30 Hz
30 Hz

85 Hz
60 Hz
60 Hz

240 Hz
180 Hz
180 Hz

I might not be saying it correctly when I call it a 1.4 cable or 2.0 cable. Going off these specs though. I guess you could say 1.4 connector or 2.0 connector. I just call it cable and if someone comes along to side explain that would be nice to correct how to properly explain this. Am I not thinking of this correctly it's like saying a 2.0 or 3.0 USB cable? 

That's a 3840 x 2160 television (off the specs above @ 4k)

1.4 cable - 30 Hz 

2.0 cable - 60 Hz 

Reason I had you test 50 Hz was if that didn't work it was a 1.X since max output at that resolution is 30 Hz while 2.0 the max output is 60 Hz . This is kind of an easy way to just check to see if you get any results. If it does work at 50 Hz the cable is not the problem here I would say. 

It's something to do with the television itself or a setting on the PC. 

I would say with a television there's some strange setting on the television that won't allow it to go to 60Hz. 

----- This may fix it. Try turning off HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour.

HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour - off 

Alright, fair enough. Sorry. :P

Yeah, even with it at 50hz, it still has the flashing issue. I will try with HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour off, but that is the setting that allows the TV to take in 4k @ 60hz, because it is switched on for whichever ports you want to use at 4k 60hz. So, I'm not sure if it will help at all?

2 minutes ago, CoryDrage said:

Alright, fair enough. Sorry. :P

Yeah, even with it at 50hz, it still has the flashing issue. I will try with HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour off, but that is the setting that allows the TV to take in 4k @ 60hz, because it is switched on for whichever ports you want to use at 4k 60hz. So, I'm not sure if it will help at all?

Ok, so I have turned off the HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour setting. It definitely feel's as though it's only picking up 30hz now, can see noticeable judder on the cursor, and massive input lag, whereas with the setting on, there is no input lag really.

I'll see if it gets rid of the flashing though. Not sure it will tbh.

6 minutes ago, CoryDrage said:

Ok, so I have turned off the HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour setting. It definitely feel's as though it's only picking up 30hz now, can see noticeable judder on the cursor, and massive input lag, whereas with the setting on, there is no input lag really.

I'll see if it gets rid of the flashing though. Not sure it will tbh.

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/support-product/lg-65UH770V

Page 15 - Manual it says it can run at 50-60Hz. 

Check your Nvidia settings really fast to see if they changed (unless you have already). Just to see if that reset it or anything. 

10 hours ago, e23 said:

Page 15 - Manual it says it can run at 50-60Hz. 

Check your Nvidia settings really fast to see if they changed (unless you have already). Just to see if that reset it or anything. 

Ok, it hadn't reset the refresh rate lower, but because the colour output setting had changed as it must've recognised when I switched off Deep Colour, it no longer supports 4:2:2 10 bit Colour. 

Changed it to 4:2:0 8bit. Definitely back to 60hz with no lag.

Now just to wait a while and see if the flashing is still there. Hopefully you've just fixed all my problems mate. Been having this issue since I got the TV and first plugged my PC into it...

Let me know if it works. 

The settings I can't help you with that well. This should change it for response times depending on what you pick. I can't tell you for now though. 

I'm a hardcore PC + Monitor (only monitor) myself. I can only help so much with this for now since I'm a monitor guy. 

That's something I don't dabble in much is response times of televisions. 

1 hour ago, e23 said:

Let me know if it works. 

The settings I can't help you with that well. This should change it for response times depending on what you pick. I can't tell you for now though. 

I'm a hardcore PC + Monitor (only monitor) myself. I can only help so much with this for now since I'm a monitor guy. 

That's something I don't dabble in much is response times of televisions. 

I understand that mate! Thanks though!

Seems to have helped so far though. No flashing since changing the setting. Gonna play a game or something and see if it will then because that's mainly when I had the flashing problems. 

On my NVIDIA Control Panel I have set to 4:2:0 and 8 bit, 60hz and 3840x2160. 

On my TV, all I did was turn off that Ultra HD Deep Colour setting. The colours aren't quite as good, but that's to be expected without 4:4:4 and 10 bit. 

I'll post back on here in 24 hours and hopefully that's it sorted. :P 

Thanks for the tips though.

(I'm just a Desktop IT Support guy, not really AV crazy knowledgeable, apart from getting games to look nice. :P

On 2/17/2017 at 4:19 AM, e23 said:

I might not be saying it correctly when I call it a 1.4 cable or 2.0 cable. I guess you could say 1.4 connector or 2.0 connector. I just call it cable and if someone comes along to side explain that would be nice to know how to properly explain this. Am I not thinking of this correctly it's like saying a 2.0 or 3.0 USB cable? 

That's a 3840 x 2160 television (off the specs above @ 4k)

1.4 cable - 30 Hz 

2.0 cable - 60 Hz 

Reason I had you test 50 Hz was if that didn't work it was a 1.X since max output at that resolution is 30 Hz while 2.0 the max output is 60 Hz . This is kind of an easy way to just check to see if you get any results. If it does work at 50 Hz the cable is not the problem here I would say. 

It's something to do with the television itself or a setting on the PC. 

I would say with a television there's some strange setting on the television that won't allow it to go to 60Hz. 

----- This may fix it. Try turning off HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour.

HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour - off 

Generally it's best practice to avoid calling HDMI cables with "version numbers" because if everyone talks as if "HDMI 2.0" cables exist, then people start thinking you can't use HDMI 2.0 features without an "HDMI 2.0" cable. While you do need a cable that can handle 18 Gbit/s bandwidth to use that particular feature of HDMI 2.0, the other version-dependent features of HDMI (such as HDR) don't depend on cable. Using a 10.2 Gbit/s cable on an HDMI 2.0 device doesn't downgrade the connection to HDMI 1.4. It may limit the video bandwidth to HDMI 1.4 speeds, but all the other features of HDMI 2.0 will still work. The only feature that is cable dependent is the maximum bandwidth, which is why cables are categorized by their bandwidth limit (or their associated marketing name, like "High-Speed"), not by an "HDMI version".

It's also worth noting the different levels of HDMI cable certifications don't match the bandwidth limits of HDMI at every version, for example:

Standard Speed HDMI cables are rated for a maximum of 2.25 Gbit/s, while High-Speed HDMI cables are rated for up to 10.2 Gbit/s.

Meanwhile HDMI 1.0–1.2 specifies a maximum bandwidth of 4.95 Gbit/s, and HDMI 1.3 increased that to 10.2 Gbit/s.

It's easy to match High-Speed with HDMI 1.3/1.4 since they have the same speed rating, but what would an "HDMI 1.0 cable" be? Is that a Standard Speed cable? Because that can't handle the full bandwidth of HDMI 1.0. What version is a Standard Speed cable anyway? HDMI 1.0? HDMI 0.9? Neither, it's exactly what it is, a Standard Speed (2.25 Gbit/s) HDMI cable. Cables don't have version numbers.

On 2/17/2017 at 4:32 PM, CoryDrage said:

I understand that mate! Thanks though!

Seems to have helped so far though. No flashing since changing the setting. Gonna play a game or something and see if it will then because that's mainly when I had the flashing problems. 

On my NVIDIA Control Panel I have set to 4:2:0 and 8 bit, 60hz and 3840x2160. 

On my TV, all I did was turn off that Ultra HD Deep Colour setting. The colours aren't quite as good, but that's to be expected without 4:4:4 and 10 bit. 

I'll post back on here in 24 hours and hopefully that's it sorted. :P 

Thanks for the tips though.

(I'm just a Desktop IT Support guy, not really AV crazy knowledgeable, apart from getting games to look nice. :P

Yeah, 4:2:0 removes half the color information so it cuts the data rate in half. 4K 60 Hz 4:2:0 is equivalent in bandwidth to 4K 30 Hz 4:4:4, so this settings brings it back down to HDMI 1.4-level data rates, so... I don't know if it really "solves" the problem, rather just avoids it, but if the color is worth the trade for 60 fps then everything is good.

if its running low resolutions fine then its the cable just coz its 2.0 dosnt means its a good cable if it cost 99p from the corner shop it anit going to cut it also the hdmi 2.0 uses a thicker cable then the normal hdmi 

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

12 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Generally it's best practice to avoid calling HDMI cables with "version numbers" because if everyone talks as if "HDMI 2.0" cables exist, then people start thinking you can't use HDMI 2.0 features without an "HDMI 2.0" cable. While you do need a cable that can handle 18 Gbit/s bandwidth to use that particular feature of HDMI 2.0, the other version-dependent features of HDMI (such as HDR) don't depend on cable. Using a 10.2 Gbit/s cable on an HDMI 2.0 device doesn't downgrade the connection to HDMI 1.4. It may limit the video bandwidth to HDMI 1.4 speeds, but all the other features of HDMI 2.0 will still work. The only feature that is cable dependent is the maximum bandwidth, which is why cables are categorized by their bandwidth limit (or their associated marketing name, like "High-Speed"), not by an "HDMI version".

It's also worth noting the different levels of HDMI cable certifications don't match the bandwidth limits of HDMI at every version, for example:

Standard Speed HDMI cables are rated for a maximum of 2.25 Gbit/s, while High-Speed HDMI cables are rated for up to 10.2 Gbit/s.

Meanwhile HDMI 1.0–1.2 specifies a maximum bandwidth of 4.95 Gbit/s, and HDMI 1.3 increased that to 10.2 Gbit/s.

It's easy to match High-Speed with HDMI 1.3/1.4 since they have the same speed rating, but what would an "HDMI 1.0 cable" be? Is that a Standard Speed cable? Because that can't handle the full bandwidth of HDMI 1.0. What version is a Standard Speed cable anyway? HDMI 1.0? HDMI 0.9? Neither, it's exactly what it is, a Standard Speed (2.25 Gbit/s) HDMI cable. Cables don't have version numbers.

Yeah, 4:2:0 removes half the color information so it cuts the data rate in half. 4K 60 Hz 4:2:0 is equivalent in bandwidth to 4K 30 Hz 4:4:4, so this settings brings it back down to HDMI 1.4-level data rates, so... I don't know if it really "solves" the problem, rather just avoids it, but if the color is worth the trade for 60 fps then everything is good.

Fair enough on the above point. I see what you're saying. I'm just very specific myself. They are all HDMI cables. Since they are all HDMI cables I then just add the 1.4 or 2.0 (bandwidth capability) in there. I'll work on how to say that better in the future to make it easier. Thank you for the input. 

Second part 

"General HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour - On : Support 4K @ 50/60 Hz (4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0) - Off : Support 4K @ 50/60 Hz 8bit (4:2:0) If the device connected to Input Port also supports ULTRA HD Deep Colour, your picture may be clearer. However, if the device doesn’t support it, it may not work properly. In that case, connect the device to a different HDMI port or change the TV’s HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour setting to Off.

Glenwing do you know how to see if it supports it or not? I may not be right here, but I'm wondering if this is the problem. 

I would recommend changing the HDMI port as well and turning the setting back to "on". See if that works. 

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I have an identical problem. My TV is a LG55UH605v 4K and i have a msi gtx1070 Gaming X. Exact same problem, when have the true deep color enable the screen blinks and have some problems with the image too. 

Sometimes i can play hours without any problems, but than the blinking backs.Tried lots of cables with no luck.

Did you even solve the problem?

Thank you

• 5 months later...

I can confirm that this is also an issue with AMD cards as well.  I have an RX 580 that is has an HDMI 2.0b output and an LG 60UH6035 display that has HDMI 2.0a inputs.  I have lots of screen blinking when initially logging into Windows 10 and switching between full screen applications, but the issue seems to clear up a good bit once everything "warms up."  At first I thought it was my card and was about to RMA it before I started researching the issue.  I suppose the best we can hope for are firmware updates for either our video cards or displays that will clear up these issues in the future.

I have the same issue for my Sony 4k tv. It was fine before the win 10 Anniversary update mid 2016. This problem is almost certainly a Microsoft issue.

• 8 months later...

'tis now september 2018, I am experiencing the exact same issue with a Samsung 55" 4K TV, and a GTX 1060 on the other end, running at 60hz. I documented myself about the issue, browsed the web for a solution, but no one seems to have it. I have tried everything people said(in this thread and others): mess with tv settings, mess with pc settings, mess with nvidia control panel settings, change color settings, change the cable, change the inputs, update the gpu drivers, roll back the gpu drivers, reinstall windows...every imaginable thing and it is still not working. Even while running the tv at 1080p it would still flicker, just like it does at 4k and 2k. Funny thing is, it worked perfectly fine, absolutely no issue what so ever for the first 2 weeks, and then, one evening, it just started flickering. Now, after about 2 weeks of trying to find what is causing it, I am even more confused. I was not able to find ANY viable solution. I really do not know what the problem could be, hardware or software. Just like everyone else's PC/TV who posted about this issue, mine work just fine. PC works perfectly and the tv does not flicker while doing other things. Tough luck, I bought the tv with games in mind, but its way too distracting.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2018 at 3:46 PM, voobydooz said:

I have the same issue for my Sony 4k tv. It was fine before the win 10 Anniversary update mid 2016. This problem is almost certainly a Microsoft issue.

There is a pro mode for the Sony tv (push the display button,mute, volume up,home ) then set display on pc settings and start pro mode ...problem solved

glenwing on a different post opened my eyes when it comes to hdmi (did you miss this part glenwing? :P) even thou its a high speed hdmi it depends on LENGTH. and i tried it just to experience it. (im running a dp to hdmi 2.0 adapter my hdmi was 1.2) to get 60hz, 444 color, uhd and hdr it really was all about length....anything over 4ft on the normal highspeed hdmi wouldnt work correctly. the 6ft and longer, it wouldnt do it. i can get 60hz but 420 color and no hdr...if i enabled it anyway it dropped to 30 hz
i was always under the impression all high speed can do it...nope the shorter it is the higher chance it will run without going certified high speed

for trial i used a 4ft, 6ft, 8ft, 12ft all normal high speed hdmi
6ft was intermittent settings would randomly change
8ft was worse with options not working right
12ft forget it 4k 30hz only with no options
4ft everything worked
and fyi this is on a r9 380 and a samsung 4k tv