Best Intercal Timer Settings

Alaa

What are the most ideal settings to shoot a timelapse of a traffic junction?

Will depend a lot of how the weather is and a lot of other aspects. It will depend from scene to scene and day to day really. 

Do you know how the exposure triangle works? How to use manual and set a correct exposure? 

If you know that, its a good start. Personally I would stop down my lens a bit (f/7.1 - f/16 ish) to increase the DOF unless I want to create some special effect with a shallow dof. The shutter speed will depend if you want the cars to be sharp or if you want light streaks with the cars blurred. When you have decided that the ISO will depend on those two to set a proper exposure. I would probably set the ISO to auto though if you can if you plan to do a very long timelapse where the light will drop. Then the auto iso will help with that and increase it when it gets darker. 

A tripod is neccessary. But really this all depends on how you want your shot. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

1 hour ago, xQubeZx said:

I have a feeling the OP is asking about what interval timer settings to use and not camera settings.

6 hours ago, Alaa said:

What are the most ideal settings to shoot a timelapse of a traffic junction?

So how long do you plan to shoot the scene?

How long do you want the final timelapse video to be?

What frame rate are you going to use?

For example, if I plan to shoot a scene for one hour and want to compress that single hour into a one minute video using a frame rate of 25fps, I would have to capture a total of 1500 frames with one frame every 2.4 seconds.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

1 hour ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

I have a feeling the OP is asking about what interval timer settings to use and not camera settings.

So how long do you plan to shoot the scene?

How long do you want the final timelapse video to be?

What frame rate are you going to use?

For example, if I plan to shoot a scene for one hour and want to compress that single hour into a one minute video using a frame rate of 25fps, I would have to capture a total of 1500 frames with one frame every 2.4 seconds.

Yea, realised that after I read a bit closer. However that would have really just been some easy math to figure it out. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

On 2/13/2017 at 0:09 AM, xQubeZx said:

Yea, realised that after I read a bit closer. However that would have really just been some easy math to figure it out. 

I can't do math :P