date tips

spwath
15 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

I'll give you a tip that I was told about.. Go watch a movie. After that, go to a restaurant. The reason is because if you go you won't have enough time to talk. But if you spend your time watching the movie first then go eat, you'll have the time. :D 

This is a good tip. Also, if you run out of things to talk about you can always fall back to talking about the movie. :P Alsooo you can kiss her in the movies. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Sorry for spamming this topic but if all else fails, you can just read her your signature on here.

Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

You're hyping yourself up too much - making too big a deal about it.

TL;DR you're overthinking it all. If she's not alone, just go up to her and be like "Hey <insert sexy-ass name here>, do you have a minute?", while nodding off to the side.

She'll say "Sure" because she's not a terrible person.

Then you go in for the "kill" so to speak, and just spit it out.

i do tend to overhype/overthink things...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Tell her about your GTX 1080 and she'll immediately become your gf and you will have a manstache

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:06 PM, Hackentosher said:

Sooo?

well... Things didn't go so well. A long chain of events happened, and now it would be a very bad idea for me to ask her out. It would just hurt both of us. And I don't want to do that to her... Again....

things didn't work out so well, but that's that. Oh well.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

10 hours ago, spwath said:

well... Things didn't go so well. A long chain of events happened, and now it would be a very bad idea for me to ask her out. It would just hurt both of us. And I don't want to do that to her... Again....

What did you do...

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

What did you do...

nothing I did.. Just a series of unfortunate events.

either way, things are ok. A bit Awkward, but we are still friends.

I may or may not explain more later.

25 minutes ago, spwath said:

Well shit, you found out she's taken

- snip-

4 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Well shit, you found out she's taken

no.

long story. Ill post it now after I write what happened.

16 hours ago, spwath said:

*sigh*I knew 8 shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. 

ASU

1 hour ago, spwath said:

saying it like that makes it sound like you did something

Now we all want to know

PROJECT MOGARCPU: i5 4690k @ 4.9 Ghz CPU CoolerCorsair H100i in Pull on top Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB) 2133 Mhz  PSU: EVGA G2 850W SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250 GB HDD: WD Black 1TB Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout II

4 minutes ago, Acerpwns said:

saying it like that makes it sound like you did something

Now we all want to know

ok. Here it is:

some of the wrong people found out that I liked her/planned to ask her out. Then everyone on the team found out, including her.

apparently she got upset by this because everyone knew.

then someone pranked my hotel room (this was a trip, we were at a hotel, people do pranks) and put pictures of her on our bathroom floor along with a heart with our initials in it. Everyone saw this too. Then she got more upset. It was just a mess.

I feel bad because I kind of caused some of this drama.

long story short, my team is a bunch of gossiping drama queens.

5 minutes ago, spwath said:

*hugs monitor* Sorry about that.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

13 minutes ago, spwath said:

ok. Here it is:

some of the wrong people found out that I liked her/planned to ask her out. Then everyone on the team found out, including her.

then someone pranked my hotel room (this was a trip, we were at a hotel, people do pranks) and put pictures of her on our bathroom floor along with a heart with our initials in it. Everyone saw this too. Then she got more upset. It was just a mess.

Ask her out on another date to make up for it. And stop with your real life status updates!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

17 minutes ago, spwath said:

then someone pranked my hotel room (this was a trip, we were at a hotel, people do pranks) and put pictures of her on our bathroom floor along with a heart with our initials in it.

Wow, are your classmates literally 12 years old? Because that's really immature.

So, did she get upset at you or them? If she defended you, that's a good sign (except if she "defended" you buy saying "we're just friends").

11 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

*hugs monitor* Sorry about that.

It's all good, I just feel bad about what it did to her.

but we are still friends.

but yeah, unfortunate events...

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Ask her out on another date to make up for it. And stop with your real life status updates!

not yet/not good idea.

I'll make a good update right now.

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

Wow, are your classmates literally 12 years old? Because that's really immature.

So, did she get upset at you or them? If she defended you, that's a good sign (except if she "defended" you buy saying "we're just friends").

she got upset at them. We were fine. I don't know exactly what happened. But she wasn't mad at me.

yeah, idk... I thought we were high school seniors. I guess not...

6 minutes ago, spwath said:

ok. Here it is:

Well, sorry for you.

Don't worry. Time will pass, you'll have new opportunities.

Sometimes, to succeed, you must fail a couple times! One lost, ten found. I know you're not in the mood for that right now, but I think you should try to meet more girls in the future. It doesn't mean to ask any girl out! But by meeting new girls, you'll get better "social skills" with them! And if you get rejected a couple times, you'll start to realize it's not the end of the world. You may reject some girls yourself ;) By the time, you'll get more confident, you'll start to learn what you like and doesn't like in a girl and you'll find the good one! 

Don't be traumatize by what happened, force yourself to meet new girls (get started with Tinder if you're scared of "real" girls!), learn that failure isn't that bad and develop social skills! If it scares you or are not confident about it, you should probably do it! ;)

And please, tell your "friends" how stupid they were. Don't let them get away with it without saying anything or else they might do stuff like that to you again.

3 minutes ago, spwath said:

but yeah, unfortunate events...

not yet/not good idea.

It sucks that your entire team has to be a bunch of immature twats. Must make up for it sooner or later. Don't want to live with this bad event, for the rest of your life.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 hours ago, spwath said:

ok. Here it is:

Those people are asshats, in the most offensive sense of the word.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

While obviously the OPs Friends/Teammates are fuckwits, I really have to wonder how many people the OP told about their plan so that everyone but the girl knew by the end....

she knew too.

yeah, I told too many people. I told just 2 at first, then things got out of hand. Was my fault/some others.

35 minutes ago, spwath said:

she knew too.

yeah, I told too many people. I told just 2 at first, then things got out of hand. Was my fault/some others.

Yeah, so if she knew you were going to ask her out before the whole 'stunt' was pulled by your team.. I dunno what to say.  You clearly made way, way, way too much of a production out of this.  You were just going to ask a girl out, making it 'a thing' is the worst thing you can do.  I get that you're young and experienced and you get ideas of what the whole relationship 'could be' and planing out the 'perfect' way to ask them to 'ensure the relationship', as if it were a GameFAQ where you just had to make the right moves to get the 'good ending' but that's not how it really works.  If two people like each other, if there's any chemistry or mutual feelings, you really can just say 'Hey, I like you, want to get coffee or something sometime?' and that's all there is to it.  It' simple, it's easy, and uncomplicated, if you get rejected, well, you tried, it didn't work, you move on.

7 hours ago, spwath said:

ok. Here it is:

What? Are you hanging out with a bunch of 12 year olds?

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |