Apparently the Switch Hardware Specs Has been Leak

GoodBytes

This is nothing more than a rumor on Reddit, so please take it with a grain of salt.

Apparently a certain dev accidentally leak Switch the hardware specs of the Nintendo Switch.

It says that the:

• CPU: Quad core ARM A57 CPU - 3 cores is available for devs. Max clock rate is 2GHz.
  • GPU: Nvidia second gen Maxwell architecture - with 256 CUDA cores with a max clock rate of 1 GHz.
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Storage: 32GB 400MB/s
  • Max Video output: 1080p 60fps, UHD (4K) 30fps
  • Display is 6.2inch IPS 720p panel

switch_hardware_specs.png?w=1024

In addition, the following is revealed:

·  HD Rumble’s technical name is a Linear resonant actuator
    ·  When in handheld mode, the Switch will have an unlock screen like a smartphone to prevent accidental waking.
    ·  The Switch features a Quick Menu. Press and hold the HOME Button for at least one second to display the Quick Settings screen on top of all other screens, including the HOME Menu and any applications. Unlike the 3DS, the active software will not be suspended when this menu is invoked
    ·  The Switch’s keyboard will feature predictive text such as those on iOS and Android
    ·  System Settings will allow the user to edit the following settings:
    ·  Flight Mode Toggle
    ·  Enable/Disable Bluetooth
    ·  Manage Wi-fi
    ·  Managed NFC
    ·  Manage screen brightness
    ·  Game cards come in 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, or 32 GB variations

Source: https://mynintendonews.com/2017/02/13/rumour-nintendo-switch-developer-information-leaked-including-hardware-specifications/

So there you go. these look fairly realistic to me.

I'm pretty sure the second gen Maxwell GPU means it's Tegra X1, the Tegra X2 is Pascal. First generation Maxwell was actually released with low end Kepler cards such as the GTX 750 ti. There was no first generation Tegra.

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:
  • GPU: Nvidia second gen Maxwell architecture - with 256 CUDA cores with a max clock rate of 1 GHz (So, the never released Tegra X2 chip)

Umm... Wasn't the X1 second gen Maxwell? It's GM20B. And it was clocked at 1GHz.

And the A57 cores on the X1 were clocked at 1.9Ghz

Literally those CPU/GPU specs look like the X1 with the A53 cores ripped out.

4 minutes ago, ChickenCake248 said:

I'm pretty sure the second gen Maxwell GPU means it's Tegra X1, the Tegra X2 is Pascal. First generation Maxwell was actually released with low end Kepler cards such as the GTX 750 ti. There was no first generation Tegra.

That would be Tegra P1, for Pascal.

Correction on post. Yes it is the Tegra X1, but the fastest model, and slight overclocked (1.9GHz is the specs, if Wiki is correct, this is 2GHz... it could be a due that it is a  die shrink version... this is my guess)

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Correct on post. Yes it is the Tegra X1, but the fastest model, and slight overclocked (1.9GHz is the specs, if Wiki is correct, this is 2GHz... it could be a due that it is a  die shrink version... this is my guess)

More likely the extra thermal/power headroom from ripping out the A53 cores allowed them to get an extra 100MHz

No thunderbolt so I wonder how true the external GPU is now. (Provided this is true of course)

i did maths , 1ghz and 256 maxwell cuda cores is a GTX 960 divided by 4 , so yea , MEH 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, JAKEBAB said:

No thunderbolt so I wonder how true the external GPU is now. (Provided this is true of course)

This is also a Dev leak reportedly which means that it could very likely be based on developer hardware kits and not a final unit.

The chances of the switch having Thunderbolt-3 is negligible since it would require chipset support and, AFAIK, Intel hasn't let any other chipset manufacturer implement it.

That being said, Nvidia Tegras do have a proprietary interlink for connecting to discrete graphics (that's how the Drive PX2 manages to have 2 Tegras + 2 discrete GPUs working together) so it's entirely possible that Nvidia could run this proprietary protocol as a USB Alternate Mode. Alternate Modes aren't super difficult to set up, can be used for pretty much any encapsulated or encapsulatable serial data protocol, and can even use more bandwidth than standard USB 3.1 (eg. Thunderbolt 3).

TL;DR: It doesn't need Thunderbolt to have an external GPU.

4 minutes ago, Deletist_Jerk said:

32GB storage for the whole console? Or just the mobile part?

The dock has no storage. That part has been released officially.

32GB in the handheld. Plus MicroSD support in the handheld and external hard drive support for the dock.

So can it run Crysis now?

If history has said anything is that you can run Trine 1/2 on a Tegra K1, which has balls good graphics already even at the lowest possible settings. Guess the X1 at 1080p is truly gonna be a charm, even with intensive games, being Skyrim not one of those of course. Hopefully people will at least be getting the remastered version in there xD.

Groomlake Authority

22 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

This is also a Dev leak reportedly which means that it could very likely be based on developer hardware kits and not a final unit.

The chances of the switch having Thunderbolt-3 is negligible since it would require chipset support and, AFAIK, Intel hasn't let any other chipset manufacturer implement it.

That being said, Nvidia Tegras do have a proprietary interlink for connecting to discrete graphics (that's how the Drive PX2 manages to have 2 Tegras + 2 discrete GPUs working together) so it's entirely possible that Nvidia could run this proprietary protocol as a USB Alternate Mode. Alternate Modes aren't super difficult to set up, can be used for pretty much any encapsulated or encapsulatable serial data protocol, and can even use more bandwidth than standard USB 3.1 (eg. Thunderbolt 3).

TL;DR: It doesn't need Thunderbolt to have an external GPU.

So you are suggesting that the Add-on, assuming everything true is not an external GPU, but rather just another Tegra.. maybe the X2 or P1. Which is possible if it is released in 1-2 years from now.

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

So you are suggesting that the Add-on, assuming everything true is not an external GPU, but rather just another Tegra.. maybe the X2 or P1. Which is possible if it is released in 1-2 years from now.

No I'm suggesting it's more likely it's a discrete GPU using the Tegra interconnect, rather than a standard GPU chipset using standard PCIe over Thunderbolt 3.

Similar to the discrete GPUs in the Drive PX2.

8 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Soo... PS Pro?

if you can play on the go, sure

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

19 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

17 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

No I'm suggesting it's more likely it's a discrete GPU using the Tegra interconnect, rather than a standard GPU chipset using standard PCIe over Thunderbolt 3.

Similar to the discrete GPUs in the Drive PX2.

Just to add on this:

The rumors for the add-on say it's using something very close if not identical to a GP106.

All the recent rumors for the Drive PX2 say the GPUs paired with the Parkers in it are GP106s.

Seems like an awefully convenient coincidence. If the GP106 die supports whatever stripped down interconnect that the Drive PX2 is using, I see no reason the switch couldn't pump that over a USB3.1 type-C alternate mode and have a console that is essentially half of a Drive PX2 (albiet with a modified X1 in place of a Parker, and none of the random car chipset stuff).

So basically it's like an nvidia shield with Nintendo OS.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I thought Nintendo confirmed that the Switch will be no more powerful docked than undocked.

I used to be quite active here.

2 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

I thought Nintendo confirmed that the Switch will be no more powerful docked than undocked.

Yeah, but there's a rumor of a Supplemental Computing device coming down the road that will offer additional compute while docked, or replace the dock entirely based on another Foxconn leak.

1 hour ago, JAKEBAB said:

i never heard anything about an external GPU o.O

all i heard was the dock would just allow the thing to run faster (because more power available)

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i never heard anything about an external GPU o.O

all i heard was the dock would just allow the thing to run faster (because more power available)

Fairly recent rumor: 

21 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

No, they said that the game will be visually the same docked and undocked. But, we know that in order to get the 1080p performance, the hardware has to clock faster. It to be expected that Nintendo own games will target this goal, but third party games might have minor visuals drop (mostly polygon count and maybe a small reduction in draw distance)  in undock then dock, especially those with really fancy graphics, that needs every drop of performance it can. A lot of it might be invisible to us, gamers, due to the 720p screen.