Anyone here preorder For Honor?

Kevin_Walter
2 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Preordering. In 2017. People never learn. What is the definition of insanity?

Pretty sure it's preaching about how evil preorders are over and over again and expecting reality to shift to a point where it actually matters.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

10 minutes ago, Kevin_Walter said:

Pretty sure it's preaching about how evil preorders are over and over again and expecting reality to shift to a point where it actually matters.

Ha. So your argument basically boils down to "everyone else does it." Something about jumping off cliffs here.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Preordering is for cheesecakes.

Edit: if you wanted real advice it would be best to post the question in Polygon's or IGN's comment fields, GameStop's Facebook page or The Escapist and other such places where basics live

What exactly do you mean by that?

His question didn't even pertain to preorders if you'd even bothered to read the OP.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, Kevin_Walter said:

I'd be lying if I said Andromeda didn't look somewhat decent, but Mass Effect 3 was probably the 3rd biggest disappointment of the last decade for me. Right behind Destiny and Fallout 4.

I used to want to play No Man's Sky, but I'm always wary of any games that have anything to do with "procedural generation". I've yet to see a game that does it really well and at least somewhat avoids the quick familiarity with the algorithm. And as for The Division... LOL. I'm glad I didn't buy it. A friend did because he thought it would be fun to play together. I made it to level 30 and finished the story and haven't touched it since. 

Yeah some of the rumors aren't too promising but I guess we'll see! I might buy it day of release just because a couple friends are getting it. Destiny is confusing as fuck. If I didn't have a buddy walking me through it for the first bit, and an instant level up to 40 I wouldn't have bothered.

The game was...interesting. But it was super repetitive. I actually don't mind The Division! If you have a couple of people to play with I find it's a lot of fun. If you don't have friends playing it, not so much. They've been working hard to balance it, and I think within the next year (they're supposed to focus hard on existing IP) I think it'll turn into a really solid game.

If you play alone, and you just keep getting raped in the Dark Zone by some asshole players it loses it's fun factor real fast.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 2/12/2017 at 9:48 PM, Atmos said:

No, because preordering is fucking anti-consumer and needs to be stopped for gaming as a whole to move forward. End of story.

If the game has all the content it should, unlocked and not behind paywalls at launch, then I'll buy the game like I've been planning. Ubishit is usually pretty good at least stemming pre-order bonuses though, so I doubt much if anything will be paywall locked. I've been in the last three closed alphas and participated in the open beta this weekend, so I at least have an understanding for the game already.

10 Years ago that was exactly the case. Then came internet piracy of games and that is what they used as an excuse to charge us TWICE the amount of the base game. Which is quite bullshit. I can assure anyone less than 1% of the gamer population actually pirates games if not less than .5% do when the selling of the game actually matters for statistics purposes.

13 hours ago, Kevin_Walter said:

People who preorder are the Reason no Demos exist anymore and so many Games are half finished or simply lies. You hurt your own hobby and dont even understand it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO