Grand Theft Auto V Stuttering Issues

Hello everybody, I came here to find anwsers and I'm starting losing hope. As you read the title I'm having issues with GTA V performance. I have been contacting Rockstar support but their help is just copy paste from their support pages. So I'm having the infamous (not really) stuttering. After playing the game from 5 minutes to 2 hours, the game starts to take a dump and begins to stutter and I have no idea whats causing it. I hope it can be fixed.

My PC specs:

Intel i5 3570 3.4 Ghz

Asus AMD R9 380X 4 GB STRIX OC

1 TB WDC HDD 7200rpm 

8 GB RAM 1600Mhz

I know it's a basic thing but have you lowered the graphics? Maybe try lowering your game resolution.

I tried lowering the graphics, played everything on low, but no diffrance, 60 frames at first. Minutes or hours later the stuttering. But I didn't try lowering the resolution.

2 minutes ago, Gizmoidas said:

I tried lowering the graphics, played everything on low, but no diffrance, 60 frames at first. Minutes or hours later the stuttering. But I didn't try lowering the resolution.

thermals? That sounds like either your cpu or gpu is thermal throttling due to becoming too hot 

2 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

thermals? That sounds like either your cpu or gpu is thermal throttling due to becoming too hot 

No, I launched MSI afterburner at the next screen. My gpu only hits at 70*C at maximum and 63*C is average.

And my cpu goes only to 60*C and stops doesn't gain any more heat.

Go to task manager and set priority to GTAV to high.

It works for stuttering on my 770

idk

2 minutes ago, Gizmoidas said:

No, I launched MSI afterburner at the next screen. My gpu only hits at 70*C at maximum and 63*C is average.

And my cpu goes only to 60*C and stops doesn't gain any more heat.

Ok, i would try reinstalling your graphics driver and see if that fixes it

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Go to task manager and set priority to GTAV to high.

It works for stuttering on my 770

Done that, Set GTALauncher.exe to low priority and GTAV.exe to High, didn't help

4 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Ok, i would try reinstalling your graphics driver and see if that fixes it

Well I re-installed Windows 10 yesterday and it re-installed all the drivers, I don't think that will help. But thanks for the tip, I will surely try that.

Rockstar also mentioned that I have a Razer hardware, but I dunno if that is the problem.

3 minutes ago, Gizmoidas said:

Rockstar also mentioned that I have a Razer hardware, but I dunno if that is the problem.

my gf had a razer headset, the issue with some razer stuff was that the fps would be stuck at 1-2 constant. Your razer gear isn't causing the issue. 

Try cleaning the dust out of ur pc,

System

• CPU
    I7 6700K Overclocked to 4.6 GHz at 1.33v
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 16GB 3000MHZ
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G overclocked to 2063 MHZ and 8900 MHZ memory clock
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
    WD 1TB BLUE AND SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
    LG 25UM58-P ULTRAWIDE and LG 29UM58-P 29 ULTRAWIDE
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
    LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  •  
  •  

2 hours ago, laushik said:

Try cleaning the dust out of ur pc,

It's clean, I try to keep it that way :)

Try turning off the background auto scan for music, I was having the same issue, silky smooth for a while, then big stutters, etc.

Lots of googling later and I found the cause of my issue (It seems people have a different cause each time so lots of trialing), I switched that option off, and resolved the stutters!

My friend has a 4460 and 970 with 8GB of RAM and he is having a similar issue. It gets to the point where it is unplayable for him. MSI afterburner is saying that he is using billions of GB of VRAM (not sure how he managed that). I think that the issue may be RAM related for some reason even though GTA shouldn't use it all. I am going to test my system since I had only 8GB installed earlier and I'm now back up to 16.

My other friend with a 6700K and a 980ti has had massive frame time issues in the last couple of updates so it may also be something that rockstar is breaking on their end.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit