Antec GX500 Case Review

Guest Darth Revan

Worst piece of shit that I have ever seen. Whoever designed this case, needs to be executed. A no name 10$ case is build better and with better materials than this garbage.

Antec says the case can fit an ATX mobo. While that's true, it's barely true. Since the mobo barely fits in.

The cable management? Atrocious. It's basically non existing. In the left corner you'll find the cut out for the 4/8 pin power connector which is unusable. Since the mobo covers it up when installed. Sure you do some trickery with cables by forcing the cables as flat as possible by pushing the mobo on them but that's just insanely stupid.

The hdd tool-less mounting mechanism is the worst tool-less design ever. While it locks the hdd in, the hdd can still move freely up and down no problem, even securing it with screws doesn't fix the issue, Another thing regarding the hdd mounting, the sata power cables you have to jam them in such a way that when you close the side panel it might break the connect from the hard drive. The case also has a 2.5 inch ssd/hard drive mount place. You have to slide it in at an angle then push it down and then lock it with screws. While this is ok, the problem occurs once again with the cables. The sata power cable barely fits in, and once wrong move and you'll break the connector on the ssd/hdd.

Moving on to the 5.25 bay, the top one is useless. The metal is bend in such a way that it just doesn't fit the optical drive. It's not a 5.25 inch bay, it's more like 5.24. Just small enough so it won't fit. You can only use the second one. But once again the tool-less design is crap, because it just don't hold the drive in place. Luckily there are holes so you can screw it in.

Honestly I have more to say, but I think that's enough for now. I've had Antec products before, they were crap. Each one of them had some issue. And I promised myself to never buy an Antec product ever again. But I wanted a new case since I'm planning on upgrading my rig and the gpu that I wanted wouldn't fit in my current case.

And I don't have that much money plus I didn't want to spend a lot on the case. So I saw the Antec one and read some reviews on it and some YouTube videos and it looked like a great deal. Boy was I wrong. What I've learned is never to trust reviewers and videos on YouTube when it comes to cases. Unless you have in hands, so you can actually see what's what, you can't make a proper call if it's good or not. I've said I'll never buy an Antec product ever again, but a case is a case. So I said to myself, what could possibly go wrong? In my life I've bought  a lot of things, some of of them turned out to be crap. But this is truly the worst piece of shit I have ever bought.

And now I swear I'll never buy an Antec product ever again. Even if it's something that only Antec makes. I would rather not own whatever that product might be than dealing with an Antec product.

Edited by Darth Revan
Misspelling.

2 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

Worst piece of shit that I have ever seen. Whoever designed this case, needs to be executed. A no name 10$ case is build better and with better materials than this garbage.

Antec says the case can fit an ATX mobo. While that's true, it's barely true. Since the mobo barely fits in.

The cable management? Atrocious. It's basically non existing. In the left corner you'll find the cut out for the 4/8 pin power connector which is unusable. Since the mobo covers it up when installed. Sure you do some trickery with cables by forcing the cables as flat as possible by pushing the mobo on them but that's just insanely stupid.

The hdd tool-less mounting mechanism is the worst tool-less design ever. While it locks the hdd in, the hdd can still move freely up and down no problem, even securing it with screws doesn't fix the issue, Another thing regarding the hdd mounting, the sata power cables you have to jam them in such a way that when you close the side panel it might break the connect from the hard drive. The case also has a 2.5 inch ssd/hard drive mount place. You have to slide it in at an angle then push it down and then lock it with screws. While this is ok, the problem occurs once again with the cables. The sata power cable barely fits in, and once wrong move and you'll break the connector on the ssd/hdd.

Moving on to the 5.25 bay, the top one is useless. The metal is bend in such a way that it just doesn't fit the optical drive. It's not a 5.25 inch bay, it's more like 5.24. Just small enough so it won't fit. You can only use the second one. But once again the tool-less design is crap, because it just don't hold the drive in place. Likely there are holes so you can screw it in.

Honestly I have more to say, but I think that's enough for now. I've had Antec products before, they were crap. Each one of them had some issue. And I promised myself to never buy an Antec product ever again. But I wanted a new case since I'm planning on upgrading my rig and the gpu that I wanted wouldn't fit in my current case.

And I don't have that much money plus I didn't want to spend a lot on the case. So I saw the Antec one and read some reviews on it and some YouTube videos and it looked like a great deal. Boy was I wrong. What I've learned is never to trust reviewers and videos on YouTube when it comes to case. Unless you have in hands, so you can actually see what's what, you can't make a proper call if it's good or not. I've said I'll never buy an Antec product ever again, but a case is a case. So I said to myself, what could possibly go wrong? In my life I've bought  a lot of things, some of of them turned out to be crap. But this is truly the worst piece of shit I have ever bought.

And now I swear I'll never buy an Antec product ever again. Even if it's something that only Antec makes. I would rather not own whatever that product might be than dealing with an Antec product.

Antec is pretty bad, and not only in cases. :-|

I have a watercooler from them, which temps look like a stock cooler.

It's incredibly loud, and the USB plug leads to BIOS issues.

They should slowly die out.

Here's to the crazy ones...