Please help. Are psu extension cables safe?

Mahbub

I have a non modular psu. I was thinking to beautify my pc. Hence use sleeve cables and since i have a source 340 cabinet i can tuck away extra length behind the shroud of psu. But is usng extension cables safe? I mean had it been a modular psu i could have directly used new cables but since i have non modular so i have to connect it to wired making length double and a joint in between, would it interfere with power delivery?? Is it safe?

It's perfectly safe. It's basically just making the wire longer :)

I say jiggly-bytes when I see "GB".

It goes down better than you would expect.

3 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

-SNIP-

Aslong as they are from a reputable company, such as CableMod or BitFeenix, they are perfectly safe, and probably better quality than the built in cables.

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

Seems pretty safe to me.

My PC is running with a non-modular 600b and BitFenix cable extensions, haven't had any problems yet :)

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Quality cables are safe. Low quality cables can present an electrical or fire hazard.

3 minutes ago, SSL said:

Quality cables are safe. Low quality cables can present an electrical or fire hazard.

Here in my place beifenix ones cost as must as 160$, i found a guy who sleeves himself. So should i drop the idea??

2 hours ago, Mahbub said:

I have a non modular psu. I was thinking to beautify my pc. Hence use sleeve cables and since i have a source 340 cabinet i can tuck away extra length behind the shroud of psu. But is usng extension cables safe? I mean had it been a modular psu i could have directly used new cables but since i have non modular so i have to connect it to wired making length double and a joint in between, would it interfere with power delivery?? Is it safe?

Yes, they are safe.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 hours ago, Mahbub said:

Here in my place beifenix ones cost as must as 160$, i found a guy who sleeves himself. So should i drop the idea??

If you have a guy who will do it for you and its cheaper, go with the guy. The only reason people buy from companies like cable mod (besides the quality) is it take SO MUCH TIME to do it yourself.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

it sure is! Just make sure that the quality is good, like  CableMod or BitFeeni. The only way this would form an issue is that the cables would be like 10km long, it would have a resistance that is way higher in compare to a cable that is 50cm long :). So yea go for it!

9 hours ago, CaraPils said:

it sure is! Just make sure that the quality is good, like  CableMod or BitFeeni. The only way this would form an issue is that the cables would be like 10km long, it would have a resistance that is way higher in compare to a cable that is 50cm long :). So yea go for it!

When i get it how do i check that quality is at par with betfenix ones? I hav heard bad cables harm components and cause fire

On 16-2-2017 at 8:14 AM, Mahbub said:

When i get it how do i check that quality is at par with betfenix ones? I hav heard bad cables harm components and cause fire

You can't. But i know the compagnies listed above are sellin' the good stuff. And bad cables don't harm your components, this could only be if your cables are too small, or touching. 

12 hours ago, CaraPils said:

You can't. But i know the compagnies listed above are sellin' the good stuff. And bad cables don't harm your components, this could only be if your cables are too small, or touching. 

What can be the worse case scenario in case of bad cables quality

8 hours ago, Mahbub said:

What can be the worse case scenario in case of bad cables quality

Well if we're talking the worst of the worst, then maybe like a fire. But i suggest buying a cable extention from Cablemod, i know for a fact that they hace good cables.

also I would Multi meter the cables to make sure there is no corrosion setting in it takes 5 min and will also let you know if you might have a problem starting to show depending on how old the power supply is.

if at first you don't break it you must have followed the directions