Microsoft will unveil Xbox Project Scorpio on June 11th

Source: Engadget

If you're an Xbox fan who's been anxiously awaiting more news on Microsoft's Project Scorpio ever since it was unveiled at E3 last year, you now know exactly when you'll get the full scoop. Microsoft has revealedthat its customary E3 briefing will take place on June 11th at 5PM Eastern, and the teaser graphic makes it patently clear that the 4K-capable Scorpio will be the center of attention. There are no fresh clues, to no one's surprise, but it's safe to say this is a big deal when the Redmond crew is shaking up its usual E3 schedule to garner maximum attention. One thing's for sure: we'll be there to give you our first-hand impressions.

All I can say is that I hope they keep the same price as the One S. Maybe keep the same One S form factor.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Finally something that isn't a rumor. :)

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

'4K console'

4K videos or upscaled to 4K?

More like 1800p checkerboard upscaled to 4k. ;)

Which is fine by me to be honest. It still looks glorious on a 4k screen! I'd rather have them go for better FPS and upscaling than more resolution...

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

Op your dreaming if you think it will be the price of the one s especially since these consoles will co-exist with each other. Microsoft has already said it will be priced accordingly for its specs im going to say $500 - $600 USD.

As long as they do this better than Sony. Please Microsoft, make it easier for the Devs to make use of its extra power, I'm getting sick of games that perform worse (frame rate wise) in the PS4 Pro than the PS4!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

It's supposed to have ryzen right?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

19 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Actually, it's ironically supposed to have Vega from what I understand.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

i hope they keep hdmi passthru. use hdmipassthru if hooked xone console give tru 4k great upscale 8k.

Can someone explain me why do the consoles need to upscale the resolution?Aren't TVs supposed to do the upscaling?

1 hour ago, ivan134 said:

No. The CPU was confirmed to be the same as the Xbox One for compatibility reasons in their developer docs.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

I'm getting sick of games that perform worse (frame rate wise) in the PS4 Pro than the PS4!

Hmm I've not heard of this? Got any links? Still rocking a PS4 and not yet got round to upgrading, might have to not.

12 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Can someone explain me why do the consoles need to upscale the resolution?Aren't TVs supposed to do the upscaling?

Not all TVs (4k ones should) or receivers do upscaling. Also video processors in TVs are generally rubbish and low powered, huge input latency, so your better off upscaling at the source and giving the TV native resolution input.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Hmm I've not heard of this? Got any links? Still rocking a PS4 and not yet got round to upgrading, might have to not.

This is kinda unrelated but they introduced an optional boost mode for OG PS4 which basically applies a 10-20% overclock.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Are you guys for real that PS4 Pro is worse frame rate wise than PS4? PS4 is already crap for me... frames drop a lot and this is the only regret moving from PC to PS4 I have so far... 

Take For Honor as an example, I get a lot of frame drops on PS4 while on twitch I've seen streamer playing on xbox and frames don't drop below 55.

The PS4 hate bar building up slowly but surely...

41 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Not everyone who owns a console plays on a TV.

4 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

Not everyone who owns a console plays on a TV.

Monitors should do the upscaling too, right?

59 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

This is kinda unrelated but they introduced an optional boost mode for OG PS4 which basically applies a 10-20% overclock.

Isn't boost mode for PS4 pro, so games that don't have "pro patch" would run better? 

1 hour ago, bigneo said:

Are you guys for real that PS4 Pro is worse frame rate wise than PS4? PS4 is already crap for me... frames drop a lot and this is the only regret moving from PC to PS4 I have so far... 

3 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

I'm getting sick of games that perform worse (frame rate wise) in the PS4 Pro than the PS4!

There is a patch in works to fix that,There will be also a boost mode for PS4 Pro which will provide a overclock for games

My 4790K's Intel HD4600 is 4K capable....I still don't understand why people are hyped for the supposed "performance" of  "Project Scorpio"

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, AG1233 said:

There is a patch in works to fix that,There will be also a boost mode for PS4 Pro which will provide a overclock for games

It's good to see, but it only makes use of the overclock though and you can't have both (if you want higher resloution or sampling you will have to deal with poor frame rates in poorly optimized games).

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

I think Digital Foundry made a video about it, I'm speaking about ones running in higher resolutions modes of course:

Why Are Some PS4 Pro Titles Slower Than Standard PS4?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, MyName13 said:

Monitors should do the upscaling too, right?

Yes but there not all equal so if they do it on the console it can be far better and more consistent experience.

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

My 4790K's Intel HD4600 is 4K capable....I still don't understand why people are hyped for the supposed "performance" of  "Project Scorpio"

Because it's 6+tflops......

29 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

Yes but there not all equal so if they do it on the console it can be far better and more consistent experience.

Because it's 6+tflops......

And? That doesn't mean much when you compare the theoretical compute performance of AMD's GPU compared to Nvidia's, and then the actual gaming performance.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, Nizkus said:

Isn't boost mode for PS4 pro, so games that don't have "pro patch" would run better? 

No. It should be primarily designed for the PS4 original and overclocks it from 800MHz to 911MHz.

For Xbox Scorpio to beat PS4 Pro, it will need to use VEGA.

There is just no way it can physically beat PS4 Pro otherwise since PS4 Pro uses a customized version of the RX 480 8GB.