any ways to make money with my RX 460

Something like selling PC power or something

Planning on buying a r9 from GPUShack

My RX 460 is not compatible with my PC but for some reason mining cryptocurrency still works :/

Just need something passive to make at most $5 a day

1 minute ago, Workstations said:

Something like selling PC power or something

Planning on buying a r9 from GPUShack

My RX 460 is not compatible with my PC but for some reason mining cryptocurrency still works :/

Just need something passive to make at most $5 a day

why not sell it?

I thought meme coin mining died out at least 2 years ago.

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

I thought meme coin mining died out at least 2 years ago.

You can still do it, and make a bit of money

1 minute ago, Ethan Meskin said:

with the cost of power, no you don't really make money off of it (now, two years ago... maybe)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

with the cost of power, no you don't really make money off of it (now, two years ago... maybe)

if you have a rx 460 with no pcie power connectors you could probably do it (>75w). also if you dont have to pay for power it could work

3 minutes ago, Workstations said:

k so anyone know any services like: https://golem.network/

No idea how to install it

i would buy it from you if ya want?

13 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

A day working for McDonald's is more profitable than GPU coin mining.

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

A day working for McDonald's is more profitable than GPU coin mining.

depends. what if you dont pay for the power?

1 hour ago, Ethan Meskin said:

depends. what if you dont pay for the power?

Then a day editing old family videos / converting tape into digital media is going to be more profitable than coin mining. 

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

Then a day editing old family videos / converting tape into digital media is going to be more profitable than coin mining. 

that wont get you shit

Just now, Ethan Meskin said:

that wont get you shit

You can get a couple of bucks out of it. "Hey grampa, I'll get all those old videos of yours so you can watch them again for X money (depends on your currency), how about it?".

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

You can get a couple of bucks out of it. "Hey grampa, I'll get all those old videos of yours so you can watch them again for X money (depends on your currency), how about it?".

meh. bitcoin mining requires no physical effort, but tbh getting a mining module is smarter than gpu hashing

Just now, Ethan Meskin said:

meh. bitcoin mining requires no physical effort, but tbh getting a mining module is smarter than gpu hashing

Well, then tell me: if mining modules are worth it for making money, then why would companies sell them instead of using them?

Also, how was it that you were getting access to free power?

2 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Well, then tell me: if mining modules are worth it for making money, then why would companies sell them instead of using them?

Also, how was it that you were getting access to free power?

use someone elses, ;) parent, friend, roommate etc

3 minutes ago, Ethan Meskin said:

use someone elses, ;) parent, friend, roommate etc

Then you should rather ask them "yo, how about a deal: instead of me mining coins with your energy (and actually losing money), you give the cash straight to me instead of paying the power bill, so that we save the energy and prevent the polotion that comes when generating it. Deal?". Tell exactly that to your parents... er, your "friends" and see if they agree.

Sounds stupid? Yeah, exactly: bitcoin mining is stupid. There's a difference between "free power" and "free-to-me" power.

Then you should rather ask them "yo, how about a deal: instead of me mining coins with your energy (and actually losing money), you give the cash straight to me instead of paying the power bill, so that we save the energy and prevent the polotion that comes when generating it. Deal?". Tell exactly that to your parents... er, your "friends" and see if they agree.

Sounds stupid? Yeah, exactly: bitcoin mining is stupid. There's a difference between "free power" and "free-to-me" power.

They don't have to know ;) 

Hi! Coin mining is not dead, in fact, it is more alive than ever.

You can use this web page to view what you can mine and the possible profits : http://www.whattomine.com/coins

You can set the hardware that you have, and the electricity you pay

Bare in mind that the algorithm " Ethash " is one of the most demanding, and can seriously push your hardware to the limits.

I mine monero myself.

If you have any questions, I'll be glad to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Mining is not completely dead at all. More alive than ever like humbs just said, but at the same time it means it's larger than ever, but that's not a bad thing.

The RX 460 can mine at a bit less than half the rate of an RX 470, that can equate to anywhere from .30 to .60 cents profit a day depending on what your electrical costs are. It's almost not worth it, but yes it can still be done in 2017. RX 470's and 480's are still currently the sweet spot GPUs for mining altcoins or selling hashrate for bitcoins.

You also have to consider if you will hold onto the coins you mine or sell them right away. Value can appreciate, or depreciate just like any other market.