noctua d15

danielhowk

noctua d15 is the best air cooler 2015, im trying to buy a new pc, whats the best air cooler on the market atm is it still noctua d15?

thanks

4 minutes ago, danielhowk said:

noctua d15 is the best air cooler 2015, im trying to buy a new pc, whats the best air cooler on the market atm is it still noctua d15?

thanks

I just recently got one. It's amazing. It's super silent compared to the h55 I had. My temps are the same, but the change in sound is insane. I even installed it with the mobo in the case. Just swapped them. I do not recommend doing this though. It was frustrating.

2 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I just recently got one. It's amazing. It's super silent compared to the h55 I had. My temps are the same, but the change in sound is insane. I even installed it with the mobo in the case. Just swapped them. I do not recommend doing this though. It was frustrating.

is noctua d15 still the king and the best air cooler in the market atm?

21 hours ago, danielhowk said:

is noctua d15 still the king and the best air cooler in the market atm?

There are some rumors that Scythe Fuma is slowly taking the mantel.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 2/17/2017 at 5:35 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

There are some rumors that Scythe Fuma is slowly taking the mantel.

It's a great cooler but the mounting hardware isn't as nice and it isn't as quiet. The NH-D15 is still the king out of the high performance air coolers. 

The NH-U14S is arguably the best cooler overall due to the form factor. I actually picked up a NH-U14S to replace my NH-D15 but it's still sitting in the box due to laziness.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It's a great cooler but the mounting hardware isn't as nice and it isn't as quiet. The NH-D15 is still the king out of the high performance air coolers. 

The NH-U14S is arguably the best cooler overall due to the form factor. I actually picked up a NH-U14S to replace my NH-D15 but it's still sitting in the box due to laziness.

They are about same height, though. So only thing where U14S has advantage is ability to mount it horizontally. It's been in my rig for 3.5 years now (from August 2013), mounted it 4 times with 2 thermal paste changes. Really digging it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

They are about same height, though. So only thing where U14S has advantage is ability to mount it horizontally. It's been in my rig for 3.5 years now (from August 2013), mounted it 4 times with 2 thermal paste changes. Really digging it.

The NH-U14S is 165mm in height which is taller than the usual 160mm that cases and other coolers like the NH-D15 abide by. It's one of the reasons I haven't installed it yet since I'm thinking of moving back to a S340 which only supports coolers up to 160mm. I might have to use one of the NH-U12S' I have lying around which is great if I do end up using all NF-S12A's but I like the NH-U14S more.

The NH-D15 is also much more cumbersome when it comes to clipping the fans back on, managing fan cables, and accessing the ram/motherboard due to the size. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.