Best Desk Size for Dual Monitors

newgeneral10

I'm looking at upgrading my desk so I can use dual monitors comfortably, and have my pc on the desk, and have two bookshelf speakers on the desk.  The two main options I have seen are the 78" and 58" Linnmon desk from Ikea.  I obviously don't want to feel cramped but the 78" desk sounds massive.  I would like to know y'all's opinion or if you have a better option for around the same price point.

That's really helpful, thank you!  How big are your monitors?

P.S. I have that exact mousepad and I love it!

2 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

I reckon the 58" one should do the job with 2 27" monitors, but it won't leave much space. If you can fit the 78" in I'd go with that.

Then I'll just go with the 78".  Thank you

I use a door as my desk and that is 76" which tbh isnt that much. I think you should go with the 78" as you will have plenty of space but for me it isn't enough at all

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

• 3 years later...
On 2/17/2017 at 3:54 AM, newgeneral10 said:

I'm looking at upgrading my desk so I can use dual monitors comfortably, and have my pc on the desk, and have two bookshelf speakers on the desk.  The two main options I have seen are the 78" and 58" Linnmon desk from Ikea.  I obviously don't want to feel cramped but the 78" desk sounds massive.  I would like to know y'all's opinion or if you have a better option for around the same price point.

im looking at getting daul monitors ( 2 24" inches ) and im wondering if i can use a 120cm desk or mabye a 150cm any desks would be great i only have about 1 and a half metres of space, Help me (also giv me free shit)

I have a 65in desk and I wish I had more space.

For reference, I have 2 Dell u2412m monitors on a vivo mount.

Left monitor is portrait, right is landscape. Once you add in all the other "stuff", some days I feel cluttered.

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)