Linustechtips Forums Is so Ducking Slow!!!

NerdyCoder
Go to solution Solved by Blade of Grass,

Locked. 

If someone has a complaint about the speed of the forum, please feel free to create a new thread about it or PM @colonel_mortis or myself about it. If you're going to do so, the information that you need to send with the complaint (so that we can help you) is available at this link: https://linustechtips.com/cdn-cgi/trace (colo, spdy, http, loc) 

Oh my ducking god! Linustechtips forums is so ducking slow! It ducking takes 2 minutes to ducking load a post! Why the duck is this ducking happening to me? I have 100mbps internet, and the internet isn't slow except on the ltt forums! Fix this right now!

Edited by Blade of Grass
traded Fucks for Ducks; removed UPPERCASE

DUE TO MANY REQUESTS I HAVE LEFT THIS FORUM FOREVER.

Where are you located? 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1. Calm yo tits.

2. The forum is working just fine. Issue's most likely on your end.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

its not slow for me

i have a 10mbps line and i am probably 10000km away from ltt server

Calm down bro!

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Where are you located? 

South korea

10 minutes ago, Bwithnewcast said:

"snip"

It's linus's fault.

Edited by tobben
Removed hidden quote.

Please be aware that this forum is used actively used and read by young members so the use of profanity is inappropriate. as such your OP was slightly modified to be more ducking appropriate. 

That said what is running slow for you on the forum?  I am not having issues on my laptop/desktop or mobile phone. Is it possible that you have an addon or plugin that is playing poorly with the site?

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

5 minutes ago, GzeroD said:

Please be aware that this forum is used actively used and read by young members so the use of profanity is inappropriate. as such your OP was slightly modified to be more ducking appropriate. 

That said what is running slow for you on the forum?  I am not having issues on my laptop/desktop or mobile phone. Is it possible that you have an addon or plugin that is playing poorly with the site?

No, I have no addons on my browser. My internet is very fast even on USA sites. Everything takes 2 minuites to load on the ltt forums.

If you are located far from hosting it is possible that there is some bad routing going on causing longer than usual access times for some sites. Is LTT the only affected site for you right now?

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

4 minutes ago, GzeroD said:

If you are located far from hosting it is possible that there is some bad routing going on causing longer than usual access times for some sites. Is LTT the only affected site for you right now?

YES!

Can you go to https://linustechtips.com/cdn-cgi/trace and paste the last 4 lines (colo, spdy, http, loc) here?

Also, please don't post content with all uppercase text, it's quite annoying to read. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

ooh, the server that i'm using is in ATL. :) thats good

i like trains 🙂

1 hour ago, NerdyCoder said:

Oh my ducking god! Linustechtips forums is so ducking slow! It ducking takes 2 minutes to ducking load a post! Why the duck is this ducking happening to me? I have 100mbps internet, and the internet isn't slow except on the ltt forums! Fix this right now!

1 hour ago, NerdyCoder said:

South korea

Wasn't there someone with the username VengeanceGamer who was also from South Korea and who used the same foul language?

Who had a similar issue of a broken laptop keyboard?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Im not that person.

5 hours ago, NerdyCoder said:

Wow, I wouldn't expect much help when you speak like that.

As an aside, I have a 5-15Mbps connection, and I'm in NZ, where all the internet for our country comes through three subsea cables. And yet, it's perfectly fast. The only issue is 1080p streaming from Floatplane, which isn't surprising.

I'd try restarting your network stuff (router etc) and probably your PC too. It's definitely on your end.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Attention posting?

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

7 hours ago, NerdyCoder said:

Fix this right now!

would you like a side of caviar with his majesty's royal forum fixing?

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

33 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

would you like a side of caviar with his majesty's royal forum fixing?

Wait, you guys give out free caviar?  I want some!  Do you charge for shipping? :o

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Wait, you guys give out free caviar?  I want some!  Do you charge for shipping? :o

depends where you live

within micronesia, it's free

anywere outside, it's 10 cents per mile

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

6 hours ago, NerdyCoder said:

Im not that person.

I guess that was a typo when I offered to replace your laptop keyboard for a low cost earlier.

Korea.png

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440