date tips

spwath

yeah this is a tech forum full of nerds like me but whatever.

first, me: 17, senior in high school, never dated a girl/asked out a girl before.

I plan to ask out this girl, I'm freinds with her, we do a bunch of stuff together (with other people to though). So a while ago she was telling my friend good ideas for a date, and one thing she said was that her perfect date would be a nice hike in the woods. My plan: Ask her to a date hike thing at this place 45 min away, It's these cool cliffs/beach things on lake Ontario, at sunset would be really pretty.

thoughts? Sound good? How do I actually ask her? Never done this before.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

45 minutes ago, spwath said:

yeah this is a tech forum full of nerds like me but whatever.

first, me: 17, senior in high school, never dated a girl/asked out a girl before.

I plan to ask out this girl, I'm freinds with her, we do a bunch of stuff together (with other people to though). So a while ago she was telling my friend good ideas for a date, and one thing she said was that her perfect date would be a nice hike in the woods. My plan: Ask her to a date hike thing at this place 45 min away, It's these cool cliffs/beach things on lake Ontario, at sunset would be really pretty.

thoughts? Sound good? How do I actually ask her? Never done this before.

Get all of your advise from The Big Bang Theory, Friends, and not me because I obviously know nothing. Also, I here that the Star Wars forum has some good dating advice. Haha

2 minutes ago, CapedCrusader21 said:

Get all of your advise from The Big Bang Theory, Friends, and not me because I obviously know nothing. Also, I here that the Star Wars forum has some good dating advice. Haha

also how I met your mother.

6 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

That sounds alright.

Just wing it and don't be afraid of shit. The worst she could do if she's a friend of yours is say no.

problem, I'm afraid of shit.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

4 minutes ago, spwath said:

also how I met your mother.

If you are afraid then say that you are afraid to start out. Also, say that the best advice you got was from a tech forum and she will excuse any and all weirdness because of how comical that is.

5 minutes ago, spwath said:

I would start small.  Hiking would be a long day, plus the drive.  Start with something close by that doesn't require a huge time investment.  Also something that let's either one of you bail if things go south.  Bowling is one idea.

10 minutes ago, elkenrod said:

I would start small.  Hiking would be a long day, plus the drive.  Start with something close by that doesn't require a huge time investment.  Also something that let's either one of you bail if things go south.  Bowling is one idea.

that might be a better idea, yeah. Start small.

19 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Fuck.

I mean,I can get over it. Just got to face my fears.

You said your friends with her already so that's a plus. It means you most likely have things in common. Don't treat it as a date. Treat it like you normally would. Just be yourself. Trust me on this. Failed many times trying to be anything but myself and wound up being single till I was 23.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Just don't get love advice from Ted Mosby of How I Met Your Mother 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Sounds like a good idea, but keep your expectations low. First dates are usually just to get the feel for the person, see how they work on their own. Second can maybe be a bit more romantic and you can progress from there. At the end of the day, you just need to be yourself and keep the conversation going. Try not to talk about yourself too much. People love talking about themselves, but they won't want to listen to you ramble on about how great you are forever. Don't be an ass, open the car door for her, open any other doors for her, and pay for lunch or dinner or whatever unless she absolutely insists that you two split the check.

ASU

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

Just don't get love advice from Ted Mosby of How I Met Your Mother 

yeah, gotta go for barneys advice.

I'll try the naked man.

jk....

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Sounds like a good idea, but keep your expectations low. First dates are usually just to get the feel for the person, see how they work on their own. Second can maybe be a bit more romantic and you can progress from there. At the end of the day, you just need to be yourself and keep the conversation going. Try not to talk about yourself too much. People love talking about themselves, but they won't want to listen to you ramble on about how great you are forever. Don't be an ass, open the car door for her, open any other doors for her, and pay for lunch or dinner or whatever unless she absolutely insists that you two split the check.

ok, thanks for the advice.

now I just need to... Actually ask her.

1 minute ago, spwath said:

ok, thanks for the advice.

now I just need to... Actually ask her.

My tip for you is just the tip xD No in all seriousness, just casually ask her. In person is preferred, but if you don't see each other that often then text works. Literally think of a first date as just hanging out, just the two of you. Probably shouldn't be too romantic as you just want to get to know her better here, but hey, you do you. Just go up to her and say something like, "Hey, you want to go hike Lake Toronto some time?" She says yes, boom. You're golden. She says no, it's still probably all good. We're all old enough not to be too petty about these things. She's not going to avoid you like the plague because she rejected you, this isn't middle school. If she does, she was never worth your time even as a friend.

ASU

5 minutes ago, spwath said:

yeah, gotta go for barneys advice.

I'll try the naked man.

jk....

6 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I'm more into Lily and Marshall. I'm not into writing a Playbook.

But always remember the Bro Code: "Bros before Hoes". 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

So is that it? Did he just have a heart attack from the anxiety? Did he grow a pair and ask her out? the suspense is killing me!

ASU

Live in same city my broski. Tbh girls from our city like open guys, Just go out with her and straight up ask

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

3 minutes ago, Goodman2265 said:

Live in same city my broski. Tbh girls from our city like open guys, Just go out with her and straight up ask

Lol I think that's all girls, not just the ones from your town.

ASU

8 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

So is that it? Did he just have a heart attack from the anxiety? Did he grow a pair and ask her out? the suspense is killing me!

I went to sleep.

I'm asking her out sometime this week, not now. You will have to wait through the suspense.

1 minute ago, spwath said:

I'm asking her out sometime this week, not now. You will have to wait through the suspense.

But it is valentines day. 

- snip-

1 minute ago, MrDynamicMan said:

But it is valentines day. 

it is, but two reasons:

don't want to be a cliche

I'm not going to have a good opportunity today. This weekend going out with friends (including her), and I should have some good opportunities.

13 minutes ago, spwath said:

it is, but two reasons:

don't want to be a cliche

I'm not going to have a good opportunity today. This weekend going out with friends (including her), and I should have some good opportunities.

In this context though,

A) shed probably see it as cute, not cliche.

B) weekend with friends aint really the best time.

- snip-

3 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

In this context though,

A) shed probably see it as cute, not cliche.

B) weekend with friends aint really the best time.

a) idk...

b) maybe,I would have to see if there was a time we were alone.

but next week (we are both on ski team) the team is taking a 4 day trip to Canada, there should be some good opportunities then.