue here. He flipped off the people who where righting a smear campaign calling him a nazi.

This is the face and expression of a smug self righteous douchebag who thinks he can get away with anything.  Not someone who is sorry for making mistakes.  He may as well be saying "I already got your money now here's what I really think of you".  

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

(Used spoiler to hide the inappropriate gesture) 

As mentioned previous, I really don't think a comedian flipping off people is enough to crucify him. 

I don't mean to start an argument.  Certainly not here.    Though if you feel the need to discuss this further feel free to pm me.  I have no problem with a civil discussion if you would be interested in that.  About this or something else.  

I just wanted to voice my opinion and I've done that.  I appreciate you telling me yours about this issue.  

Agreed. Everyone's allowed their own opinions, that's what free speech is for. 

- snip-

3 hours ago, stconquest said:

If "I like the smell of poop" is targeted at toddlers, then what demographic is "Death to all Jews" targeted toward? 

Young teens and adults. Strom front wasn't laughing at it. That'd be like holding up a "Communism is best" sign to Communists and expecting them to laugh. It's humorous because it's so absurd and taken un-serioudly that the people who don't find it ubsurd and take it seriously dont see it as a joke. 

3 hours ago, stconquest said:

- snip-

8 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Young teens and adults. Strom front wasn't laughing at it. That'd be like holding up a "Communism is best" sign to Communists and expecting them to laugh. It's humorous because it's so absurd and taken un-serioudly that the people who don't find it ubsurd and take it seriously dont see it as a joke. 

...and the context of the sign was:  Look!  People will do anything for $5?  That is the context, right?

...and the context of the sign was:  Look!  People will do anything for $5?  That is the context, right?

Yes. 

- snip-

3 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Yes. 

Just wow, so I am back to WTH?  Sorry, but that in no way is funny to me.  Meh, to each their own. 

"I like the smell of poop" would be better.  :D

I vote he does his next video, dressed as a penguin riding a unicycle. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Just wow, so I am back to WTH?  Sorry, but that in no way is funny to me.  Meh, to each their own.

Yup. I found it pretty funny. If you're making the point that people will do it anything for $5 you don't go for a "I'm a poop pants sign" you go for a "kill all dem Jews" sign. That's anything.

Also, I found it pretty funny, but that's just me being Edgy. 

- snip-

On 16/02/2017 at 9:56 PM, DanielMiddletown said:

Checked out few of his videos... Does he have some kind of mental disorder? Or is chaotic screaming and a pile of random words a new cool thing? I`m getting too old for this poop.

His audience are 12 years old so yeah....

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)