Razer anounces the new new new new NEW Razer Blade with Kaby Lake and 4K display options

Lillchillers
44 minutes ago, thel3l said:

Ahh, didn't look like it from the video but someone mentioned it so I assumed it was somewhere in the article. Slightly thinner bezels would be great, but I'd prefer a bit more than the XPS line. Thicker bezels would allow the webcam to be on top and they make a better video watching experience.

11 hours ago, bobhays said:

Can you just set the 4k screen to 1080p? I know it's a waste but wouldn't it work exactly the same? I don't mind them adding a 1080p touch screen either it's just hard to find great laptops and even harder to find ones with matte screens. A glossy screen will turn me off from basically any laptop, glare is a huge problem for me.

You can but it's not really a good idea. You get an effect called "interpolation" which makes the screen look blurry and just off, it'd look worse than a regular 1080p screen. 

3 minutes ago, FoxyOrange said:

You can but it's not really a good idea. You get an effect called "interpolation" which makes the screen look blurry and just off, it'd look worse than a regular 1080p screen. 

though due to the high pixel density of 4k at 14 inches  and the fact 4k is an exact mutiple of 1080p this does not degrade it much in a perfect world it shouldn't at all and it would look equal to a native 1080 display   but  overall it does a little.    For videos and games it will barley be something you notice.

I have 3 4k Screens for personal reference.  

@bobhays

12 hours ago, bobhays said:

Can you just set the 4k screen to 1080p? I know it's a waste but wouldn't it work exactly the same? I don't mind them adding a 1080p touch screen either it's just hard to find great laptops and even harder to find ones with matte screens. A glossy screen will turn me off from basically any laptop, glare is a huge problem for me.

if it's true 4k - I  guess you could. 1 1080p "pixel" would then just be 4 "4k" pixels.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

9 hours ago, bobhays said:

I wouldn't mind those upgrades as long as they don't mess up anything they already have, (great keyboard, trackpad, and speakers). Smaller bezels are great but please keep the webcam at the top even if it means the top is slightly thicker.

Personally I'd rather not see a design refresh because I think it's far easier to mess it up than make it better. I'd suggest just making it slightly thicker for upgradeable SSD's, battery, and cooling.

I haven't seen the new bezels in person so I can't comment on whether I'd like it to be even smaller or if it's fine the way they are.

I would like to interrupt you on the trackpad though - they either need to develop their own (amazing?) software, or they need to up their game and certify for Windows Precision. The one right now is just mediocre.

Also design wise - The two lines/angles on the top of the laptop have to go imo.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Razer, the company known for overpriced gaming accessories and gaming laptops which people seem to buy for some reason, has launched a new refresh model of their Razer Blade.

This marks the 4th or so time they've released a new Razer Blade without giving it a real/proper name. Damnit Razer, your naming scheme sucks :(!.

This refresh includes Kaby Lake Intel core i7-7700HQ processor.

Specifications carried over from the previous generations include the Geforce GTX 1060, Up to 16GB of RAM, and everything else is almost the same as the previous blade models.

I'm surprised that they didn't make use of this refresh to offer a cheaper model with a quad core i5 -_-. Then again, people who buy Razer Blades or any Razer product have no appreciation for money otherwise they wouldn't be throwing it away.

Of course, the Blade still remains a pretty expensive machine, and equipping it with a 4K display will push that price up even further. The machine starts at $1,889 and ventures all the way up to $2,799 when equipped with 4K and 1TB of storage. Still, if you're interested, you can grab the updated Blade from the Razer store now.

http://www.windowscentral.com/razer-blade-gets-even-more-beastly-kaby-lake-and-4k

https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

new new new new NEW Razer Blade

coming next- the Razer Blade One

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

So yet another portable stove, with shitty build quality and shit quality control.

Spoiler

garbage_cc.jpg

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

So yet another portable stove, with shitty build quality and shit quality control.

Spoiler

garbage_cc.jpg

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

8 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Already posted

i was going to say but its OP post is miss informing and missing the actual upgrades last i checked. i commented on the 4k option in the comments though on there. They talked about smaller bezels but it doesnt even have that?  I think the other should be locked for being bad and this one kept for good format and information 

Eventough the entire point of this thread seems to be about hating on razer products, (Really?) This barely contains enough information to not be a shitpost.

Anyway, back OT. What did you expect? For Razer to make an entire new laptop design around the new CPU? That wouldn't make sense from both a commercial and business standpoint.

1 hour ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

i was going to say but its OP post is miss informing and missing the actual upgrades last i checked. i commented on the 4k option in the comments though on there. They talked about smaller bezels but it doesnt even have that?  I think the other should be locked for being bad and this one kept for good format and information 

that's ok. There's a forum loophole I exploited which means the mods will remove that post from tech news for now xD.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Reveal hidden contents

garbage_cc.jpg

why i keep telling people not to buy this crap

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Always say that Razer is the Apple of PCs... overpriced stuff that only manages sales thanks to overwhelming marketing.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

6 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Always say that Razer is the Apple of PCs... overpriced stuff that only manages sales thanks to overwhelming marketing.

I like my Deathadder, but I don't think I'd ever buy anything else from Razer. I got mine for $35 which I thought was reasonable.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

6 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

I like my Deathadder, but I don't think I'd ever buy anything else from Razer. I got mine for $35 which I thought was reasonable.

Well it isn't like Razor or even Apple for the matter manufactures crap stuff... no, they do have to show quality otherwise all the marketing in the world wouldn't be enough... but when you give yourself the trouble to check their offerings, price tags and all compared to other offers in the market you realize you really are paying mostly only for a brand name and not for the product.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

7 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Well it isn't like Razor or even Apple for the matter manufactures crap stuff... no, they do have to show quality otherwise all the marketing in the world wouldn't be enough... but when you give yourself the trouble to check their offerings, price tags and all compared to other offers in the market you realize you really are paying mostly only for a brand name and not for the product.

I see what you're saying, but a $3000 razer blade will be much more powerful than a $3000 macbook.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

Razer, the company known for overpriced gaming accessories and gaming laptops which people seem to buy for some reason, has launched a new refresh model of their Razer Blade.

XD, now that i think about it most brands are overpriced AF. Steelseries, Corsair, Roccat (pretty expensive these ones for a membrane keyboard -.-, almost 100€), Logitech, etc. MSI has overpriced gaming laptops, Origin, Digital Storm, Alienware, Sager, etc.

Okay, ill stop :)...

Groomlake Authority

Oh by the way, on the topic of "ridiculously expensive", anyone wanna throw a wildguess at how much this "yacht" costs :)?

874961-history-supreme-yacht.jpg (650×366)

Remember, size isnt everything.

Groomlake Authority

3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Reveal hidden contents

garbage_cc.jpg

Build quality from Razer is nothing short of superb for nearly all of their products. 

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

39 minutes ago, Remixt said:

Build quality from Razer is nothing short of superb for nearly all of their products. 

lol no, not in a single way. Materials =/= build quality.

They use super cheap bad parts as you can see in the video, they are very poorly put together so there is no way that their build quality is good.

Each part of the laptop has something to do with the build quality, because build quality is actually about how well it is build and not how it feels. It would be out right stupid if you judge build quality from the feel.

Just so you know it, a mosfet is a part of the build quality.

Their orbweaver (the Mx cherry version) is not that well put together, their deathadder has the double click flaw, their mech keyboards with their own switch seems to break too often. The only product from them that seem to be well build is their goliathus mouse pads.

1 hour ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Oh by the way, on the topic of "ridiculously expensive", anyone wanna throw a wildguess at how much this "yacht" costs :)?

874961-history-supreme-yacht.jpg (650×366)

Remember, size isnt everything.

a million

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

59 minutes ago, Remixt said:

perceived quality =/= quality

17 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

lol no, not in a single way. Materials =/= build quality.

They use super cheap bad parts as you can see in the video, they are very poorly put together so there is no way that their build quality is good.

Each part of the laptop has something to do with the build quality, because build quality is actually about how well it is build and not how it feels. It would be out right stupid if you judge build quality from the feel.

Just so you know it, a mosfet is a part of the build quality.

Their orbweaver (the Mx cherry version) is not that well put together, their deathadder has the double click flaw, their mech keyboards with their own switch seems to break too often. The only product from them that seem to be well build is their goliathus mouse pads.

I've never noticed any issues with their products. The quality feels good to me, and my original razerblade still looks and feels just as good as the day I got it. I also own two of their keyboards and mice both of which are better than any of the previous ones I've used. They might not use expensive materials, but for me as a prosumer they don't have anyone that can compare in good quality combined with good service. I will concede that their naming scheme sucks ass though.

Some would argue that you are paying for the experience as well as the product. 

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

22 hours ago, Lillchillers said:

*snip*

Thread was moved to the Laptops and Pre-Built Systems section, if you want the thread to be in the Tech News section make sure to modify it so that it meets the posting guidelines;

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !