date tips

spwath

Lmao, ya'll supposed to be seniors in high school and you're acting like 7th graders with a love interest. Grow a pair, ask her to go hiking or whatever the hell you decided on.

ASU

Me (trying to flirt): so... do you like the new RGB ram?

Her: rg what 

Me (trying to come up with something else in common): ya like dank memes?

Her: 

Me:

Her:

linus sex tips

Normal people flirting: Hey, you're cute, we should go out sometime.

Me trying to flirt: So...do you like bread?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

19 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yeah, so if she knew you were going to ask her out before the whole 'stunt' was pulled by your team.. I dunno what to say.  You clearly made way, way, way too much of a production out of this.  You were just going to ask a girl out, making it 'a thing' is the worst thing you can do.  I get that you're young and experienced and you get ideas of what the whole relationship 'could be' and planing out the 'perfect' way to ask them to 'ensure the relationship', as if it were a GameFAQ where you just had to make the right moves to get the 'good ending' but that's not how it really works.  If two people like each other, if there's any chemistry or mutual feelings, you really can just say 'Hey, I like you, want to get coffee or something sometime?' and that's all there is to it.  It' simple, it's easy, and uncomplicated, if you get rejected, well, you tried, it didn't work, you move on.

yeah, I know. I messed up.

learn from experience I guess.

I still like her, but I'm not sure if it's possible to come back from this...

17 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Lmao, ya'll supposed to be seniors in high school and you're acting like 7th graders with a love interest. Grow a pair, ask her to go hiking or whatever the hell you decided on.

yeah... Kinda too late for that now...

I'll see if I can do anything though.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

2 minutes ago, spwath said:

yeah, I know. I messed up.

learn from experience I guess.

I still like her, but I'm not sure if it's possible to come back from this...

yeah... Kinda too late for that now...

I'll see if I can do anything though.

At this point I would just get a few minutes alone with her and say

"Hey look, I'm really sorry about those jerks on the trip - I didn't know they were gonna do that. But I do like you, so would you wanna go out on a date? How about <insert date idea here>?"

Just don't make a big deal about it and try not to work yourself up about it.

Also, disown the "friends" who pulled the prank. Seriously. Tell them off with 100% seriousness.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

At this point I would just get a few minutes alone with her and say

"Hey look, I'm really sorry about those jerks on the trip - I didn't know they were gonna do that. But I do like you, so would you wanna go out on a date? How about <insert date idea here>?"

Just don't make a big deal about it and try not to work yourself up about it.

Also, disown the "friends" who pulled the prank. Seriously. Tell them off with 100% seriousness.

i  don't think I ever used the word friends to describe them. If I did, I defiantly did not mean to.

I don't know if I should do anything now. I feel like the events that happened, and some things she said, say that she doesn't like me that way.

me and a few other people (including her) were talking about how other person liked someone else ("someone else" was in this discussion) and she (the girl I like, at this point she knew I liked her) said something (to the whole group of 4 of us) like "we should all just be friends and not have drama" (this was before the "prank").

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

19 minutes ago, spwath said:

i  don't think I ever used the word friends to describe them. If I did, I defiantly did not mean to.

I don't know if I should do anything now. I feel like the events that happened, and some things she said, say that she doesn't like me that way.

me and a few other people (including her) were talking about how other person liked someone else ("someone else" was in this discussion) and she (the girl I like, at this point she knew I liked her) said something (to the whole group of 4 of us) like "we should all just be friends and not have drama" (this was before the "prank").

Well drama is only caused by idiots. And if you ask her out and she says no, there's no drama if one of you causes it. If she rejects you, just be like "Oh okay, no worries then" in an upbeat manner.

You can be upset or cry or whatever if you need to - just do it privately. And don't get mad or act like a wounded dog if she turns you down.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

34 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Well drama is only caused by idiots. And if you ask her out and she says no, there's no drama if one of you causes it. If she rejects you, just be like "Oh okay, no worries then" in an upbeat manner.

You can be upset or cry or whatever if you need to - just do it privately. And don't get mad or act like a wounded dog if she turns you down.

yeah. It's just that, as you have probably figured out by now, I'm not good at this.

4 minutes ago, spwath said:

yeah. It's just that, as you have probably figured out by now, I'm not good at this.

Look, we get it.

But I'm sorry to tell you, there's only one way to get better: Experience.

That means, you're just gonna have to pick up your balls, put them back into your sack, and just do it, one of these days. Maybe not with this girl specifically, but you've just gotta pick your moment, and force yourself to follow through.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Look, we get it.

But I'm sorry to tell you, there's only one way to get better: Experience.

That means, you're just gonna have to pick up your balls, put them back into your sack, and just do it, one of these days. Maybe not with this girl specifically, but you've just gotta pick your moment, and force yourself to follow through.

yeah, I know. I'll learn from this experience the danger of telling too many people.

2 minutes ago, spwath said:

yeah, I know. I'll learn from this experience the danger of telling too many people.

Frankly, if you like a girl, don't tell anyone. Or if you must, just tell your best friend, and swear them to secrecy. Who you like is no ones business but you and the person you like.

As horrible as those people are, you made yourself an easy target since apparently everyone knew? You don't want to be "That guy" in the friend group who has a sad pathetic crush on one of the friends but won't do anything about it.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Frankly, if you like a girl, don't tell anyone. Or if you must, just tell your best friend, and swear them to secrecy. Who you like is no ones business but you and the person you like.

As horrible as those people are, you made yourself an easy target since apparently everyone knew? You don't want to be "That guy" in the friend group who has a sad pathetic crush on one of the friends but won't do anything about it.

yeah, that seems to make sense.

I feel like I was "that guy" this time.

5 minutes ago, spwath said:

yeah, that seems to make sense.

I feel like I was "that guy" this time.

if nothing else, at least talk to her again. Please. For your sake, for her sake, and for the sake of the relationship, however romantic (or not) it may be.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

if nothing else, at least talk to her again. Please. For your sake, for her sake, and for the sake of the relationship, however romantic (or not) it may be.

yeah, I will. It definitely seems nessicary.

@spawth. That really sucks, it sounds like this fiasco is more a result of people being awful than anything you did (save for being a bit too trusting). Still, make sure you apologize (like talk to her, not text or snapchat) asap.

11 minutes ago, EminentSun said:

@spawth. That really sucks, it sounds like this fiasco is more a result of people being awful than anything you did (save for being a bit too trusting). Still, make sure you apologize (like talk to her, not text or snapchat) asap.

yeah I will. I'm thinking I should have done it before, but I'll do it now asap.

I feel bad because I did still cause this whole mess for her.

1 hour ago, VMarshall said:

Hello, OP

I have a good suggestion how to actually date a girl.

We all know friend zone right? Its either your timing or it's too fast to say " I love you, wanna be my gf " ?.

You need to build a trust first, you need to respect her, but i don't telling you to full dedicate your life for her.

Make her, comfort on ya side. 2-3 yr and you can ask her. Thats how to be not friendzoned.

And plz don't ask her to send nudez lmao

That's really bad advice.

Want some good advice? Just walk up to her and go "hey, wanna go on a date this weekend?".

She will understand what you mean. That it's not just "wanna hang out as friends".

You don't need to say those hard "I like you" words. It's easier to ask someone out if you don't give yourself so many words you can stumble over, like if you were to say "so I like you, and I was thinking maybe you like me so how about... bla bla bla". It will make things less awkward too.

There is no pressure about feelings needing to be absolutely mutual at the start. If you two enjoy the date then maybe she will consider it even if she was unsure to begin with.

She will have an easy way to reject you without being brutally honest about it ("sorry, I am busy this weekend").

Things would be a lot simpler if people didn't overthink and blow things out of proportions.

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

Things would be a lot simpler if people didn't overthink and blow things out of proportions.

unfortunately, it is much to late for that.

I have now apologized to her (over text but still).

hopefully things will still be good.

Did I just read a cliche anime?

If this girl got "hurt" by that dumb "prank" she's 12.

Move on and don't waste time on the emotionally immature.

System: i7-4790K | Asus Maximus Formula VII | 16GB (4x4) Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | 2x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 | Thermalfake Core P3 | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (OS) | WD 1TB | EVGA G2 850W | Windows Non-Consentual 10

Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Samsung UN48JU6700

Sound: Sony STR-DN1050 receiver | Athena AS-B2 (Desk) | Sony SS-CS3 (TV area) | Sennheiser HD280 Pro (Mobile/Sound Recording)

Mobile: ZTE Axon 7

Hrm...well don't take any advice from Mr Reject 4 times...

At least all of the rejects were like "sorry but I don't want a relationship right now" or "Your a nice guy but sorry, not interested"...

Lonely, ever so lonely... ;-; 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I talked to her (over text) and things are all good. She doesn't want a relationship out anything, but we are still friends.

not the outcome I was hoping, but things are still all good.

2 hours ago, spwath said:

I talked to her (over text) and things are all good. She doesn't want a relationship out anything, but we are still friends.

not the outcome I was hoping, but things are still all good.

At least you tried, which is more than a lot of people do.