Can i connect my vm directly to a wifi network

Otsubosan

Well, I guess the title kinda sums it up but if you need more details to determine if it's feasible...

First, here is some background on the robot's computer: the RoboRio is a microcomputer, http://www.ni.com/en-us/support/model.roborio.html, that we would need to connect via wifi (a router specifically dedicated to the RoboRio) to upload code to.

1. I am on a robotics team and we meet four times a week but us programmers don't want to take a FREAKIN' $900.00  MICROCOMPUTER HOME to test code on (the RoboRio). So my idea is to: set up a cheap laptop, put a VM on it, connect the host to the wifi (the internet connected one), and connect the VM to the other wifi (the one dedicated to the RoboRio)

2. after all the connecting and stuff we would upload code at home like this: we would open up TeamViewer, connect to the host computer at HQ, then have the VM connect to the router for the RoboRio, and then voila we could upload code to the robot all while sitting at home.

I think the RobotRio is capable of getting our code via ethernet but for our situation, (remote into a computer at our HQ to upload code), in order for us to connect remotely to a computer to upload code we would need to be connected to the internet but we wouldn't be connected to the internet because in order to upload code to the RoboRio we need to be connected to the router on the robot...so you kinda see my dilemma.

The vm needs a NIC to connect to wifi and to get your local ip not a NAT

why do you need a VM? Just remote into the machine connected to the robot

and your link doesnt work

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_