How to know that the GPUs on online stores has a 6 pins power connector or not?

4klips

I want to buy a GTX 1050 Ti 2 GB. But my PSU doesn't have a 6 pins power connector. So, I will have to buy a non 6 pins power connector model of the GPU. On amazon there is nothing mentioned about the power connectors in the discription and in "question and answer" zone there is contradictory answers. Please help.

It'll normally be under the specs list. But most 1050ti's don't need external power, which card specifically? 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

5 minutes ago, 4klips said:

I want to buy a GTX 1050 Ti 2 GB. But my PSU doesn't have a 6 pins power connector. So, I will have to buy a non 6 pins power connector model of the GPU. On amazon there is nothing mentioned about the power connectors in the discription and in "question and answer" zone there is contradictory answers. Please help.

if i remeber correctly the 1050 does not have any powerconnectors because it draws everything from the pci-e slot if that is the same for the 1050ti....

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

It'll normally be under the specs list. But most 1050ti's don't need external power, which card specifically? 

Ow that's interesting so the non nvidia cards do have some power connectors?

7 minutes ago, 4klips said:

Oh and by the way most psu's don't have a 6pin connector it's is 8 pin and then on the cable it's a splitter between 6 and 2 pin that you can connect or not depending on the connector on your gpu.

I want to buy EVGA GTX 1050Ti SC (04G-P4-6251-KR) or (04G-P4-6253-KR) and I don't have a 6 or 8 pins power connector in my PSU its Zebronic 450watt.

2 minutes ago, 4klips said:

I want to buy EVGA GTX 1050Ti SC (04G-P4-6251-KR) or (04G-P4-6253-KR) and I don't have a 6 or 8 pins power connector in my PSU its Zebronic 450watt.

please buy a new psu some googling and i get a ton of shit about if you buy it you get only one year warranty? and you won't even get the full 450 watt please get a good brand for your precious hardware Evga, Corsair, Seasonic, Be quiet. any of the good known brands is good enough but don't stick with this.

6 minutes ago, 4klips said:

You're in luck, it only consumes 75W of power. No power connectors needed as it draws power from the PCI-E slot on your motherboard.

Sellers' information tends to be incomplete in one way or another. Always check with the manufacturers (as simple as googling the full model name, and you're likely to find it among the first few results). 

10 minutes ago, 4klips said:

That model PSU can cause problems with cards that have no PCIe connector and a sub 75W power draw. Also, that "450W" PSU is worse than my generic 400W PSU (only 1x SATA) from 2004, and the "500W" (400 actual, with a 6pin connector) PSU that came with my old Thermaltake case

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

PMSL

8 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

LUL that is the worst looking thing I've seen beside the cheap chinese imports on local flea markets in my area.

9 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

But then they're recommending the Corsair VS350... Oh well, the point still stands. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

But then they're recommending the Corsair VS350... Oh well, the point still stands. 

The VS is shit but I guss this thingy is an actual big batch of shit.

A S12II-520 could be an inexpensive replacement.

3 minutes ago, Narnash said:

The VS is shit but I guss this thingy is an actual big batch of shit.

A S12II-520 could be an inexpensive replacement.

A CX450M is cheaper and perfectly fine :P (grey label CX are completely fine). 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Ok going to buy both GPU and PSU. Is there any other cheap options like S12II-520? Here in my country CX450M is quite expensive. Please suggest a better and cheap PSU.

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

A CX450M is cheaper and perfectly fine :P (grey label CX are completely fine). 

I wonder if Corsair solved the horrendous coil whine of the Rev 3.0 green label units (the late 2014/early 2015 model)

PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

I wonder if Corsair solved the horrendous coil whine of the Rev 3.0 green label units (the late 2014/early 2015 model)

Well, considering I bought my CX600 in late 2015 ish and there was no coil whine whatsoever, I'd think they might've done but that's just my model...

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

8 hours ago, RKRiley said:

Also,a good idea is to see some youtube review videos.Generaly,it will be mentioned.Btw,the most 1050 dont require extra power from psu,just from motherboard pci!