4Pin/ push button switch for Power & Reset

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
2 minutes ago, titaniumshield said:

YUp. Just one last thing I'm no expert or familiar with electronics but i just know how to google things. So how will i check the polarity?

For the LED you can use the multimeter most will have a diode check and light up the LED, if not you can use a 3V coin cell and check which way lights up the LED. 

I recent bought some 4 pin push button switch for a custom power and reset switch. Problem being i don't know how to wire it. This switch has 4 pin or prongs. My purpose is it use the button for power and reset switch and i want to use the in build led for HDD & Power LED. How do i wire it for this purpose?

Power.JPG

Power2.JPG

Keep it simple.

22 minutes ago, titaniumshield said:

I recent bought some 4 pin push button switch for a custom power and reset switch. Problem being i don't know how to wire it. This switch has 4 pin or prongs. My purpose is it use the button for power and reset switch and i want to use the in build led for HDD & Power LED. How do i wire it for this purpose?

Most are 4 pins but are just for stability where two are a matching or commoned together, use a multi-meter and check to see which two pins have continuity. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Most are 4 pins but are just for stability where two are a matching or commoned together, use a multi-meter and check to see which two pins have continuity. 

Alright thanks for the information. So after that step how do i wire it?

Keep it simple.

1 minute ago, titaniumshield said:

Alright thanks for the information. So after that step how do i wire it?

Once you pin the connections that make contact when the switch is depressed, you just hook it to the two pins for the power switch on the front panel IO, similarly with the 2 small pins for the LED, just note the polarity for those. You will only be able to use it for either power or HDD LED however not both.

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

Once you pin the connections that make contact when the switch is depressed, you just hook it to the two pins for the power switch on the front panel IO, similarly with the 2 small pins for the LED, just note the polarity for those. You will only be able to use it for either power or HDD LED however not both.

I have two of these switches. One is for Power button + power LED and the other one is for Rest button + HDD LED.

Keep it simple.

4 minutes ago, titaniumshield said:

I have two of these switches. One is for Power button + power LED and the other one is for Rest button + HDD LED.

Oh ok in that case wiring both of them won't be any different just where you connect them to the front IO pins. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Oh ok in that case wiring both of them won't be any different just where you connect them to the front IO pins. 

YUp. Just one last thing I'm no expert or familiar with electronics but i just know how to google things. So how will i check the polarity?

Keep it simple.

2 minutes ago, titaniumshield said:

For the LED you can use the multimeter most will have a diode check and light up the LED, if not you can use a 3V coin cell and check which way lights up the LED. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Thanks a lot. :D

Keep it simple.