IS THIS A GOOD GAMING PC?

4 minutes ago, Maxbrown said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CTPbd6 

Is that a good gaming pc and would it all work together and if you have any advice i would love to hear and also put you pc below so we can all see it 

it's reasonable, but could you budget in Kaby Lake or Skylake? They don't cost that much more but offer a little better performance, but it isn't worth anymore than say $100.  

edit* You should also try to add an SSD

Yours faithfully

If you want the best value, get rid of the h100i, get a non-k i5, and a b85 chipset mobo, non-modular psu and cheaper case. If you dont really care about value, then its fine I guess

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

9 minutes ago, Maxbrown said:

Is that a good gaming pc and would it all work together and if you have any advice i would love to hear and also put you pc below so we can all see it 

To answer your question, yes it is. There are somethings you could do to it.

To help you further we would need to know:

- Do you plan on overclocking?

- Goals for this PC?

- What kind of Games do you play?

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

I would like to play AAA games but also some like ark, rust and Arma III Ect. as for overclocking I think it would be good but not sure. I would be using this PC for gaming and school work not much video editing and I don't think I will stream with it.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Maxbrown said:

I would like to play AAA games but also some like ark, rust and Arma III Ect. as for overclocking I think it would be good but not sure. I would be using this PC for gaming and school work not much video editing and I don't think I will stream with it.

Thanks

No problem, just remember to quote people when you respond. I only saw your answer cause I was looking for it :P

If you aren't video editing, the i5 you have is fine, but if you don't want to overclock, I would go for a non-k variant of that CPU.

I would also skimp on the PSU a little and fit an SSD in your build, but other than that it looks good!

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

2 minutes ago, Maxbrown said:

Thanks

Well, you're paying an extra few hundret for overclocking capabilities, and sure, when overclocked, the i5 4690K can destroy most non K skylake and Kaby Lake i5's and some i7's for gaming, but overclocking isn't needed unless you really wanna hammer those settings to ultra for 1080p, or high 1080p 144Hz gaming. 

Yours faithfully

13 minutes ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

A H100i with a locked cpu ? Total overkill.

Also no need for a 650W psu as you can't SLI the GTX 1060.

Just now, JR8 said:

No problem, just remember to quote people when you respond. I only saw your answer cause I was looking for it :P

If you aren't video editing, the i5 you have is fine, but if you don't want to overclock, I would go for a non-k variant of that CPU.

I would also skimp on the PSU a little and fit an SSD in your build, but other than that it looks good!

oh Thaks I didn't know how to reply and what would you recommend to have for the PSU?

20 minutes ago, Maxbrown said:

What is your budget ? 

1 minute ago, Maxbrown said:

oh Thaks I didn't know how to reply and what would you recommend to have for the PSU?

EVGA B1 or B2 series. Maybe a Nova if you can find one on sale.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

1 minute ago, JR8 said:

EVGA B1 or B2 series. Maybe a Nova if you can find one on sale.

Nooo not B1. B2 is fine

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Nooo not B1. B2 is fine

Read my Sig. Yes, i'm that guy.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

1 minute ago, JR8 said:

Read my Sig. Yes, i'm that guy.

Just because someone has it doesn't mean they should recommend it to everyone. 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Just because someone has it doesn't mean they should recommend it to everyone. 

True, but I've used (3 or 4) EVGA B1 PSU's because my friends were really tight on budget, and none of them blew up on me or did anything wierd. 

My 700B is supplying 2.95v to my OCed 2500k, and it's perfectly stable.

Maybe for the OP in this case, B2 would probably be better :D....

But I recommend the B1 series as an option nonetheless.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

2 minutes ago, JR8 said:

True, but I've used (3 or 4) EVGA B1 PSU's because my friends were really tight on budget, and none of them blew up on me or did anything wierd. 

My 700B is supplying 2.95v to my OCed 2500k, and it's perfectly stable.

Maybe for the OP in this case, B2 would probably be better :D....

But I recommend the B1 series as an option nonetheless.

Would you say that 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Power-Supplies/Corsair-9020098-VS650-ATX-EPS-PLUS-Unit/B00PGUSEBG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487006847&sr=8-1&keywords=650w+psu

is a good chose? 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6vcQBP

dropped the watercooler. waste of money. a non k intel cpu is not overclockable, so a cheap cooler will do the job. cheaper motherboard with same functionality. A SSD.

i vote 480 over 1060 but its your call. your choice of PSU is good. but a 550W one is sufficient enough. the rmx series also have a 550W option.

3 minutes ago, Maxbrown said:

It has high reviews on amazon, which is good, but, it is rated tier 6 on the PSU tier list. I would recommend it fine, I think it's a good PSU, but I would want to hear @deXxterlab97's opinion on this one, as I have never used that exact model from corsair before.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

Check this list, anything TIER 1 to 3 is good

33 minutes ago, JR8 said:

It has high reviews on amazon, which is good, but, it is rated tier 6 on the PSU tier list. I would recommend it fine, I think it's a good PSU, but I would want to hear @deXxterlab97's opinion on this one, as I have never used that exact model from corsair before.

How is this build?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Max_Brown/saved/gcbVnQ