Luke Personal Rig Update - Geodude

nicklmg
23 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Nah, they're all glued down and not touching the glass so it should be fine. Plus he's unlikely to be moving the PC around very much.

Ye I seen that, but, how many times you seen glue fail, my RGB strip has to be pushed on daily in certain spots, if one of those rocks from up top falls down the case lol

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

How come you didn't use a HB SLI bridge? have you tested to see if theres a performance difference? Nvidia made such a big deal about that

What stood out to me was the Klevv memory and SSD. I'd never heard of them before and they caught my eye in the first 10 seconds. Did some research, and while they're not the fastest, they're pretty damn pretty.

Also as a fellow bearded man, I shed exactly one tear at the shaved face

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

16 minutes ago, Exothermia said:

How come you didn't use a HB SLI bridge? have you tested to see if theres a performance difference? Nvidia made such a big deal about that

It's a difference of maybe 1 - 2 FPS, many people have tested it and come to the same conclusion.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

This video was really A+. Seeing @Slick baby the parts and having this lowkey smile of joy the entire video is so fun to watch. Also loved the whimsical editing with the classical music. This might be one of my favourite LTT videos ever. That's one sexy Geodude. 

𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚕

So uh I'm pretty much inspired from this build to add a little rock to my build (nothing crazy like Luke, but just as an accent). Where can I find some red crystal like rock, like what Luke had but not amethyst crystal?

38 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

You'd be surprised how easily you can get them from amazon or eBay :P

Come on, don't be so rude and not include links! @Slick help us out here.. 

This was the best I could find. 

This does look freaking amazing! Well done Luke. 
I personally would consider to paint the case in some way, perhaps sprinkle it with soft purple as well. A subtle change to the silver would look amazing? I'm sure that Bob from BSMods would love to help you out on this? 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

4 minutes ago, ThatAngryGnome said:

So uh I'm pretty much inspired from this build to add a little rock to my build (nothing crazy like Luke, but just as an accent). Where can I find some red crystal like rock, like what Luke had but not amethyst crystal?

If you are from the US. Amazon does offer a fair amount of options here! 

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=red+crystals 

You can also simply google and see what pops up, it's not too difficult to find something.

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Are you going to post pictures on the builds thread???

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

Man, there are so many strikes against this idea:

• It makes removing/replacing parts a nightmare (as shown in the video)
  • It makes the case rediculously heavy
  • The stones can scratch or damage components and the case
  • The stones may severely inhibit airflow

That said... Damn. It looks good. Thank you Slick for doing what no sane person would do, since you can.:P

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

Geodude looks rockin', dude.

But I have to ask: Why not use Cryorig's R1 Ultimate, instead of the R1 Universal? You may not have needed to remove fins/bend the tower.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Wait, 1200p? I am glad to see someone else also plays at 16:10. So hard to find people playing at that aspect ratio.

My X99 Strix VRM exploded a few weeks in to using it, those boards seem doomed to fail. I hope Luke doesn't have any more issues with it.

Is that Linus brand "distilled" water used to clean the rocks?

33 minutes ago, zMeul said:

holy shit, that looks horrible o.O

I kind of like it, personal preference though.

The build is looking amazing. But please, change the SLI bridge.

Waiting for delivery: i7-6700HQ | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 | Acer Predator 17 G9-793 | 2x 8GB Kingston

i7-6700K | MSI RX 480 GAMING X 8G | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Corsair Carbide Air 540 black
i7-2600K | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | MSI Z68A-GD65 | 4x 8GB HyperX | Corsair Carbide Air 540 white
i3-3220T | Gigabyte GTX 660 OC | ASRock H77M-ITX | 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX | Bitfenix Prodigy white
i5-3550 | Intel HD 2500| ASRock B75M-ITX | 2x 4GB Kingston HyperX | Bitfenix Prodigy black
Pentium G3220 | Intel HD Graphics | ASRock B85M-ITX | 2x 4GB Kingston HyperX | Bitfenix Prodigy red
i3-4012Y | Intel HD 4200 | Lenovo Yoga 2 11 | 2x 2GB Samsung Chip

5 hours ago, RazrLeaf said:

Geodude looks rockin', dude.

But I have to ask: Why not use Cryorig's R1 Ultimate, instead of the R1 Universal? You may not have needed to remove fins/bend the tower.

The R1 Universal still wouldn't have fit because the the R1 is off-center. This makes it compatible with tall RAM on normal boards, but makes it worse for compatibility on X99 since the memory is on both sides of the socket. 

I would have gone with a Scythe Fuma myself. It would have fit in that space without need for modification since it's centered and smaller than the normal dual tower cooler (with only one fan, it fits entirely within the X99 keep-out zone), and it's cheaper, cooler, and quieter than the the Cryorig R1 (or Dark Rock Pro 3, or NH-D15, etc.) according to a number of reviews. Perhaps a bit dependent on high mounting pressure, though that shouldn't really be a concern given that this build isn't going to be moving a whole lot.

8 hours ago, RazrLeaf said:

Or even just go for the NH-D15(S), since it has RAM cutouts and is comparable in cooling performance to the Cryorig. Aesthetics-wise, he could then ditch the Noctua fan, use another 140mm fan - maybe even 3D print a cover plate for the heat sink, giving him an(other) excuse to play with a 3D printer - and it'd look pretty much the same and may even perform better.

This said, I love how it looks all together, it's a great rig and totally worth the wait to see it finally come together.