did i totaly go wrong

yesterday i built a pc consisting of a used prebuilt dell pc with a i5 4590 a 500gb hdd and a dell motherboard the system also had 4gb of ram with 2 nice ips dell monitors. In total the used system cost me 300 bucks I then went and bought another 8gb of ddr3 ram for 40 bucks a 500 watt power supply for 50 and a 8gb rx 470 for 190 bucks rising the total to about 600 bucks is 600 bucks worth it for these specs with the prebuilt pc parts bieng used I want to know this as I had the option to go with ryzen or something else

2 minutes ago, hellochicken said:

yesterday i built a pc consisting of a used prebuilt dell pc with a i5 4590 a 500gb hdd and a dell motherboard the system also had 4gb of ram with 2 nice ips dell monitors. In total the used system cost me 300 bucks I then went and bought another 8gb of ddr3 ram for 40 bucks a 500 watt power supply for 50 and a 8gb rx 470 for 190 bucks rising the total to about 600 bucks is 600 bucks worth it for these specs with the prebuilt pc parts bieng used I want to know this as I had the option to go with ryzen or something else

I think you did pretty nice for $600 including 2 monitors, did the used PC have a copy of windows on it?

Not a terrible build, but you could definitely do better.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

1 minute ago, hellochicken said:

how could i have gone better and it did come with windows 7 pro 

@hellochicken Make sure to quote people so they see.

As for your question, the used market is pretty volatile, meaning you could have gotten an absolute steal on [INSERT PART NAME HERE]. Of course, you didn't but the prices look perfectly reasonable.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

@bob51zhang   Yeah I think i should have gone with a weaker gpu like a rx 460 with a ryzen cpu I dont know but next pc i build I will do much more reaserch though do you think I should sell the parts and try to start over or is it ok or good

The prices are not the best that I've ever seen for these parts but it is still very good. For just $600 you have a very capable machine.

No, waiting for Ryzen with your setup would not have been time well spent. Ryzen will almost certainly cost more than what you paid or at the very least will cost the same for similar performance.

The only thing I would have done differently is gotten a 4GB 470 instead of an 8GB. Even my 480 struggles if it's using more than 6GB of VRAM.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

4 minutes ago, hellochicken said:

@bob51zhang   Yeah I think i should have gone with a weaker gpu like a rx 460 with a ryzen cpu I dont know but next pc i build I will do much more reaserch though do you think I should sell the parts and try to start over or is it ok or good

I think it's good. If you go with a Ryzen of Kaby-Lake platform, you'll need to buy Windows 10 on top of everything else. Just test it out and see if it fits your needs since you already have the system. If you're happy with the performance, that's all it matters.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

@DragonTamer1

oh really by the ammount of hype there is I thought ryzen would be "groundbreaking" though now people are doubting that but im glad to hear I didnt go too wrong 

thanks for the response

1 minute ago, hellochicken said:

@DragonTamer1

oh really by the ammount of hype there is I thought ryzen would be "groundbreaking" though now people are doubting that but im glad to hear I didnt go too wrong 

thanks for the response

They are going to be very competitive at the high end, but the way the CPUs are layed out, the low end chips, the budget oriented ones if you will, are most likely going to be more expensive than the intel counterparts. The boards are expected to be cheaper so you would have ended up with roughly the same performance per dollar.

This Scotsman with the sexy voice sums it up better than I could.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

4 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I think it's good. If you go with a Ryzen of Kaby-Lake platform, you'll need to buy Windows 10 on top of everything else. Just test it out and see if it fits your needs since you already have the system. If you're happy with the performance, that's all it matters.

Is W10 required for Ryzen or Kaby Lake?    If so, why is that?

@DragonTamer1 thanks for the response I am watching the video and I am surprised that amd is losing their edge in the budget market and the overpriced intel line is equal in price to performance

@Biggerboot thanks I just wanted to know wheather I should keep or sell and go to ryzen though by the way everyone is putting it it is fine

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is W10 required for Ryzen or Kaby Lake?    If so, why is that?

Because both AMD and Intel are not rolling out drivers for their upcoming chips for Windows 7. You can still in theory install and run Windows 7 on those platforms. But since it's not officially supported, you might run into some instability issues and perhaps random bugs here and there.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

there is a video on jayztwocents  called - What happens when you install Windows 8 on a Kaby Lake system?? -- this is windows 8 but it has a similar principle

11 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Because both AMD and Intel are not rolling out drivers for their upcoming chips for Windows 7. You can still in theory install and run Windows 7 on those platforms. But since it's not officially supported, you might run into some instability issues and perhaps random bugs here and there.

Any idea why they're not supporting 7?    Tons of people still use it.  

probably becuase if you were to upgrade your pc to zen or kaby lake you would likely just add windows 10 since you would need a new motherboard anyways

11 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Any idea why they're not supporting 7?    Tons of people still use it.  

The most likely reason is its age. Windows 7 has already lost mainstream support from Microsoft two years ago. Not to mention the sale of Windows 7 licenses (even OEM ones) has officially stopped. So right now, whatever keys are left out in the market is going to be it.

26 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

The most likely reason is its age. Windows 7 has already lost mainstream support from Microsoft two years ago. Not to mention the sale of Windows 7 licenses (even OEM ones) has officially stopped. So right now, whatever keys are left out in the market is going to be it.

Rip old friend...  ?

I really liked 7.  It's still on my old laptop at least.  ?