Looking for best cpu cooler for my build.

Cujo89
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
8 minutes ago, Cujo89 said:

I might overclock in the next processor once they come out. Right now I can't be too sure. I would want optimal performance but not necessarily near perfect performance I guess.

I'm in Canada and I'm having the pc built by NCIX. I picked the Noctua because budget isn't an issue in terms of the cooler and I've heard very good reviews about the brand so it was an easy choice in that regard.

In that case, just go with the NH-U14S. It's an excellent cooler and arguably the best all-around when it comes to air coolers due to its form factor.

Alright so I am planning on ordering a pc. I was going to get an AIO (Corsair H115I to be specific) even though I really don't trust water or any fluid anywhere near my 4k$ pc. I'm going to temporarily have a 6800k until new 7th gens come out that fit the socket for my motherboard. I researched into it and found the Noctua NH D15 I like it despite it's...color lol. I'm just wondering if it will fit the ram I want and still have room or should I just suck it up and get the water cooler? Despite the risk of it leaking onto my pc which is my biggest fear. I am going to be getting the Corsair 780t along with the Asus X99 ATX ROG Strix mobo. I know the cooler will fit the board or at least from what I've read it should. I'm getting an Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 for it. I want to know if there's enough clearance for it or will I lose a slot? I'm planning to SLI the 1080's in the future. I was going to get 2 1060's since my friend had them but after being told they can't be sli'ed it makes a lot of sense for the issues he's been having lol. 

Also for the ram I want the G.Skill Trident Z RGB, going to get 32gb in total and I want to know if that will fit or will be  blocked by the D15 like I've read plenty of people having issues. 

Also please note I am getting this built by NCIX so anything out of there won't work and before you say I should build it myself. I prefer having it built because frankly I trust them more than myself.

3 minutes ago, Cujo89 said:

Alright so I am planning on ordering a pc. I was going to get an AIO (Corsair H115I to be specific) even though I really don't trust water or any fluid anywhere near my 4k$ pc. I'm going to temporarily have a 6800k until new 7th gens come out that fit the socket for my motherboard. I researched into it and found the Noctua NH D15 I like it despite it's...color lol. I'm just wondering if it will fit the ram I want and still have room or should I just suck it up and get the water cooler? Despite the risk of it leaking onto my pc which is my biggest fear. I am going to be getting the Corsair 780t along with the Asus X99 ATX ROG Strix mobo. I know the cooler will fit the board or at least from what I've read it should. I'm getting an Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 for it. I want to know if there's enough clearance for it or will I lose a slot? I'm planning to SLI the 1080's in the future. I was going to get 2 1060's since my friend had them but after being told they can't be sli'ed it makes a lot of sense for the issues he's been having lol. 

Also for the ram I want the G.Skill Trident Z RGB, going to get 32gb in total and I want to know if that will fit or will be  blocked by the D15 like I've read plenty of people having issues. 

Also please note I am getting this built by NCIX so anything out of there won't work and before you say I should build it myself. I prefer having it built because frankly I trust them more than myself.

AIO is getting better nowadays. The chances of it getting leak or what's not is really low now, not saying that it won't just the chances are really low. Just get the AIO.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

3 minutes ago, Cujo89 said:

I was going to get an AIO (Corsair H115I to be specific) even though I really don't trust water or any fluid anywhere near my 4k$ pc. 

AIO liquid cooling is compelety safe and there is BARELY any times that they leak since they're closed loop, plus if your getting this FROM NCIX then they should cover any damage costs that happen because of it..I just dont understand why everyone is SOOO afraid of watercooling...

2 minutes ago, Dang3r D3bbi3 said:

AIO liquid cooling is compelety safe and there is BARELY any times that they leak since they're closed loop, plus if your getting this FROM NCIX then they should cover any damage costs that happen because of it..I just dont understand why everyone is SOOO afraid of watercooling...

Oh my fear of Water Cooling is because of my Electrical Engineering background. Any moisture or potential of a leak is bad for business so it's been ingrained in me that liquids should be as far as possible from an electrical components.

Also I would go with the NZXT X62 for the RGB Fnatic and i would look at some newer cases because the Corsair 680t is almost 3 years old now

2 minutes ago, Cujo89 said:

Oh my fear of Water Cooling is because of my Electrical Engineering background. Any moisture or potential of a leak is bad for business so it's been ingrained in me that liquids should be as far as possible from an electrical components.

Yes but if its prebuilt NCIX should cover any spills and leaks

The ram fits fine underneath the heatsink. To accommodate for ram up to 64mm tall, the fan can be raised, moved to the other side of the cooler, or removed completely.

If you don't mind sacrificing a bit of performance, the NH-U14S is a more elegant cooler that doesn't overhang the ram at all and is easier to install due to the form factor.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The ram fits fine underneath the heatsink. To accommodate for ram up to 64mm tall, the fan can be raised, moved to the other side of the cooler, or removed completely.

If you don't mind sacrificing a bit of performance, the NH-U14S is a more elegant cooler that doesn't overhang the ram at all and is easier to install due to the form factor.

Ok thats good, how much perfomance? I don't plan on Overclocking the processor much if at all and the pc is located in a cool area to begin with. So heat isn't my biggest issue or concern.

2 minutes ago, Cujo89 said:

Ok thats good, how much perfomance? I don't plan on Overclocking the processor much if at all and the pc is located in a cool area to begin with. So heat isn't my biggest issue or concern.

The performance difference isn't that big. If you're not looking for as much performance as possible, you won't be missing anything by going with the NH-U14S. That being said, there are probably cheaper alternatives if you're not looking for a high oc. Where are you shopping/located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

The performance difference isn't that big. If you're not looking for as much performance as possible, you won't be missing anything by going with the NH-U14S. That being said, there are probably cheaper alternatives if you're not looking for a high oc. Where are you shopping/located?

I might overclock in the next processor once they come out. Right now I can't be too sure. I would want optimal performance but not necessarily near perfect performance I guess.

I'm in Canada and I'm having the pc built by NCIX. I picked the Noctua because budget isn't an issue in terms of the cooler and I've heard very good reviews about the brand so it was an easy choice in that regard.

8 minutes ago, Cujo89 said:

In that case, just go with the NH-U14S. It's an excellent cooler and arguably the best all-around when it comes to air coolers due to its form factor.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Alright thanks a lot for the help :)