4k Monitor showing up as both 4k and 1440

Aerotusk

So, I have a 4K monitor, from LG, exactly which one I am not sure, but in about 75% of my programs, including games and Windows settings. However, in the remaining games and programs, such as gmod and Geforce Experience, it shows up as 1440 native. My specs are in the screenshot, and I have absolutely no clue why this is happening. It mainly just bothers me, as it looks like everything is still running in 4k.

Any help is appreciated,

~Danny.

4K vs 1440.PNG

loks strange to me - get the exact model number please - should be somewhere on it or even in the settings of the monitor

3 hours ago, Aerotusk said:

So, I have a 4K monitor, from LG, exactly which one I am not sure, but in about 75% of my programs, including games and Windows settings. However, in the remaining games and programs, such as gmod and Geforce Experience, it shows up as 1440 native. My specs are in the screenshot, and I have absolutely no clue why this is happening. It mainly just bothers me, as it looks like everything is still running in 4k.

Any help is appreciated,

~Danny.

Start -> Settings -> System -> Display -> scaling ("Change the size of text, apps..." slider)

Setting Windows scaling will change the resolution that other programs see. In this case you have scaling set to 150%.